“Nice atmosphere and steaks” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Argentinean, Barbecue, Grill
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Nice atmosphere and steaks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

My boyfriend and I went twice during our 2 weeks stay in Mal Pais. The chicken was a bit dry but the argentinian lomito was SO GOOD. We also loved the ceviche and the guacaumole. The suroundings is really romantic and is really worht a visit.

• Visited April 2013

San Jose, CA
“A little bit of Argentina in Costa Rica”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We first noticed Las Piedras as we were walking by and the grill was fired up by the side of the dusty road. The grill was covered with chicken and pork. Someone was throwing buckets of water into the street. The health-inspected restaurant-going-American that I am couldn't imagine eating at a place like that. However, fellow travelers we spoke to raved about the food. So, since I hadn't yet gotten sick, I figured I'd chance it. The evening ambience was convivial, made even more enjoyable by live music. My daughter and I ordered a 1/2 chicken with chimichurri sauce for the two of us. We got a side of garlic fries and salad. It was enough for us. But more than that, it was finger-lick in' good - and there were no ill effects, just delicious, happy memories. Lesson learned: sometimes it's OK to put my American notions aside and enjoy what's in front of me.

• Visited April 2013
Cuauhtémoc, Distrito Federal, Mexico
“Love this place! Everyone that has been in Malpais has eaten here for sure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Execellent grilled Fish, meat and chicken! I've been in Malpais 5 times already and always eat here at least once or twice in my stay. It's full of Young people and good vibes! Servings are big, prices great and food excellent! The owners are always there making The attention and service excellent! I highly recommend this place!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great atmosphere fantastic grill”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Large portions and friendly, fun service. Great for meat eaters though also tuna on the grill, and rice dishes with squid and seafood. Worth sitting by the grill and watching the chef in action!

Visited February 2013
“Super Delicious - but watch out for the seafood...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

This is the place to go to eat GRILLED chicken, fish or beef. It is f%#+*=!?$ delicious. They have a huge open fire wood grill that is just beyond amazing to have in the restaurant. We had three amazing meals here, always with the 1/4 chicken or tuna and various sides.

On our 4th night we had the Seafood Stew and all I have to tell you is that it will ruin you for 4 days. I vomited it up within the hour, my boyfriend a few hours later and we were serious ill for 4 full days of our vacation.

MAYBE this was a one time thing... Because the guys who work there are extra cool and courteous, the grilled means we had were so good we went there three nights in a row... A few other people in town said they got sick from seafood around the same time as us, and the woman who works at Nautilus Hotel said there was red tide there a few days prior... Who knows, but what we know is to pass on the seafood stew.

Sorry this review is gross, just don't want you to miss out on beach days because you're having waves of death cramps on your hotel bed... Like we did!

• 4 of 5 stars Food