The Bahai Encantada is well located (on the beach with 10 min walk to village centre). The property has security and is well maintained. The units are large and holding up very well considering the rental volume.
Jaco (pronounced 'hawko') is a great alternative to Tamarindo. Actually I highly recommend staying away from Tamarindo unles you can limit your stay to a few nights.
Jaco is a village along a sweeping bay with a wide beach and great sunsets. It has several hotels and rental condominiums along the water. Most have nice swimming pools. The village has several good restaurants (best for us was the Wahoo).
If you land at the San Jose International Airport there is now a very good highway to Jaco (about a 90 m,inute drive). If you have a rental car you can make some cool day trips out of Jaco:
1) 60 min south to Quepos and the Mannual Antonius Park
2)15 min north to Herradura (turn east at the intersection for great Zip Lining or turn west to Los Suenos Marina
3) 25 min north to the Crocodile Bridge
4) 2 hour north (30 min north of San Jose) to the La Paz waterfalls and game park (zoo)
5) 45 min north to Punta Arenas (a town who's day has past but also where the ferry goes to the Tambor area
- Also Known As:
- Daystar Bahia Encantada Hotel Jaco
- Daystar Bahia Encantada Hotel
- Daystar Bahia Encantada Costa Rica/Jaco
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bahia Encantada is an impressive resort-like community at the northern end of Jaco Beach, Costa Rica.Bahia Encantada offers incredible ocean views over a series of infinity pools from what is widely considered Jaco's most beautiful beachfront estate. Spacious 2 and 3-bedroom condos boast luxurious comforts and numerous terraces, including private rooftop terraces atop all penthouse suites. Bahia Encantada offers several floor plans for two- and three-bedroom condos, with two or three baths, and ranging in size from 1,200 to 1,800 square feet. A spacious three-bedroom unit comfortably sleeps six to seven people. All rental condominiums have fully equipped kitchens, wireless Internet access, in-unit laundry, balconies with great views, telephone service, cable programming, and large LCD televisions with DVD players. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Venere and Priceline so you can book your Daystar Bahia Encantada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.