“Nice hotel. Good rooms. Needs improvements!”
- Location right across Manuel Antonio National Park entrance.
- Nice view from the terrace.
- Rooms are OK! The size is big enough!
- Bathroom and shower is good!
- Beds could be better but are comfortable enough.
- Filtered water for free.
- Food at the restaurant was good.
- In general staff was polite and friendly.
- Everybody here is talking about the pool... Yes! The pools need cleaning! There was even a FROG in the pool (no problems with the frog - we are very close to the National Park).
- Breakfast was BAD! They need to improve it. There's a little variety of bread, no cheese or ham. They could add more thing to please every taste.
- They need to change the water filter bottle more often. Sometimes they just forgot about it and the water ran empty.
- I know this is not a hotel's fault, but guests should be aware that there are mosquitos near the National Park. Bring an insect repellent!
- Service was affected by the fact that the hotel was being entirely closed/reserved by a big group of Jewish the day we left. On that day, the hotel would be fully occupied only for their families. Because of that, all of the staff were concerned to please their stay, not ours. There were workers all over the hotel making noise until 8PM! We had to ask the front desk every day so that they could stop making loud noises to restore and refurbish rooms. The restaurant had been closed for regular service. We couldn't have dinner at the hotel (instead they were offering a barbecue on the terrace and the staff didn't even know how it worked - price etc.). We couldn't also have breakfast at the restaurant. Instead we had breakfast in the convention room with plastic dishes.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
April 28, 2013
Report response as inappropriate
We appreciate your time for writing your personal opinion in regards to your stay. Thank you very much for pointing out the advantages of staying at our Hotel such as our incredible location right next to the National Park, our amazing terrace with ocean and sunset view, the rooms size which depending in the category it can be from two full size beds or one king size bed, our bed mattresses, and how comfortable you found our bed mattresses in your room.
The food at our Restaurant is one of a kind; we got an extensive and a variety of dishes willing to satisfy all our guests requests from a great seafood platter with freshly caught lobster, juicy beef tenderloin, many vegetarian options, irresistible pastas to the biggest hamburger in town, Congo Burger. We are glad that you rated great our Restaurant lunch and dinning services.
We agree on your review when describing our staff as polite and friendly, we are glad that our staff made your stay memorable. We strive and it is in the mind of each of us to provide the best service possible.
Besides the free purified mineral water we provide, you forgot to mention that we do also provide free WiFi access, complimentary safety box in each room, beach towels and free secured parking, which enables each of our guest to experience all the attractions of Manuel Antonio within a walking distance and without the need of driving.
For two consecutive years we were chosen to carry out the Passover at our Hotel, for that reason there is a transition of one day before it starts, we sent an email notifying all our guests staying the night before to let them know about it. We want to apologize if your agency did not forward you this information; we plan a smooth transition, without affecting the Hotel services. We do feel sorry that you felt the way as you described, but we want to clarify that all our guests are very important, we do feel disappointed that you did not let us know about your discomfort during your stay, as we would kindly explain you that our guests’ satisfaction comes first.
In regards to the maintenance issues described during your stay in March, please consider that being the only Hotel right next to the National Park is a bonus experience, and besides the frog and mosquitoes stated in your review sometimes we are frequented by monkeys, toucans, birds, sloths coming inside the property, the frog that jumped to the pool that day was a circumstantial event which does not mean the pool is dirty, and besides our pool attendant immediately took care o,. Manuel Antonio is an area with many wildlife, that is the charm of visiting an area blessed by abundant nature. However, our maintenance and pool attendant had been working hard in order to make all our guests stay more remarkable and memorable here, at the most beautiful beach in Costa Rica.
To all our TripAdvisor readers, we do take seriously all the feedbacks, and if there is anything we can do to improve your vacation please we appreciate your words during your stay so we can correct anything necessary to make your experience enjoyable and outstanding!
Again we do feel sorry and apologize that you could not experience the remarkable experience that we strive at San Bada for all our guests, and we do hope you can give us a second chance to host you in Paradise!
Please feel free to let us know when you are planning to return so we may see to your reservation personally and ensure that in your next stay will be a remarkable experience.
Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Your friends at Hotel San Bada
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.