“Great tour guide for Ocean Kayaking” 5 of 5 stars
Review of H2O Adventures

H2O Adventures
del Hotel Lirio 300 este 100 sur, Manuel Antonio National Park 60601, Costa Rica
+506 2774092
Website
Improve this listing
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: H2O Adventures operates rafting trips in Costa Rica. We are the only company running the Chorro Section Class IV(V) of the Naranjo River(Dec-April)since 2002. The lower Naranjo Class III+ runs from May through December. We also run an excellent family trip on the lower Savegre Class II-III year around and a 2-day trip on the upper Savegre Class IV. We operate kayak trips along Manuel Antonio Coast and in the Damas Island Estuary.We are the franchise, in Manuel Antonio for Rios Tropicales, ranked the #1 Costa Rica Adventure Outfitter and #5 Rafting Company in the World by National Geographic Adventure Online Magazine. Under these same standards, H2O Adventures also offers beyond compare excursions in Guanacaste, Sarapiqui, Arenal Volcano and the Caribbean. All the outfitters are owned and operated by river people, we are growing together in the business by offering a fair price to the best quality activities in Costa Rica.
Houston, Texas
“Great tour guide for Ocean Kayaking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

My husband and I booked an Ocean Kayaking tour from H2O Adventures through Luna Tours. We had a wonderful experience and great tour guide. The guide and crew were waiting for us to arrive, loaded the kayaks and took us out for an afternoon ocean kayaking tour. We stopped halfway through at a small beach to enjoy some local fruit then continued on to finish the tour. Our guide was fun and knowledgeable about the area. We would highly recommend H20 Adventures for any rafting or kayaking activities when you are in the Quepos area.

San Jose, Costa Rica
“A great trip for an 8th grade class!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Rafting on the Savegre River with H20 was an excellent option for our Country Day School 8th grade class. Rapids are just the right level for this age group, the equipment was in excellent shape, the guides were professional and the service was perfect. Highly recommend it!

Costa Rica
“Tubing on the Savegre - Loads of fun, excitement on the river”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Leo Vazquez, H20 owner and our incredible leader, expertly guided us down the gorgeous Savegre. Safety being his number one priority while making it an exciting, fun tubing tour. Having tubed and rafted in Colorado, my family and I found this one top notch. Oh yes, I fell out of my tube but Leo was right there in no time. I'd highly recommend this trip for its breathtaking beauty and all-in-all fantastic experience. Having lived in Costa Rica for 10 years, I can say this was in my top "10". Thank you Leo!

Atenas, Costa Rica
“Tubbing on the Savagre River”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

This past week I had the opportunity to join a group of friends on a tubbing adventure down the scenic Savegre River. Leo from H2O Adventures was our fearless and ever observant leader through the class 1 and 2 rapids. This trip is mildly exhilarating and perfect for those looking to "test" the waters before taking on the more challenging class 3, 4 and 5 rapids. I would strongly recommend this tour to my friends, family and clients.

Costa Rica
6 attraction reviews
“Tubing Adventure - Unique Fun on the River!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I and a group of friends did the Jungle Tubing tour on the Savegre River earlier this week. Fantastic fun! H2O owner Leo Vazquez led our trip and did an excellent job with taking care of our group, safety by kayak, and guiding us expertly down river. I've done a lot of whitewater rafting in Costa Rica and this river tubing adventure was great fun. In some ways it was more challenging than rafting because you have no paddle to steer; you have to learn to shift your weight to direct your tube and use your arms to "backstroke" paddle. It's a great upper body workout! I found it lots of fun to be in my own individual raft going where I wanted to go and also enjoying the experience with my friends.

The rapids in this section of the Savegre are Class II and I, but in an inner tube raft, they seem bigger! Great waves and you have to navigate some rocks. All safe, and Leo is right there in his kayak should anyone capsize. The specialized rafting tubes are actually much more stable than I thought they would be, and are very comfortable.

I highly recommend this tour for families, friends, couples, and anyone looking to have a unique river rafting experience. Scenery is beautiful. You'll feel like a "big kid" splashing down the river!