We're from Boston, New York and San Francisco. We've been coming to Manual Antonio for 15 years and seen a lot of changes. We've even stayed at the exclusive Makanda by the Sea (you must eat at Makanda, lunch is great and it's only a 7-10 minute walk down a quiet road). This place is a great find and a welcome addition to the area.
This building houses two one-story condos and one giant 3-story condo. We stayed in a one-story condo for 3 weeks. The place is brand new, full of high-quality fixtures like great plumbing and amazingly powerful fans in every room (even on the outside porch) and kitchen appliances, a good safe, lots of working plugs, pretty high-speed wifi, lots of wooden drawers and closets for storage, screens in lots of giant windows, a nice gas grill that we used a lot to have dinners on the outdoor wooden dining table overlooking Manuel Antonio park and the beach below.
The entire back of the condo is glass sliders with windows that open above them for ventilation. The sliders open out to a porch the full width of the unit with a jacuzzi (never used it), big deck, and quality wooden dining table with lots of chairs. The view off the deck is of the jungle below and then Manuel Antonio park and beach below that. It's a beautiful view of paradise.
The owner Laurent was always available to help us with cabs, local information, and friendly, real conversation. He's a wonderful man. The cleaning lady and maintenance man couldn't do enough for us but were very respectful of our privacy.
There was almost always a great breeze coming off of the ocean. The infinity pool is shared but never full since there's only 3 condos. It has views of Manual Antonio beach also. We're near the main road so you do hear some noise, but you also always hear birds and monkeys (both howler and cara blancas) in the nearby trees. And we're a 1-minute walk to the excellent Cafe Milagro and cabs, and a 5-minute walk to a well-stocked modern grocery store.
If you want to walk to the beach, it's a 15-minute walk down a winding dirt road through the jungle with only a few homes along it. You can even take a shortcut through a stunning jungle path complete with monkeys, hanging vines, and butterflies.
The kitchen is excellent, with a complete working stovetop and oven, a full-sized refrigerator, lots of plates, bowls, utensils, cutting board and all you need, including blender and toaster. We did lots of food shopping and cooking since we love to have food around and eat a lot after swimming and hiking a lot. The two bathrooms are very classy and modern.
The cleaning lady always brought us whatever new towels and such that we wanted, and washed our clothes for us overnight.
This place is the best.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Manuel-Antonio is situated in the most multi-million dollar estate (next door to the hotel Mariposa). This breathtaking complex is compromised of 3 A-C condos. Each condo has its own fully equiped kitchen, dining area and a confortable lounge. There are a 7 bedrooms condo with 5 bathrooms on 3 levels and 2 condos of 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Each 2B-R condo occupies one full floor with its own jacuzzi and a huge private terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Otel so you can book your Villa Manuel Antonio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Manuel Antonio Hotel Quepos
- Villa Manuel Antonio Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park