“Great Time” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Amigos del RioSafe, Unique, Reliable and Intense Adventures in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica!White Water Rafting in Costa Rica or Kayaking along the Manuel Antonio's coast will make your Costa Rica family vacation unforgettable! Enjoy all the water sports that Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica has to offer you. From world class whitewater rafting at just 30 minutes from the famous Manuel Antonio National Park, in Savegre and Naranjo rivers to Ocean Kayaking along the beautiful Quepos coast line or Mangrove Kayaking at the Damas Island estuary, we will provide you with safe and unique fun, cause we love what we do. Please browse through our site and let us know in which way we can help you enjoy your stay in our beautiful Costa Rica.Pura vida, and see you on the water!The Amigos del Rio Team
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Olivette, Missouri, United States
9 attraction reviews
“Great Time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I had a great time with these guys. The guides are fun and keep the drive or slow part of the river interesting by providing information about the area. I rafted the Sevegre River with them. This is a Class II to III river. This would be a good trip for a beginner or with children. You are not in danger of falling out or getting hurt on rocks. The guides kept us very safe. This was my 7th trip rafting and 3rd in CR. I know a little about what I am talking about. I have been on trips with bad guides and people suffered minor injuries. Fabian was a good and informative guide. The others were as well, but I don't remember their names. Fabian showed up at my hotel to pick me up at 7:10 AM on the dot as scheduled.

Visited October 2012

Puerto Quepos, Costa Rica
6 attraction reviews
“Not enough words to describe it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

This is one of my favorites activities in the area. They will pick you up at your hotel and take you to their office where they will provide you breakfast (delicious gallo pinto- typical breakfast). We did the rafting tour at Savegre river, what a great experience! We were able to see a lot of birds around the river. They also stop to see a beautiful waterfall where you can swim a little (perfect place for pictures- they have a photographer). The guides are amazing people, always taking care of everyone, specially the little one! They will serve you the lunch at the river and drive you back to your hotel!
Lifetime experience! Thank you amigos del Rio :)

Visited August 2012
Conshohocken, Pennsylvania
“Highlight of Manuel Antonio”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

This adventure was the highlight of our trip to Manuel Antonio. It was a true adventure- hiking, repealing, waterfalls, hummers, zip lining... plus Ramirez was an amazing guide throughout (as were all the ADR people!) We sent at least 8 other people we met on our trip to this adventure we talked about it so much. You won't be disappointed!

Visited August 2012
“White water rafting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

A group of us booked a white water rafting tour with Amigos Del Rio and our experience was amazing! Fabian, our guide and our photographer, and the driver were full of information about the area. Pointing out wild life, and explaining the way the locals live. They were very professional and made us feel safe at all times! Fabian was an outstanding guide and was hilarious! We ate a delicious lunch that the driver prepared under a bridge in a stream, what can I say? Outstanding experience, one we will never forget! The photographer took amazing photos, a must buy! Fabian, I hope you will never forget the crazy group from Miami & LA
Todd, Liz, Stacey, Cliff, Lauren, and Kristy

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Awesome Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We just returned from a fabulous 7 day vacation to Costa Rica which included white water rafting the Rio Savagre with ADR. Our guide, Anthony, was awesome! It was the first time my husband and I had white water rafted and we loved it! His safety talk was very good and his instruction while on the river was very helpful. All of the guides were very friendly and informative about surrounding wildlife and plants. This experience was definitely one of the highlights of our trip and has made us want to try rafting on other rivers very soon! Thanks Anthony and ADR!!!

Visited September 2012