“Definitely worth it!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Costa Rica Jade Tours

Costa Rica Jade Tours
Manuel Antonio | Manuel Antonio National Park, Manuel Antonio National Park 60601, Costa Rica
2777 0932
Website
Update attraction details
Type: National Parks
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Costa Rica Jade Tours is a local tour company in beautiful Manuel Antonio. We offer the best activities and tours to help make all your vacation dreams come true. Contact us so we can help you discover the most exciting adventures and exotic treasures from this spectacular land. You may never want to leave!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Hereford, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
“Definitely worth it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We were a bit unsure whether to spend $30 dollars on a guide but without doubt it ended up being one of the best decisions we've made to book a tour with Mario. Booked fairly last minute the night before and there was still availability for the next day, luckily! Took about 3 hours and was amazing. Basically without a guide you look like a muppet as you stroll past almost invisible delights of nature and peer over the shoulders of those who have booked a guide! Mario jut lovely and genuinely passionate. Cannot recommend highly enough.

mariobrady, Owner at Costa Rica Jade Tours, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Hola :)
Thank you very much for appreciating our work.
As naturalist guide my big goal is always to provide a memorable experience to my clients in each tour. When I do a tour I really enjoy it alot and I enjoy it even more when I find excellent reviews in tripadvisor.

Thanks!

Los Angeles, California
“Lots of fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Mario was a great guide and the nature tour of Manuel Antonio was well worth it. Got to see all kinds of cool frogs, lizards, monkeys, and some sloths, too. He was very knowledgable and more importantly had a great eye for spotting wildlife. The second payoff at the end of the tour is the beautiful beach where you can then lounge on a hot day.

London
“Impatient”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We did this tour with Mario and he was ok, but not great. He was knowledgable about the different species of wildlife we saw, and spotted different insects etc. However we found him very impatient and definitely not as open and generous as other guides we have had during our trip to Costa Rica, who were fantastic. The main problem was that Mario did not seem to want to show us where anything was to see with our own eyes. He set his periscope up for us - which is great to see things up close, but it is also important to see things with your own eyes and take photos! When we asked him to point the insect/bird etc out, he would say 'it's in there' and gesture at the bushes. It seemed as though he could not be bothered to explain to us how to spot it. Other guides we had took the time to explain to each person where to spot the wildlife and make sure we could all see it.
He also wasn't very patient waiting for us when we were looking at an animal - for example a sloth we saw in the trees. I understand that we have limited time, but a friendly comment would have been nice rather than just storming off without us.
Still, it's hard not to see a lot of wildlife in MA, so it is definitely a great experience regardless - I just wouldn't choose this tour provider again.

mariobrady, Propietario at Costa Rica Jade Tours, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Hello dear friend,
I still remember you very well because you were the person who made a comment during the group tour of the park, you told me that using the telescope to see the animals was like looking to the TV. I respected your way of thinking and I stayed quiet avoiding a confrontation because the other people were really enjoying the telescope and the tour as well.
During a nature tour a good guide must think about many things such as comfort of the client during walk, that the information provided is clear, professional and fun, the guide tries to take his people away from the crowds, help the client to take photographs trough the telescope, ensure that the client's health status remains optimal for the activity and much more.
I am a guide with 13 years experience, after so many years I've learn that there will be always uncomfortable people to deal with. Personally I am a naturalist full of interesting information in every tour and your tour wasn't the exception at all. I really take my work SERIOUS because I also want my company to have the best rating in tripadvisor. When I told you to skip the sloth is because it was too crowded and we had already seen other sloths before wich I gave you a lot of information about it too, but it seems that you did not understand that part. When you asked me where the lizard was located "the lizard was really obvious and very visible to see it" I told you that it was in front of us right on the leaves, I was also guiding the other people and I did not realize that you were having problems to see it. You should have told me that you did not see it and explain to you more. When I usually set up the telescope for showing the animals to the people I also point out the place where the animal is located and I tell everyone to have a look through the scope so it will be highly easier to find them after looking in the telescope, if the person has problems to see it then I think there's nothing wrong in telling the guide that the information for finding the animal was not enough, if you don't tell me anything how could I know that you are having problems to see the animal.
I am never impatient, my passion is to have the feeling of being succesfull in my nature tours, I totally enjoy my work and teach everyone from my knowledge and experience this is also the reason of why I usually provide a longer tour than the accustomed in the park.
I still can't believe how you can say that I am "impatient" after having almost a four hours tour with me in the park. All the other guides and companys usually only do 2 1/2 hours.

9 attraction reviews
“Seeing the invisible at Manuel Antonio National Park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Mario Brenes of Jade Tours is a phenomenal guide. He can see things in the forest that appear invisible. Then he knowledgeably and patiently points them out to you and explains everything you might ever want to know about this particular species of...frog, iguana, sloth, monkey, cricket, bird, etc. Other guides turn to him for information. He truly is an expert and his English is excellent. I had him as a guide last year for a different tour (Rainmaker Canopy Tour) and knew that if I ever returned, Mario was the guide I wanted. He's simply the best! You cannot go wrong with Mario!

Hello,
It is a big pleasure to hear that you've enjoyed our Manuel Antonio Park tour. It feels great to know that our clients keep coming back for our nature tours, its a great success for us and for me as your naturalist guide on both of your tours.
I want to thank you very sincerely for your positive words.

Pura vida :)
New Hampshire
96 attraction reviews
“Mario was great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We were picked up at our hotel and Mario gave us a great tour through Manual Antonio. He has such a knack for spotting even the smallest of creature and helps you take amazing pictures through his scope on your own cameras or smart phones. He is filled with information on the park as well as just about anything you may encounter. This is a park that we could tour on our own, but we would have just walked around and wondered what all the hype was. Having someone finding the wildlife that lives here and getting you close up shots made the trip that much more rewarding. This is a case that I would say you will get so much more out of the experience by going with someone like Mario. He's a fascinating guy.