“Clean local hotspot” 3 of 5 stars

You added Hotel Flor Blanca to your Saves list
Hotel Flor Blanca
and 1 more site!
Hotel Flor Blanca
on the main road from Quepos to Manuel Antonio, Manuel Antonio National Park, Costa Rica   |
“Clean local hotspot”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

Average overpriced hotel, though clean rooms with a/c on a central location. Pool not worth a visit, service is ok but not really comitted or helpful. Credit cards not accepted although written on website. Full with ticos. Breakfast simple but ok.

• Stayed December 2012

48 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I am basing this review on the booking experience however I was never allowed to stay.

I made a booking directly on this hotels website and received a confirmation email. I was emailed back shortly after advising me that they were fully booked and could not accept my reservation. As infuriating as this was I accepted that they had not managed their website correctly and replied back saying OK but can they please advise of any places they know of that might be able to accept us given we were due to check-in in 2 days time - I never received a response to my email.

I then received an email from them on the day I was due to checkin reconfirming my booking and some info on the property, I then replied to this saying that I am confused as I understood my booking could not be accepted and to please confirm that it has been cancelled as we already found alternate accommodation - I never received a response to my email.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Excellent service and very friendly staff. Rooms are clean with private showers, TV and AC (not available in many hostels in Costa Rica). Close to both beaches in Manuel Antonio and the National Park, but not within walking distance. Easily accessible by car or bus. Nice, clean kitchen equipped with cookware- we were able to make fried plantains and fried fish from local market.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Sarasota, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

This was my first time at a Hostel and it was a great experience. The owners were wonderful! They were always friendly and helping everyone out with bus schedules, tours etc. My room was basic, but clean, quiet and had great air conditioning. The pool and communal kitchen were great. We shopped at the market just down the street and enjoyed cooking our dinner beside the pool. They also have internet access and a delicious breakfast all included in the price! I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Yeovil UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

This was our first experince of a hostel and we were pleased we chose here. Our room was clean and comfortable and having the pool a real bonus too. The owners were extremely helpful and were able to help us book an excellent kayak trip in the mangroves. The supermarket was close by and we were able to cook a basic meal in the comunual kitchen. Breakfast was included in the price, freshly prepared and there was a good choice. Very good laundry service available.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Nomad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

La Flor Blanca is a really lovely hotel. It is very conveniently located right next to the bus stop, the supermarket and a superb Vietnamese restaurant, but the best part are the owners. They are incredibly nice and helpful! They helped us book a catamaran tour - on the morning of the tour. When Interbus failed to pick us up at the end of our stay, they handled the angry call to Interbus, called other bus companies to ask for alternatives, and gave us some pineapple for the trip. Lovely! Their breakfast is great, too - try the Costa Rican version Gallo Pinto!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Milan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

The hotel in on the way from Quepos to Manuel Antonio.
It is very clean and comfortable; the bus stop and supermarket just in front.
Good quality/ price relationship as manuel antonio is expensive.
Good breakfast.
The owner is very helpful and kind, he 's never tired to give you information and tips.
I think Flor Blanca is an excellent choice.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Flor Blanca? Share your experiences!