“Yoga Paradise” 5 of 5 stars

Manuel Antonio, Manuel Antonio National Park 60601 , Costa Rica   |
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
“Yoga Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

If you are looking for a calm and secure place to stay, in the middle of the natural park, surrounding by monkeys... stop your research : this is it !
24 friends and I went to Villa Manuel Antonio to relax, do yoga, enjoy the overwhelming view from the balcony, and eat in the amazing restaurants nearby. Everything was perfect ! I truly recommend this place for yoga fans, you'll love it !

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

62 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Laprairie, Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Thanks to Lorenzo and his wonderful hotel where I had so much fun! These condos are awesome and there's plenty of good restaurants near and good people to meet! I highly recommed this hotel it's awesome and I had a great time!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We highly recommend this villa for anyone.We traveled thousand miles through Costa Rica,spending each night in different place but only Lorenzo's house fulfilled our expectations.The house is very clean,modern style,quiet, surrounded by exotic flowers and fruit trees and with awesome view of Pacific Ocean.House is located in the heart of Manuel Antonio which is worth to travel to for great National Park,beautiful beaches,excellent food in every restaurant and organic local fruits and vegetables.Very friendly monkeys come to your terrace every morning around 8-9am but please don't feed them ,let them live their lives.Thank you Lorenzo for your hospitality,we definitely coming back soon.
Alex and Martin (Poland,USA)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco Bay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

I first stayed here in 2009 and I loved it then. I love it more now. Laurent, the owner, has been obviously been taking loving care of this place. He's a very hard working guy and it shows in the quality of workmanship he put into building this entire building and complex. And it shows in the upkeep and maintenance. It must be a ton of work to simply maintain a place in the middle of a tropical rainforest overlooking the ocean! The building is extremely well designed to create lots of air circulation and really open it up to the expansive ocean view and surrounding jungle. So much so that the top floors feel like tree house units only with luxury and comfort. And the design and construction throughout is high quality and great design. I love great architecture and modern design and Laurent has done very well here while keeping it warm and comfortable with wood and simple fabrics and elegant finishings on the many sliding doors and high windows. AND the ceilings throughout are very tall!

Laurent is clearly taking care of the place. It was very new when I first came but now it has seen some years and many guests. He is clearly doing lots of work to keep it looking new and fresh and clean. He's always running around takings care of things or coordinating helpers. And he's always been around to help, fix something, give extra towels, or just be a great neighbor. He even gave us a bowl of some chicken meal he had prepared. Just because he is a nice guy. And he is a good person, very real and direct and down to earth. It's like he is sharing his home with you, and you're a special guest.

So the place is great and Laurent is wonderful. The location is perfect if you like to be close to the beach and yet also close to good restaurants and transportation. The bus stop is steps from the gate as is Cafe Milagros, which I guess is quite popular though I am not a coffee drinker. A small grocery store is a short walk up the main road also. Or catch the bus or a cheap cab into the town of Quepos. I prefer closer to the ocean and a bit more secluded, and have stayed many times at the exclusive Makanda, but now Makanda has become much more pricey and you are much more isolated from the tourist amenities there. So it depends on what you like!

In the end, this place is excellent and super high quality for the money and the service is personal and excellent. The views are outstanding, the accommodations modern and very comfortable, and monkeys go by many times a day on the balcony and nearby trees. One even picked up my bathing suit while passing by and dropped it below once he realized it was nothing he (she?) wanted.

Call Laurent and talk to him. He will give you a good deal since he's a friendly but professional businessman. I like him.
Tom living pura vida in Costa Rica

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Jaco, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

This was my second time staying at Laurent's villa in Manuel Antonio. The villa is situated on the side of a mountain overlooking the beaches and national park of Manuel Antonio. You can see Cathedral Point from the balcony, so needless to say the view is incredible. And in my mind, this alone is well worth the price of admission. Not to mention the cleanliness and design of the villas. Very spacious and modern, with full kitchen and amenities. There are squirrel and white capuchin monkeys that use the villa as safe passage on their trek through the rain forest, so it is not uncommon to see troops of 30 climb along the edges of the balcony while you're sitting outside. Lastly, the owner of the complex Laurent, is extremely helpful and accommodating, and very approachable. He is Canadian after all. I highly recommend this place to anyone, it is very safe and run by someone who cares about the quality of your experience.

Room Tip: all good rooms.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

My two friends and I stayed at Lorenza's place this past weekend and it was truly amazing. The villa is absolutely beautiful and the rooms are filled with light and fresh air! The entire villa was also extremely clean and we saw monkeys and sloths on a daily basis! What makes this villa even better is the owner, Lorenzo! He will do anything he can to make you feel right at home. The pool also overlooks the beach and the view is stunning- my friends and I didn't even go to the beach because of how perfect the villa was. Stay here and you won't regret it :)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed on the 2nd floor with our 10 year old son. We couldn't have picked a better place! Most of the reviews say it all. My husband, who I usually can't get away from the computer, was almost always found outside, swinging in the hammock enjoying the breeze and the squirrel monkeys that would run past almost every day around 8am.

Lorenzo (the owner) was charming and helpful without being the least bit intrusive. He recommended and arrnaged numerous tours. I would agree that blue couches are not for lounging on, but all of us would be on the porch, in the pool or taking a siesta in the air conditioned bedrooms when it was time to relax.

We were the only guests besides Lorenzo staying above us. It truly was like having our own piece of paradise. The condo was nicely decorated, and had the amenities we needed. It did get quite hot without a/c, but again, we went outside or used the air conditioners in the bedrooms. The internet wasn't bad either, one day my son watched a movie thru Amazon when he was tired. I think it may have stopped once or twice, but other than that, it played just fine. We never even turned on the TV, so I can't comment on that. We did bring our IPOD's and portable speakers, but mostly listened to the birds and monkeys.

We are already contemplating returning next year. We were so content, I don't think we would try another place (there are numerous around) knowing how much we enjoyed the house and location.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Villa Manuel Antonio? Share your experiences!