My trip with my wife and two teenage sons was a year ago. While I enjoyed it very much, particularly Los Altos, I have come to appreciate it even more after having been on additional trips to other places.
The actual condo is great--spacious, comfortable--plenty of room for many people without stepping on toes. Nice amenities throughout.
The staff is very helpful and responds to needs quickly.
Overall the "resort" is small so your time there is your quiet time. The surrondings are beautiful and hard for a day to go by without seeing monkeys, interesting birds, roosters and other animals. The pool is basic but good size for number of guests. The restaurant does good job with all meals though things are a bit pricey. We ate some meals there and some at nearby restaurants--many are walkable or just a short cab ride.
We spent some entire days at resort and where very happy. Other days did tours/ziplining and coming back to such a spacious and nicely appointed condo was always a good end to the day.
The only reason I did not give this 5 stars is the beach--it is ok but not the typical island beach where you spend the day--definitely ask the staff to transport you round trip and they will do so happily (beaches around Manuel Antonio National Park are the place to go for a beach day).
Grocery down the road is interesting but has all the basics you will need and nice to have a condo to allow you to stock up on basic things for the trip.
Appreciate the comment on distances being deceiving in pics. this is mainly a result of vertical distance between lobby of units and the pool rather than a long walk. You will find much longer walks to the pool at many resorts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bold in presence; playful in personality. Los Altos Resort and Spa is Manuel Antonio's premier laid back luxury boutique resort. The Los Altos aesthetic represents a sensitive integration between tropical authenticity and modern amenities. We offer 28 gorgeous private residences, each boasting a vivid Pacific Ocean view through floor to ceiling windows. Also, for a luxury resort in the heart of Manuel Antonio, our rates are very reasonable. Very reasonable, and you get a lot out of us, which we're happy about. We like to keep things simple. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Los Altos Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Altos Beach Resort And Spa
- Los Altos Beach Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Los Altos Beach Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park