We had the opportunity to stay here on our first vacation to CR. The place is a little hard to get to via driving from San Jose Airport, BUT thats no their fault. We took the scenic route and arrived at the Falls hotel at about 6pm at night.
The staff checked us in quickly and seamlessly and we had room number 10. The rooms here are great, AC, flat panel TV, bar, a nice bathroom with Bath and Body Works soap. The TV was an Insignia brand which immediately clued me in that the owner of designer of the hotel was an American. The bed had a great towel figurine along with flower petals along with a mosquito net. There was also a nice closet with ample space, a safe deposit box and a couch.
Upon checking in we had a small dinner at the restaraunt that night. The food there was good but the dessert was really good. I love Creme Brulee, and the one they make there is made with brown sugar and is really good (I had it 3 times) The bartenders here are very friendly and speak great English. We met Ramez and he was a really nice guy. He had great recommendations (KopiKopi for dinner), and like to conversate with us each night when we came back from our activities which made it nice. We also scheduled different activities through the front office which included Zip-lining/canopy tour, and a guided tour through Manuel Antonio Park.
The location of this hotel is nice, yes it takes a while to get to since its up near the Avion (the plane restaraunt) and the El Gato Negro (another restaraunt), but it has a nice view and the rooms are very isolated and quiet. The garden is quite nice and you have the possibility of seeing Birds, a resident Agouti, a huge resident Jesus Christ Lizard (and smaller ones), Frogs, Toads, more lizards, Orb Spiders, and the best of all Capuchin Monkeys.
The best experience here was probably seeing a group of about 15 monkeys come through the hotel while we were relaxing at the pool. They hung around for about 30 minutes before moving on through the jungle.
We also ended up meeting the owner of this place who had made one his business trips to check in on the hotel. He was very nice (forgot his name) but he originates from Denver. He checked in and asked us if everything was good at the hotel. I would not hesitate to stay at this place, just because the staff was very friendly, the location was nice and the amenities were great. We even got a credit of $50 towards our food bar which helped out a little bit. I booked directly through their website for this offer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Falls Resort at Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica is an amazingly beautiful and tranquil garden and waterfall setting within walking distance of this famous little town's best restaurants and gorgeous beaches. White faced capuchins, sloths, toucans, and the endangered mono titi monkeys frequent the trees overhead, while blue iridescent morpho butterflies and hummingbirds bustle about the garden. Whether you are seeking an adventure of a lifetime or just want to relax in one of the most beautiful places on earth, the Falls Resort may be the perfect place for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Falls Resort at Manuel Antonio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Falls Resort At Manuel Antonio Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Falls Hotel At Manuel Antonio
- Falls Resort At Manuel Antonio Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park