“Best Adventure” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Water sports
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Quepoa Expeditions is a smaller personalized whitewater river rafting company based out of Quepos, Costa Rica, just minutes from the world famous Manuel Antonio National Park and its spectacular beaches. We offer whitewater rafting on the Rio Savegre,and Rio Naranjo, including the Chorro. We also offer inflatable kayak tours in the dry season, and sea kayak/snorkeling tours.
New York, New York, United States
“Best Adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

We had a group of 6 girls in Costa Rica for a bachelorette party. We had our own raft with Scottie as our guide. He was professional and entertaining. We always felt safe, but felt adventerous at the same time. The rest under the waterfall was great. The food after was delicious - good local food!!! All in a perfect day!

Visited August 2012

Long Beach, California
“the most fun we had near manuel antonio”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

this was probably the most unexpectedly fun activity we did while staying near manuel antonio. my husband and i did an afternoon on the naranjo river near the end of green season last november. it ended up being just the two of us and the guides.

i loved the mini hike to where we got in the river during which our guide showed us some local herbs growing somewhat wild and even had us taste some mint, etc. our experience was further heightened because it was POURING during our walk.

rafting itself was definitely fun and exhilarating. i am small, unathletic, and out of shape (but in good health), and i was still able to hang decently (with the help of our guide who steered and paddled to make up for me). i've only rafted once in my life before in a very different type of river over 10 years ago but wasn't afraid because i felt we were in good hands. the guides were very young, fun, knowledgeable, and obviously very familiar with and comfortable with the river.

the photos on cd/dvd were reasonable and delivered to where we were staying by the time promised. definitely recommend getting them as we have some awesome photos from this trip!

Visited November 2011
Long Beach, CA
“Whitewater fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We did a whitewater tour with Quepoa. They picked us up from our hotel and took us to meet the group. We did the afternoon tour and it was just two people and the guides. It was a lot of fun and not too scary for it being our first time. The guys seemed on top of things, especially in the water where it matters the most. When we fell in to the water, they were there to help us out. It was such a fun time. The pictures were reasonably priced too. I would recommend them to any of my friends looking to do some whitewater rafting.

Visited November 2011
Corpus Christi, Texas
4 attraction reviews
“Awesome! Best adventure to do while in Costa Rica!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

This was by far the highlight of the trip! I had never gone whitewater rafting and I am looking forward to doing it again! Everything was awesome! Ride up, rafting, company, food, instructions, etc.! This group of guys are awesome and made the trip a memorable one. They are a smaller company, but give you the best experience. My favorite part was jumping off the waterfall during our snack break. When we came to a stop, I wished we could have kept going. I'm not going to lie, I was terrified after we got the safety instructions and so forth and was wondering what I was getting myself into, but it turned out awesome and we didn't flip over once! Our raft guide was amazing, experience and very knowledgeable. Hands down the best! Def book with these guys if you are going to go rafting, you won't regret it!

Visited May 2012
London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“Brilliant tour - recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I recently went on the white water raft down the Naranjo - it was a brilliant trip. I didnt know what to expect until I got there - i got a bit nervous but all for nothing - the emphasis on safety is incredibly high and I was able to place alot of trust in Ronnie and John. Both are very experienced and you could tell even though they do it daily they are not complacent. It was incredibly enjoyable going down although the rapids were calm after the first hour! What was particularly outstanding was on the way there they stopped to show us a rare spider and on the way back all the good and bad places pointed out to us. It was more than a rafting tour in the end and seriously enjoyable. U can book directly with these guys which i didnt do but its the same price as our hotel were charging ($65 i paid). I would be surprised if there is a better rafting experience in the area. Oh and last thing - alot of local people there said raft the Naranjo over the Savegre when there....hope this helps!

Visited September 2012