This hotel has top reviews on TA for a reason! I chose it based on TA and when we got there, people we met at 4-star Ylang Ylang in Montezuma (a must-stay) had driven all over Malpais and Santa Teresa and came to the same conclusion - Ritmo Tropical is the best option and a great value! The rooms are basic but clean, have a nice front porch with table and chairs, and all look out onto the pool. It's a lovely setting unless you have loud people in the pool, which we did for one day. RT is run by an Italian/Tico family that takes impeccable care of the place.
We walked through some of the most expensive resorts on the beach in Sta T and were glad we didn't waste the money. Ritmo is not on the beach, but is a 2-minute walk from town and 3-5 minutes walk from the beach. You have the option of walking into town and hanging a left at the main intersection, or walking left from the hotel down the quiet street and then right down a path to a secluded beach.
After a couple dinners at Ritmo, we ventured out to explore other top-rated restaurants in the area. Mary's looked inviting but had no parking except on the poorly-lit street, and after one car crash in Sta. T we couldn't chance it. Beija Flor's restaurant has great reviews but when we went, the place was all dark, and even a walk down a dark path following the "Restaurant" arrow took us nowhere. Not a soul in sight. We went back to Ritmo Tropical and found it packed. Everyone knows it is fantastic.
If I could get the recipe for the pasta in curry cheese sauce with shrimp I'd be a millionaire. The ingredients sound all wrong together but the dish was beyond scrumptious. If they had brought a vat of it, I'd have eaten the entire thing. The pizzas and salads use all fresh and delicious ingredients, and everything is generously proportioned. For breakfast and lunch, the Bakery in Sta Teresa is highly recommended and a popular spot - real French pain de chocolat and other delicious breads and pastries, amazing smoothies, and a whole menu of interesting items. Almost all organic and local.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Feel the beat of the nature on one acre tropical gardens. The chant of colorful birds, the sound of the night wild-life and the constant waves of the Pacific Ocean. Let Ritmo Tropical be your host to make your holidays the best you ever had. Come enjoy Costa Rica with us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Hotel Ritmo Tropical reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritmo Tropical Hotel Mal Pais
- Hotel Ritmo Tropical Costa Rica/Mal Pais