“WOW!! What an Experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Amigos del RioSafe, Unique, Reliable and Intense Adventures in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica!White Water Rafting in Costa Rica or Kayaking along the Manuel Antonio's coast will make your Costa Rica family vacation unforgettable! Enjoy all the water sports that Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica has to offer you. From world class whitewater rafting at just 30 minutes from the famous Manuel Antonio National Park, in Savegre and Naranjo rivers to Ocean Kayaking along the beautiful Quepos coast line or Mangrove Kayaking at the Damas Island estuary, we will provide you with safe and unique fun, cause we love what we do. Please browse through our site and let us know in which way we can help you enjoy your stay in our beautiful Costa Rica.Pura vida, and see you on the water!The Amigos del Rio Team
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Manuel Antonio National Park, Costa Rica
4 attraction reviews
“WOW!! What an Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I have gone white water rafting on several different rivers in the US as well as the Pacuare River here in Costa Rica, but my experience rafting with Amigos Del Rio, was by far my favorite experience of all. The guides were fantastic, some of the most professional and all around good guys you will ever meet! They kept us entertained the entire trip - they were all a wealth of knowledge about the palm plantations, Costa Rica history and plant and wildlife. I learned more from them than on the guided tour of the national park! Even though, I had been rafting before, the rest of my family were first timers. Once we arrived to the starting point they gave us a safety talk (very thorough), split us into groups, and we were on our way! We went on the Savegre River, which is a must do while you are in Costa Rica.. the scenery is breathtaking! The rapids are fun, exhilerating. We even got to go surfing! You will also make a stop at a beautiful waterfall, and stop and eat breakfast (prepared by the great guides) along the way. So so so so so much fun!!!!! Definitely recommend buying the pictures the photographer takes, they were some of the best family pictures we got during the entire trip. I went with my family of 6, and there were probably about 20 other people on that trip, and I must say every single person had a big smile on their face the whole time! Raft with them on your trip, and you will not be disappointed. Thanks Amigos Del Rio for the perfect experience!

Visited November 2012

Manuel Antonio National Park, Costa Rica
“10 en 1”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I lived 8 years in Manuel Antonio, and I can assure you there is nothing better than the 10 in 1 tour offered by Amigos del Rio. The adrenaline, the variety, the safety, the professionalism of the guides, the delicious food, the 4x4 ride up to the mountain, the breathtaking views, the waterfalls, the zip lines, the different ways of rappelling, the tarzan swing, the hike, the dive into the river. If you are looking for adventure in an amazing place, look no more. This is a must do while you are in Manuel Antonio area.

Visited January 2013
3 attraction reviews
“Watch out for your stuff!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

As our van arrived at the Savegre river, the guides told us to keep our valuable and electronic items with us in their 'dry bags' on the boats, so I took out my iPhone and wrapped it in a plastic bag. Less than 2 minutes after we got out of the van, I realized that I had left my phone on the back seat. I walked over to get it and realized immediately that it had been stolen as the boats were being unloaded by the Amigos del Rio 'crew.' I didn't want to make a scene or alarm the other passengers, so I spoke with the company reps privately about my phone being taken out of the van.
They denied it was one of the guides, but they were clearly the only ones who had access to the van after we all got out. Snatched in less than 2 minutes!!!

Be careful with Amigos del Rio. Not a good feeling to be ripped off after paying almost $200 for my girlfriend and I to raft the Savegre, and not a good way to start your day on vacation in Costa Rica.

raftercr, General Manager at Amigos Del Rio, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Customer,

We are very sorry that you lost your iPhone.

We made several stops along the way to the river, for bathroom breaks, stops to take pictures etc. When you realized that you had misplaced your phone, we helped you look for it in the van, and went back to the restaurant, so you could check there as well as at the bathrooms. Since you were not sure where exactly you had left it, we tried to backtrack as much as possible. Unfortunately, it was nowhere to be found. You accused our staff of stealing your phone, and although we knew this was not the case, to give you some relief, we searched all of our employees bags.

As this happened before we even reached the river, we had to continue with the tour. I was very happy that both you and your wife had a great time on the river!

Since we were unable to find your phone, after the trip, we gave you a picture CD valued at $35 for free, and gave you a full refund of your trip.

I am very sad that after all of this you decided to write this comment, and when we talked I really felt you understood and were happy with what we had done for you.
Long Island, NY
4 attraction reviews
“Wonderful Day in Costa Rica on the Savegre River”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We booked a rafting trip on January 6th with Amigos Del Rio for six people. All I can say is that if you want an unforgettable day in Costa Rica, book with these guys. They are the most enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and fun group of guys you will ever meet. Every aspect of the experience (the drive to the Savegre, the breakfast, the rafting, the lunch, the stop at Banano's mother's restaurant on the drive home) was fantastic. These guys are not only fun, but they have an intimate knowledge of this river...they have been running it since they were kids. Book with them and you will have a very memorable day.

Visited January 2013
London
“Awesome fun. Great guides. Some negatives.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

We did the beginners course and someone was tossed out of the raft in the first five minutes so that's something to consider. The guides are truly experts though and we told him to take it a bit more easy and for the rest of the day it wasn't as intense (we had some first-time ladies with us). You stop at a gorgeous waterfall and get sensational pictures. The other stop is for lunch. You scan swim if you are a really strong swimmer, if not the current will eat you alive. Advice - bring sunscreen and put loads on your outer forearms as this is what's most exposed. Also when you eat there isn't any shade so again sunscreen! No shoes of flip flops as they will be ruined or gone. You MUST HAVE the aqua sock type of footwear. That's what the guides wear and so should you. We saw some toucans and a huge boa constrictor. It was a great day out but $89 is way too much. I have mentioned this in other reviews for attractions in Costa Rica. I simply think they over charge. I'd pay 50 for this and would do it again if it were priced fairly or at leat offered a 1/2 price return visit (as is done in many other parts of the world). One more thing. Because there was only 2 of us they put is in a small raft with another couple. I was not happy about this. I have rafted before and the its more stable in the large raft and the bonding experience is far superior with a big group. If we were told this was going to happen we would not have booked the trip.

Alejandro_Acosta1028, Public Relations Manager at Amigos Del Rio, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear Friend, thank you for your comments! We deeply appreciate all the feedback from our clients. Regarding the raft sizes, we try to accommodate the large groups or families together, usually on the larger rafts. As we had only 2 couples left for security reasons we used a smaller raft. We are sorry that you didn't feel comfortable with this situation. We hope that you made us aware of how you felt at the beginning of the trip so we could have made sure to accommodate you in a way where you would have felt better. We hope to see you again in the future so you can give us another chance to please you.