The Falls is one of those places you might not notice as you pass down the street. But once you enter, you'll be glad you did. Its one of those places that truly accomplishes comfortable luxury.
The room groupings are spaced out well to increase a feeling of solitude. Our room was generously sized for a "standard room" with a patio, hammock, large shower, tv/dvd, queen bed, safe, and our favorite item - a dehumidifier! That dehumidifier was a great perk that our other resort did not offer. It was really helpful considering all our rain soaked clothes from hikes during our stay in Arenal. The furnishings in the room were well chosen to really give a sense of luxury. Definitely a nice touch.
The grounds are comprised of a beautiful jungle garden where a number of animals and birds may visit. Sitting at our room's patio felt peaceful and secluded from the developed road outside which leads to Manuel Antonio. There is a little walkway that connects all the rooms while meandering through the garden. A central feature is a series of waterfalls - although they were not operating when we were there. The hotel booklet indicated that they are scheduled for renovation soon.
One of the best perks is the restaurant. We would have eaten there every night had we not wanted to get out and explore the area. In my opinion, it was the best food in the area. Granted, we didn't visit the most expensive restaurants. The chef can often be seen on the dining floor. If you see him, be sure to ask about his favorite dishes. The menu rotates often, so he has many off menu items and can usually make any recent special for a custom order. At night, the surrounding jungle and table appointments make for a rather intimate setting.
The Falls is located within close walking distance of anything you need - even Manuel Antonio. You can also take a bus for 50 cents each way. There is a bus stop just out front. We chose to walk to the beach/park then take the bus back to save energy walking up the hill. Otherwise, we walked to all the restaurants and shopping we visited. Transportation will likely be needed for nearby excursions, but some include it.
Service was very helpful and friendly as the Costa Rican culture seems to be. They were happy to help with recommendations for restaurants, activities, transportation, reservations, etc. The smaller size of the resort means you may get to know the names of the staff or other guests if you want. You may even see an owner as they seem to be often around and very involved.
There's a high level of attention to detail throughout this resort. Its definitely a place we would go return to and recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Falls Resort at Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica is an amazingly beautiful and tranquil garden and waterfall setting within walking distance of this famous little town's best restaurants and gorgeous beaches. White faced capuchins, sloths, toucans, and the endangered mono titi monkeys frequent the trees overhead, while blue iridescent morpho butterflies and hummingbirds bustle about the garden. Whether you are seeking an adventure of a lifetime or just want to relax in one of the most beautiful places on earth, the Falls Resort may be the perfect place for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Despegar.com and Otel so you can book your Falls Resort at Manuel Antonio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Falls Resort At Manuel Antonio Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Falls Hotel At Manuel Antonio
- Falls Resort At Manuel Antonio Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park