I just got back to North Carolina after spending five days at Los Altos with my family, and I can confidently say that this was one of the most incredible resorts I have ever stayed in! Having worked around the world in the hospitality industry with luxury hotels from Beijing to Vancouver to Alaska, I can honestly report that the amenities, accommodations, service, food, facilities, staff, and management are all world class!
From the moment I arrived, the staff at the front desk and at the restaurant, Karolas, made an effort to greet me and my family individually, and they remembered all of our names! Everyone I spoke to, whether a bartender or a manager, was equally comfortable speaking either English or Spanish, and they all went above and beyond my expectations to make sure I felt at home and that my vacation was as relaxing and enjoyable as possible. When I had to change my departure plans at the last minute, one of the employees at the front desk even offered to wake up at 3am to drive me ALL the way to the airport in San Jose. Now THAT is service! By no means should you expect the service here to run on "Tico time" -- the professionalism here is of the highest international quality.
The entire resort looks brand new, and everything is of world class quality. The rooms are more like private homes, with everything you would need for a family getaway. The design and decor are warm, inviting, clean, elegant, and far more sophisticated than I had expected -- even nicer than the pictures, if you can believe it! The beds were incredibly comfortable, the showers were clean and modern, and the balcony off the living room offered one of the best sunsets I have ever seen. The fitness center has everything I needed for daily workouts. The spa, where I had a top-notch massage, was beautiful. The infinity pool was clean, and the jungle surroundings were true paradise. The private beach was as authentic as it gets. Don't expect Cancun here! Jungle vines hanging over the black volcanic sand, untouched rocky shoreline, and complete serenity.
The open-air restaurant, Karolas, was one of the most romantic and grand tropical restaurants I have seen. Nothing says luxury like a top-tier meal with impecable service, an open-air view of sunset over the Pacific Ocean, and the sound of monkeys and toucans in the jungle below. The menu was wonderful, and I especially enjoyed the tropical tuna tartare lunch wrap. The bars, both at Karola and beside the pool, served delicious tropical drinks and standard choices at very reasonable prices. The happy hour, with 2 for 1, was unbeatable! No reason ever to leave the resort! Even when I asked the bartenders to make me complicated special orders, they were more than happy to accommodate.
Moral of the story -- whenever I visit Costa Rica again, I will be headed DIRECTLY for Los Altos. This is as good as it gets!
- Also Known As:
- Los Altos Beach Hotel
- Los Altos Beach Resort And Spa
- Los Altos Beach Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Los Altos Beach Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bold in presence; playful in personality. Los Altos Resort and Spa is Manuel Antonio’s premier laid back luxury boutique resort. Custom designed by Jose Associates, the Los Altos aesthetic represents a sensitive integration between tropical authenticity and modern amenities. We offer 28 gorgeous private residences, each boasting a vivid Pacific Ocean view through floor to ceiling windows. Also, for a luxury resort in the heart of Manuel Antonio, our rates are very reasonable. Very reasonable, and you get a lot out of us, which we’re happy about. We like to keep things simple. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tablet Hotels, BookIt.com, Splendia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Otel, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Los Altos Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.