“Great restaurant !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sancho's

Sancho's
50 meters from the soccer field in Manuel Antonio, Manuel Antonio National Park, Costa Rica
506-777-0340
Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Takeout
Description: Finally, authentic Mexican food in Costa Rica. Everything on the menu is made fresh daily. Open for lunch and dinner. You can also take it 'to go' or have it delivered, rain, or shine. In our new location, just down the street, we can now accomodate larger parties and more diners. Come enjoy the patio seating and fast friendly service.
“Great restaurant !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

My friend and I went to eat at sancho's during our vacation and it was amazing! The food was all so fresh and not long of a wait after ordering at all!! I ordered the veggie burrito As well as the nachos... Amazing!! Definitely recommend this spot, great atmosphere, awesome location (right next store to backpackers hostel), and staff is so friendly and knowledgable. Try it, you won't regret it :)

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Just OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

My son and I went to eat at Sancho's. The food was nothing to write home about. The burrito was cold and the nachos were just ok. It Was expensive too.

New Providence, New Jersey
“Delicious Fish tacos and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Read an earlier review that was not so positive so wasn't sure if we should go but so glad we did. The fish tacos were delicious- plenty of fresh fish and nice bite sizes, chicken burrito and chicken quesadillas were also very good. The food came out very quickly and the staff was very attentive. Would definitely go back!

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boston, MA
“decent food, bit overpriced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

It is a small restaurant just off the main road where you go to the counter and order. We ordered veg tacos, veg enchilada & wrap. All the food was good and Guacamole was really tasty. Unfortunately the Taco was too small - they should have at least two on those on the plate. Other items were bit small too for the price they charge. Overall not a bad choice.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Skip this place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

We were the ONLY people in the place. Our food came out one plate at a time and the 5 plates took over an hour. No lie. 2 of those plates being tacos! Just tacos! Mediocre food as well. Waitress was nice, cook/owner? Was nice as well but we should have known better when he apologized for no black beans because the ones he cooked yesterday were bad. There's a market 100 meters away with canned black beans. Not the best I know but better than nothing! This place needs some help. A local who can cook and a short order cook to train how to cook more than one plate at a time. Sorry sanchos. We gave it a shot. No one got sick though, thanks for not serving bad black beans!

Visited July 2014
Mike Z, Owner at Sancho's, responded to this review, October 14, 2014
Im sorry this was your experience you took away from your visit at Sancho's. Im American so i know the importance of things getting done fast paced. Soon as i plate food i want it out of the kitchen so it does not get cold. On extremely busy nights i still get food out in under 20 minutes. I cook a huge pot of beans and go through them in two days. They take 4 hours to cook and i had those beans cooked the night before at 6pm because of the heavy volume we did the day before. I never ran into this problem of beans going bad so fast but i did my investigation on why they went bad so quick and found out the solution so i never face that problem again. I would never serve canned beans to anyone because everything i cook is fresh and never from a can. I wish you would of said to me that you wanted canned beans because then i could of done that for you. When i explained the situation you guys had no problems what so ever with not having beans and said you were ordering items that did not come with beans and not to worry about it. I will do anything that will make the customer happy so i wish you would of just spoke up. I hope in the future you will give us another shot and we can change your whole experience at Sancho's.