“Tight Space, Great Food” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Lake Bluff, Illinois
“Tight Space, Great Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We loved our meal here. The salad and soup were amazing and huge. We both had red snappper which was fabulous. The brownie with ice cream for dessert was super rich but yummy. View was great, but space a little tight. There was a huge party next to us and any time anyone had to get up from that table, my husband had to get up too and move his chair.It wasn't a deal breaker though and we genuinely enjoyed our meal. The kid behind us ordered a hamburger that had to be the largest burger I have ever seen in my life. It was so enormous I asked him if I could take a picture of it. It was our last meal before heading home and a great way to end the week.

Visited December 2012

83% Recommend
“Amazing Tuna!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here for dinner and were not disappointed. It was busy so we had to wait at the bar for a table which didn't take long.

I had Panko crusted tuna with wasabi and ginger which was quite simply the best plate of food I have had here in Costa Rica. My partner had grilled tuna which he loved. Calamari with olives for starters was shared as the portions are generous.

The seafood here is fresh and cooked in the kitchen which is open to the restaurant. There is a great atmosphere in the evening and we did try to return another evening but the place was closed. I would definitely recommend a visit.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, BC
“Good food and diligent service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I came for a bite around 7pm and the place was filled, but the waiter attended to me right away. I had a salad, well prepared with lots of dressing. The sun had set so I didn't get to enjoy the view, but the bar itself has a pretty nice atmosphere, thanks in part to the open kitchen. Good place.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dallas
“Great food - spotty service...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

The plantain tower was outstanding. I highly recommend it. My husband loved his panko crusted tuna - he got one of the last pieces of the night, so come early if you want tuna. I enjoyed my Costa Rican snapper with green papaya. It came with a wonderful citrus sauce. The coconut crusted fish came with a pineapple slaw that was mostly cucumber - not a favorite and definitely unexpected. It lacked flavor and was a disappointment - don't order it. The kitchen staff was very nice and helpful, but our waiter seemed to disappear several times and we sat for long periods with empty glasses.

Visited January 2013
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Great Hamburger”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stopped in for a burger after touring Manual Antonio park. The restaurant has a fantastic view and great atmosphere and was perfect for a quick bite before heading to the beach.

Visited January 2013