As we pulled into Playa Teresa we stopped for a cold refreshment. Luckily we meet a couple who were staying at the Ritmo Tropical in Mal Pais and they highly recommended it. We were really lucky! What a beautiful place. The rooms were spotless. We had a poolside room that had a queen size bed and a bunk bed. The complex is set back from the road with nice landscaping all surrounding a large refreshing pool. The dust from the road is a real problem in this area. Because of the way this is situated, you had no dust or street noise. I can't say enough about the pool. It was very hot while we were here, so we really took advantage of the pool.
Unfortunately, the rooms did not have air conditioning. But the ceiling fan were the strongest I've ever seen. Each cabin has a nice porch with chairs. We sat out in the evening, drank some wine and enjoyed the evening breezes.
This was a very nice place to stay. A real value for the money and very quiet also. The shower was nice and hot. The room also had a room safe and there was a security guard in the parking lot at night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Feel the beat of the nature on one acre tropical gardens. The chant of colorful birds, the sound of the night wild-life and the constant waves of the Pacific Ocean. Let Ritmo Tropical be your host to make your holidays the best you ever had. Come enjoy Costa Rica with us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Hotel Ritmo Tropical reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritmo Tropical Hotel Mal Pais
- Hotel Ritmo Tropical Costa Rica/Mal Pais