“Highlight of our trip” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Water sports
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Quepoa Expeditions is a smaller personalized whitewater river rafting company based out of Quepos, Costa Rica, just minutes from the world famous Manuel Antonio National Park and its spectacular beaches. We offer whitewater rafting on the Rio Savegre,and Rio Naranjo, including the Chorro. We also offer inflatable kayak tours in the dry season, and sea kayak/snorkeling tours.
Seguin, Tx
“Highlight of our trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We loved this trip! We were lucky no one else booked for the day, and we got to have a "private" trip. Our guide was awesome. He knew a lot about the area, and talked to us like we had known him our whole lives.

The staff was all really friendly and knowledgeable. I felt safe never having rafted before, because I knew our guide was experienced. The trip was amazing, I loved floating down the river looking at the scenery (saw a toucan. I was pretty excited) the rapids on the savegre were low at the time. There was definitely enough to keep us entertained, but not enough to be scary. The guide made sure we were having a good time. I would take kids on this trip, and our parents. We stopped at a waterfall and took some pictures and had a snack, then continued down the river. The van picked us up at the end, and we had dinner, which was one of the best we had in Costa Rica.
Expect to get very wet, and definitely bring a change of clothes to dry off. You can purchase the photographers pictures of your trip. I think it was around $30, but don't remember for sure. Regardless, it was totally worth it. I wouldn't even question buying it, just do it! You won't be able to take your own camera.

I highly recommend this trip, and if we come back, we will do it again!

Visited July 2012

Providence, RI
3 attraction reviews
“A highlight of our Costa Rica vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Here is the letter I wrote to the company the day after our trip. It says it all.

Brad,

I wanted to thank Quepoa Expeditions - you, Scott, and Ronnie - for showing us one of the highlights of our Costa Rican vacation. Thus far, we have been to the hanging bridges in Arneal Volcano area and in the Monteverde Cloud Forest, have had guided tours in Monteverde and Manuel Antonio, explored deserted beaches, and zip-lined in Monteverde. Still, our rafting adventure down the Savegre with your crew yesterday was a highlight of our trip. I read the great reviews on Trip Adviser - with a bit of skepticism. A few seemed so over-the-top complimentary that I thought they may have been exaggerated.

When my girlfriend and I saw a mare escorting her young foal across the river (with a postcard background), however, I was convinced. When our guide, Scott slowed the raft and gently steered us away so that we would not spook them, I admired how a very cool and fun guide could also be as considerate as a wildlife biologist. I was also impressed when Scott took the time to point out to us that the mare was standing upstream to make an eddy in the water so that her foal would have an easier time crossing. Throughout the trip, he shared his knowledge of the flora and fauna while ensuring our rafting was exciting yet safe. Scott was a rare mix of laid-back cool with the highest degree of professionalism. For instance, during our safety instruction, he was respectful yet firm about safety. Because of my girlfriend's small size, she struggled with paddling in the beginning. Scott patiently helped her improve and made our river adventure a fantastic experience.

I wanted to mention that the two stops during the trip that you selected were so good that they were memorable in and of themselves.

The scenic waterfall not only looked spectacular, it was even better to swim with the small fish in the cold waters under the waterfall. Thanks, Ronnie for cool outdoor romantic pictures of Eurome and me.

Had I not read the reviews, I would have said that the lunch was the biggest surprise of the day. We would not have had the courage to stop off at a local place like the one where we had lunch. Yet, of all the meals we have enjoyed here, it was one of the best - and the biggest.

For sure, last night we had our best sleep in Costa Rica after yesterday's adventure! And, we'll have some of the most scenic and action-packed pictures of our trip.

Pura vida,

John and Eurome

Santa Barbara, California
“Family River Adventure with Quepoa Expeditions”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Rafting the Savergre river was the high point of our trip to Costa Rica. This was the first rafting trip for our 10 and 8 year old boys and they LOVED it! The guides at Quepoa Expeditions were first rate. They took safety very seriously but also made sure everyone has a great time.

seattle, wa
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We expected more of a float, with a few ripples, but this was an authentic white water trip with gorgeous scenery and plenty of excitement. River guides were fun and full of information about birds, flora and fauna.

Austin, Texas
“Savegre River”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Our family, ages 6-67, took the 3 hour trip on the Savegre. Ronny, Zach, and our photographer, Brad, gave each of us a wonderful experience! Can't say enough nice things about the guys Quepos Expeditions, knowledgable, friendly and fun. The pictures are fabulous!