“Nice hotel in perfect location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Prats Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Manuel Antonio National Park
Villa Prats Hotel
You added Villa Prats Hotel to your Saves list
10 metros de entrada manuel ant. nat park, Manuel Antonio National Park, Costa Rica   |
sweden
“Nice hotel in perfect location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We had a familyroom for 4, with a kitchenette that worked well for cooking breakfast and a simple lunch. There was plenty of space in the room and two balconies two sit on. The room, and the hotel,was very clean and we felt very safe here. There is a small pool that we didn´t use so much as the beach is so close by. The family who owns the hotel are really nice. We spent New years eve here and there was fireworks down on the beach. Restaurants and National park entrance is just around the corner so the location couldn´t be better!

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Leesport, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We (six guys) rented 3 rooms the end of Jan/early Feb. The rooms were clean, shower worked well and the air conditioning was superb. Very cozy hotel with 8 rooms. The help were amazingly helpful from getting us some beer, giving us directions,letting us use their safe deposit box and using their shower upon leaving late in the day on our last day. Juan was so friendly and helpful through out our stay. His english was remarkable. Causeway was most helpful also. Their breakfast was well worth the $5.00 each morning. THe hotel is very close to the beach and entrance to the park just as we wanted. You can't go wrong choosing their hotel to stay and the price is very reasonable.
Phil J. New Jersey

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We travel on a bare bones budget and have had wonderful experiences at the value priced accommodations we have stayed at all over the world. This was not one of those places. The location is convenient to the park but that is the only good thing about it. We did not feel safe, the room was not clean, the overall property seemed to be in a general state of disrepair and the service was basically non existent. Breakfast was included if you were willing to wait an hour to see if anyone showed up to cook it. Parking was very tough given the extremely small area to navigate. Parked the car when we arrived and did not move it again until we left. Really was not convenient to any restaurants or anything else other then the park. Would definately stay somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Rather uninviting from outside - looks tatty and is sited on a gravel track. Big room, clean, hot water and A/C. Room rather in need of decoration. No breakfast as the cook 'didn't turn up'. Strong smell of sewers pervades the area. Convenient for the National Park.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

This hotel is perfect if you are looking for clean, affordable lodging steps away from Manuel Antonio. The rooms are clean and they give you two towels-one for the beach and one for the shower. The staff was very kind and bilingual and the Wi-Fi signal is excellent. I 100% recommend this hotel!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Ontario, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I honestly hate complaining. I have stayed at many places including hostels in Africa so I can handle basic accommodations. Even accommodations that are not 100% clean doesn't bother me. Having said that, the room we rented in November 2012, was disgusting. I understand that this place is cheap and you get what you pay for, but it was truly filthy. I should have asked for my money back and left but we were tired when we arrived (after messing up our reservations to stay somewhere else) and chose instead to only stay one night. The bed linens were not clean and I instead slept on my jacket. We were very disappointed :(
To try to end on a positive note, the location is great and very close to the entrance of Manuel Antonio Park.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

I was really skeptical about staying at this hotel because a lot of glowing reviews came from people that have only reviewed this one property. I know some hotels get their friends to write them good reviews to bump their stats so I was a little on the fence. I dedided to try it anyway and I'm glad that I did because the price was right, the room was comfortable and the distance to the park entrance & the beach were wonderful. The service wasn't spectacular, not bad, just low key. Sometimes we'd stand at the front desk looking for some help and there would be no one around, then another guest told us that they lived upstairs and we needed to ring a bell by their door to get their help. It would have been nice to know this when we checked in. Sometimes we found that the language barrier was an issue, but that's partly our fault for not practicing our Espanol before going on our trip. At some point in our trip I lost my bank card and they let me into their house to use their phone to call my bank, which I found very helpful. The property was safe, some reviewer commented that it's down a sketchy back alley, but I would disagree about the sketchy part. Yes, it's just off the road, down an alley, but we didn't feel unsafe for one second. It was lit and you needed a key card to access the building. Manuel Antonio was probably our least favorite destination because the prices are so high and it's really touristy, but if you are coming here and you're on a budget, Villa Prats is a good option. Just don't expect a 5 star hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Villa Prats Hotel? Share your experiences!