“Service to tourists not so great...” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in Mal Pais
Cuisines: Pizza, Sandwiches, Delicatessen
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The best fresh baked cakes, bread, croisants, bagels and much, much more! Great lunches and dinners, coffees and refreshing drinks.
Eugene, Oregon, United States
“Service to tourists not so great...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

People love this place, hell, I love this place, but overall the service can be very poor. I don't know how many times I sat on the patio during my week long stay in Santa Teresa waiting in excess of 20 minutes to be served while new arriving locals received immediate attention. It is a turnoff. The food is good, a little Americanized for the area in my opinion, but the pastry and coffee are both excellent.

Visited May 2014

Costa Rica
“This place always makes my Santa Teresa vacation a better one”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Every time I come to Santa Teresa I eat 1-2 meals per day here, because I know it's hard to find a place as good as this one. I'ts healthy, fresh, they have great options for meat lovers or vegetarians, their bread is amazing and the desserts are to die for. The people who work there are very nice and they have pretty fast service. I just wish there was a Bakery near my home!

Visited July 2014
San Diego, California
“Going to miss this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Great bakery and breakfast with such a nice staff. Best croissant's I've ever had! Going to miss breakfasts here!

Visited June 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“EAT HEAR!!! Everything is DELICIOUS!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

I had the plain french toast it was great!!! The pastries were awesome. The coffee was also great. Get here early because the pastries go fast!!! EAT HERE!!!

Denver, Colorado
“Not to be missed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Though not traditional Costa Rican at all, you can't make a trip to Santa Teresa without stopping in here. Excellent pastries and breakfasts. Haven't tried lunch or dinner, but I'm sure they are fantastic as well.

PS - the A/C cranks in here!

Visited July 2014