“Awesome SUP lessons for 1st timers” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 10 attractions in Mal Pais
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Freedom Riding SUP Adventures was formed by Andy Seidensticker and his Costa Rican wife Edith. They started doing SUP lessons and tours four years ago, near the fishing village of Mal Pais, taking clients into the Cabo Blanco Reserve. The business has grown quickly in the last couple years, and has now branched into SUP rentals, clinics, and SUP tours around the Nicoya Peninsula. Contact Freedom Riding if you would like to schedule a class, tour or rental for your next vacation.
Saratoga Springs, New York, United States
“Awesome SUP lessons for 1st timers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

My husband and I had the best time learning with Andy! We were both a little nervous getting started but Andy took his time with us, teaching us the basics, which proved to be very helpful when we were out there. He was patient and took both of our abilities into consideration. He's obviously very enthusiastic about what he does because it shows when he teaches. We enjoyed his personality and our conversations as much as we enjoyed learning to SUP. He was kind enough to take some pictures with his go-pro and got them to us super fast - they were great to add to our Honeymoon in Costa Rica album. SUP was a great choice for us because it's something we can do at home, in upstate New York. I fell in love with the sport almost instantly and hope to get back on a board this summer. Andy, THANK YOU!

Toronto
“Awesome way to end our trip...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Andy what more can we say... Great experience, something we will definitely take back to bermuda with us and get a board. Andy was the perfect person to show us how to paddle board and kept us feeling safe the whole time. You definitely need a lesson the first few time out to learn the current. Also what a great person to talk to as he has been in mal pais for a long time. It is a must do in Costa Rica, best way to see a country is from the water! Next goal..... Paddle board surfing!

Visited March 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
“A top priority for anyone in Mal Pais, Santa Teresa, or Montezuma”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

My boyfriend and I booked with Andy for SUP due to the great Tripadvisor reviews and we were so well taken care of and had a blast out in the water. Andy is a great instructor and took us out during sunset on the last day of our vacation. My boyfriend is a Coast Guard so he took to SUP very quickly but I don’t surf or do watersports and it was my first time on a board out in the ocean so getting me personally to stand and paddle was a feat for any instructor! However, Andy was so patient and encouraging the whole time and went as far as to physically hold my board steady to get me going. I think if he can get me to do it in one lesson, he can get you, your significant other, your children, and probably your dogs to do it too. This was a top excursion for us on our short vacation to Santa Teresa and I encourage anyone in the surrounding areas to make the drive down to Mal Pais and do SUP with Andy. He also teaches different advanced levels of SUP and surfing and the waves at Mal Pais are good for all skill sets. If you want a patient instructor to hold your hand when you’re exploring something new or be able to teach you new techniques and explain the theory behind them when you’re trying to advance, Andy’s your guy.

Tamarindo
4 attraction reviews
“Awesome place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

It's really great to have a place that specializes in SUP. Andy is extremely knowledgeable about both the area and the sport. He is professional and dedicated, and I highly recommend anyone wanting to SUP this area of Costa Rica to pop into the shop and meet Andy.

“Rented a board”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Andy isn't really into the short board renting business, but he totally accomodated me. He is full of knowledge and stoke... stop by for a visit and take a SUP tour with a person who is truly into what he does and has no ego or negative vibes.