“Good location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Jungle Beach Hotel at Manuel Antonio

You added Jungle Beach Hotel at Manuel Antonio to your Saves list
Jungle Beach Hotel at Manuel Antonio
2.5 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Main Road Manuel Antonio National PArk | 200 Mts From Espadilla Beach, Manuel Antonio National Park 60601, Costa Rica (Formerly Hotel Pura Selva)   |
Offers & Announcements
10% off room rate
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I stayed here recently, the stay was good overall.

The staff were friendly and helpful throughout. The location of the hotel is excellent and is about 5 minutes walk from the public beach, 10 minutes to restaurants and 15 minutes to the national park. The hotel is one of the last properties on the road away from the beach before the road gets extremely steep and very difficult to walk further.

The rooms are good and clean overall, however there is a strong smell of mould in the rooms as other reviewers have commented on.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
East Haddam, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

close to the national park, beach
clean and pretty environment
kind workers

my bathroom drain was not working well.
a little bit smell from damp air and drain (I am very sensitive with smell, too)
breakfast is not impressive

I've checked a famous hostel on the way to this hotel. They charged 60 dollars a night with private room and shared bathroom. Also, there are so many expensive hotels there. I would choose this place for sure one more time instead of the expensive hostel.
Overall, it is a nice hotel with reasonable price.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

After reading reviews on TripAdvisor I was happy to make a reservation at Jungle Beach Hotel three months in advance. When I got there,I paid $254 for three nights (85 for a night), and they gave us the room number 4. At first it didn't seem bad, but when I got to the room, I got the impression that I was in the motel with some decorations. It was dark and smelly. I didn't care much at that point. The mattress was uncomfortable. In the morning before going to the park I went to the shower, and there was no water. I cleaned my face with the bottled water. Then I and my partner went to have breakfast and we found out that there was nothing to eat except very old parts of muffins and some fruits. We were in rush to the tour to Manuel Antonio which was amazing, and on the way back I checked several hotels which were closet to the entrance of the Manuel Antonio Park.( from Jungle Beach Hotel 15 mins) To my big surprise, very nice hotels with gardens, swimming pools, and full breakfast cost $75. I went back to Jungle Beach and explained that I was very disappointed by the amenities, and I wanted to cancel the two remaining nights. The woman at the reception told me that the owner would be in the morning, and I could speak with him. I took my things, left the key, and moved to a very nice hotel just 1 minute from the Manuel Antonio Park for $75. In the morning I went back to the hotel. After long conversation the owner said that he could give me the money only for the 3rd night. I didn't fight, I just took money and left. I lost $85 but I spent the rest of my time in a very nice and clean place. Also, there are several hostels very close to the Park, and if this option works for you, you can stay there for just $10 per night. Overall, it is cheaper going directly to the hotel and negotiate the price, and if you pay cash, all hotels that I went to,gave 20-30% discount.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Toledo, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

This was a true find for us. It was inexpensive compared to everything else in Manuel ANtonio and was absolutely perfect. The breakfast was simple fruit and bread but the troop of monkeys and huge iguana that came every morning made it perfect. The A/C was nice and cold which was a nice break from the heat we had been staying in. Beach is right across the street and was beautiful!

Room Tip: All the rooms seem great!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

This place has several rooms overlooking a courtyard contained in beautiful greenery . Squirrel or howler Monkeys often pass through at dusk . Breakfast is simple with a resident iguana. You can buy a beer or coke at reception and get your washing done. It's a nice place to be close to beach and restaurants almost better than the park which is a ten dollar bush walk at best

• Stayed April 2013
Santa Rosa, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

The Jungle Beach Hotel is not fancy, but it had everything we needed and the price was right! Each room is decorated differently, but they have a TV, AC unit and a small refrigerator. The hotel and rooms are clean. They set out a nice little fruit, bread & beverage breakfast. One morning we had breakfast with 5 Howler Monkey’s. The hotel is a 4 minute walk to the beach and there is plenty of dinning/bars and shopping in the area. Eric, a gentleman at the front desk, made all the reservations for our activities while we were there. Eric was super helpful and had great recommendations. We loved everything we booked, but I think the very best one was El Santuario Canopy Tour, it's a must do!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
As, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights and would loved to stay longer. Great place! We had room 12, which is upstairs with a nice balcony. We woke up every morning by the monkeys and saw them lots of times. Good room with nice beds, good shower, fridge, tv and very clean. Nicely painted! On the other side of the road is a nice beach and the national park is just about 15 minutes walk (just buy an entrance ticket and ask for a map, no need for a guide; there are so many groups with guides that you can't miss where they stop to see wildlife). Breakfast was okay with toast and jam, fresh fruit, juice, coffee, tea and cake.Private parking.
When we come back to Costa Rica we definitely will stay here again!

Room Tip: Upstairs room (2 doublebeds) 12 is great (11 next door also; same kind of room)
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Jungle Beach Hotel at Manuel Antonio? Share your experiences!