I have read through the other reviews and the complaints are all true:
Can be noisy if people are partying on the beach.
Might see some unwanted lady visitors at night.
Bugs around the kitchen.
Not many activities for kids.
Pool bar closed during low season.
Guess what.....this is Jaco! I walked up and down the beach and the town several times and this is by far the nicest property on the beach. I was in the Penthouse #L3 and each room has a nice balcony, the main balcony is on the corner overlooking both the beach and the pool, and the rooftop terrace has a nice view of the entire beach. It was a little annoying to see bugs in the kitchen, but if you rinse all your dishes and throw them in the dishwasher you shouldn't have any problems. Having the full kitchen and washer/dryer are a HUGE plus. I saw someone complain that the penthouse didn't have tv's in every room, but we did, so perhaps this was a recent upgrade. There is security at both the front and back entrance at all times and they are very friendly. I prefer a place with a concierge available 24/7 but for the most part the security guards were able to help me when necessary. I had a problem with my thermostat and called the headquarters, someone was in my room fixing the problem within 5 minutes. There were a few families with kids enjoying the beautiful pool area (3 separate pools including a small one for kids), so I'm not sure what more people want for their kids. Yes there are a lot of hookers in Jaco....if you read the reviews, every hotel has mention of them, so if you don't like it, Jaco isn't the place for you...it is not the fault of the hotel. And yes, it's nice to have the pool bar going, but if it's closed, just grab a bottle and a mixer and make your own drinks (plenty of cups in your room and ice makers in the freezer)...you'll probably save a ton of money anyway. Clarita's next door is a convenient food/bar option and I didn't really have any problems walking into town. A couple times I got lazy and paid the $2 to take a cab...no big deal.
Overall this place is great and I will definitely stay there again. $175 a night for the penthouse overlooking the beach is very reasonable. My only (minor) complaint is that if the maid service is going to only come every other day, it would be nice if they did a little more than a "touch-up" which is to say they made my bed and made sure I had fresh toilet paper. I don't mind cleaning up after myself but it's nice to not have to tidy up and do the dishes while on vacation. If you can understand that any of the complaints apply to pretty much every place in Jaco, then you will definitely see that this is the nicest property overall.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bahia Encantada is an impressive resort-like community at the northern end of Jaco Beach, Costa Rica.Bahia Encantada offers incredible ocean views over a series of infinity pools from what is widely considered Jaco's most beautiful beachfront estate. Spacious 2 and 3-bedroom condos boast luxurious comforts and numerous terraces, including private rooftop terraces atop all penthouse suites. Bahia Encantada offers several floor plans for two- and three-bedroom condos, with two or three baths, and ranging in size from 1,200 to 1,800 square feet. A spacious three-bedroom unit comfortably sleeps six to seven people. All rental condominiums have fully equipped kitchens, wireless Internet access, in-unit laundry, balconies with great views, telephone service, cable programming, and large LCD televisions with DVD players. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, TripOnline SA, BookIt.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Bahia Encantada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Daystar Bahia Encantada Hotel Jaco
- Bahia Encantada Costa Rica/Jaco