It is impossible that so many people found this resort very good. We have been to 5 other resorts in this country and there is no way this even comes close to a very good hotel. These are just people that have not been anywhere else or just dont want to say they had a crappy stay just to look good in front of their friends and family.
Not all staff was friendly. The breakfast buffet was ok. Not much variety. The noise from the A/C compressors and motor for the newly upgraded waterfall was so annoying and not relaxing at all.
The showers had no pressure. We stayed in room 4 at the end of the resort. Where there was the most noise from the hotel next door, the fridge compressor dying out and fan ticking all night. We had no wifi. Thank god for the T.V. We couldnt use the hammock because it was only for 1 person.
The restaurant was way too expensive, there was hardly anyone there and why would you go when you have two decent restaurants across the street with awesome views and decent food.
The most disapointing was the hospitality of hotel managment. We had problems with the shower which we asked to be fixed. It was temporarily fixed by giving us a little trick to turning it on. We had to use a trick! which practically never worked and heat regulation took at least 5 minutes to get comfortable. You would think you would be offered an upgrade to another room. No wait. There is no upgrade. All rooms are the same. Not only that. After waiting patiently for some kind of act to make us happy for the inconveniance we had to pay for the stupid postcards that were 75 cents each. Unbelievable.
Do not stay here. This a kickback hotel that trip organizers get paid for to recommend people. The price is too expensive. We heard people that were in a private hostel room for 15$ a night bragging about their view comparing this hotel!! Tripadvisor was very misleading on this one. We met other couples that were disapointed as well.
It is unfortunate for the few staff that were nice to be working at a hotel receiving such a bad rating.
Either than that. The pacific coast is infested with hustlers trying to sell you everything. Some surf junkies charging you too much for a lesson. Souvenir shops ripping you off. Gay guys being hired to sell you stuff for a commission. Which we saw get into a fender bender which was pretty funny. Do not walk down to the beach. Risk of getting runned over!
We took a trimaran sunset sails. It was a scam because we were told it was an all day cruise but actually had a morning and afternoon tour. They say it is a half day tour but when they pick you up at 8, pick everyone else up and get to the boat it 9:15. You cruise along tr coast which is very nice. If your lucky youll get to see some whale or dolphin fins and maybe the head of a turtle. The snorkeling was boring. There was two types of fish. We were back by 12.
Pacific has become americanized. The locals understand now how to make money off people. If you want to relax go to the carribean where everyone is relaxed! The beaches are gorgeous and more private and the food is the best!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Falls Resort at Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica is an amazingly beautiful and tranquil garden and waterfall setting within walking distance of this famous little town's best restaurants and gorgeous beaches. White faced capuchins, sloths, toucans, and the endangered mono titi monkeys frequent the trees overhead, while blue iridescent morpho butterflies and hummingbirds bustle about the garden. Whether you are seeking an adventure of a lifetime or just want to relax in one of the most beautiful places on earth, the Falls Resort may be the perfect place for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Otel, Venere and Priceline so you can book your Falls Resort at Manuel Antonio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Falls Resort At Manuel Antonio Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Falls Hotel At Manuel Antonio
- Falls Resort At Manuel Antonio Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park