“Ocean kayaking and snorkling was the highlight of our vacation!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Quepoa Expeditions is a smaller personalized whitewater river rafting company based out of Quepos, Costa Rica, just minutes from the world famous Manuel Antonio National Park and its spectacular beaches. We offer whitewater rafting on the Rio Savegre,and Rio Naranjo, including the Chorro. We also offer inflatable kayak tours in the dry season, and sea kayak/snorkeling tours.
Cleveland, Ohio
“Ocean kayaking and snorkling was the highlight of our vacation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

My wife and I tried ocean kayaking for the first time and it was amazing! We were not sure what to expect at first, but no sooner had we pushed away from shore in our tandem kayak we were hooked! The first surprise was how calm the water was. We were expecting it to be choppy but the water surface was almost like glass. The kayak itself instantly made us feel relaxed and safe; there was no period of adjustment. From the start it was also visually stunning. Being so low to the surface of the water and in such control of your speed and direction, we were immediately struck by a new level of intimacy with the ocean and nature. It was a wonderful balance; we could take it easy and experience a wonderful relaxation, or challenge ourselves to improve our speed, turning ability, synchronization with each other, etc... For this reason, I think this experience offers something for everyone: young or old; fit or unfit; experienced or new to kayaking; seeking exhilaration, relaxation, or a more profound experience with nature. This trip has definitely made me want to look for more opportunities to kayak!

The snorkeling was fun but the day we went the water wasn't the clearest. We still were able to easily encounter a school of colorful fish to play in, which was a lot of fun. Our guide was knowledgeable about the area and described interesting facts about the birds we saw, the land masses that we encountered, and the process of kayaking and snorkeling in a way that we were able to get the most out of our time there.

Although we went during what is normally described as the rainy season, there was plenty of sunshine the week we were there, and the rain we did experience was warm and a welcome break from the heat and sun. The shorter lines and smaller crowds than appear in the dry season were a nice plus!

We took plenty of sunscreen, broad rimmed hats, a waterproof camera, and Teva sandals. The sandals were great because when we took our snack break (on a beautiful secluded beach!) there were a few slippery rocks and we were glad to have sandals that had good treads, could get wet, and were secured well to our feet.

Definitely worth doing this excursion with Quepoa Expeditions!

Visited November 2012

New York, New York, United States
“Best Adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

We had a group of 6 girls in Costa Rica for a bachelorette party. We had our own raft with Scottie as our guide. He was professional and entertaining. We always felt safe, but felt adventerous at the same time. The rest under the waterfall was great. The food after was delicious - good local food!!! All in a perfect day!

Visited August 2012
Long Beach, California
“the most fun we had near manuel antonio”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

this was probably the most unexpectedly fun activity we did while staying near manuel antonio. my husband and i did an afternoon on the naranjo river near the end of green season last november. it ended up being just the two of us and the guides.

i loved the mini hike to where we got in the river during which our guide showed us some local herbs growing somewhat wild and even had us taste some mint, etc. our experience was further heightened because it was POURING during our walk.

rafting itself was definitely fun and exhilarating. i am small, unathletic, and out of shape (but in good health), and i was still able to hang decently (with the help of our guide who steered and paddled to make up for me). i've only rafted once in my life before in a very different type of river over 10 years ago but wasn't afraid because i felt we were in good hands. the guides were very young, fun, knowledgeable, and obviously very familiar with and comfortable with the river.

the photos on cd/dvd were reasonable and delivered to where we were staying by the time promised. definitely recommend getting them as we have some awesome photos from this trip!

Visited November 2011
Long Beach, CA
“Whitewater fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We did a whitewater tour with Quepoa. They picked us up from our hotel and took us to meet the group. We did the afternoon tour and it was just two people and the guides. It was a lot of fun and not too scary for it being our first time. The guys seemed on top of things, especially in the water where it matters the most. When we fell in to the water, they were there to help us out. It was such a fun time. The pictures were reasonably priced too. I would recommend them to any of my friends looking to do some whitewater rafting.

Visited November 2011
Corpus Christi, Texas
4 attraction reviews
“Awesome! Best adventure to do while in Costa Rica!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

This was by far the highlight of the trip! I had never gone whitewater rafting and I am looking forward to doing it again! Everything was awesome! Ride up, rafting, company, food, instructions, etc.! This group of guys are awesome and made the trip a memorable one. They are a smaller company, but give you the best experience. My favorite part was jumping off the waterfall during our snack break. When we came to a stop, I wished we could have kept going. I'm not going to lie, I was terrified after we got the safety instructions and so forth and was wondering what I was getting myself into, but it turned out awesome and we didn't flip over once! Our raft guide was amazing, experience and very knowledgeable. Hands down the best! Def book with these guys if you are going to go rafting, you won't regret it!

Visited May 2012