“Great place! ” 5 of 5 stars

10m south of Bahia Azul on the beach, Jaco 61101, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #1 of 50 Specialty Lodging in Jaco
“Great place! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

I loved it here! Although I was here just for one night, this place has lots of potential.

My b day was yesterday and it was the same day as the check in. The swimming pool was great and the music made it even better.

I would say the location makes it a great hostel, about 10 min from Jacó downtown and 3 min away from the beach.

The architecture of the hostel it's quite interesting, you would never image this is a hostel but a hotel. When I got there I thought I was in the wrong place, but the friendly staff rest assured me that I was in the right place.

Talking about the staff, all of them are very friendly, whatever you need just let them know and they'll help you out, from the guard to the front desk clerk, you'll always receive advices and a great smile followed by a great personality and attitude.

I'm already thinking of coming back to this hostel, I stood at a $21 room which had A/C only a total of 5 beads on the room, each with a large locker where your stuff is save.

Thanks for making this an trip unforgettable experience, looking forward for the next visit!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Room2Board, Manager at Room2Board Hostel and Surf School, responded to this review, September 4, 2014
We're so glad we were able to make your stay with us an unforgettable one. We love reassuring and detailed reviews like this! So thank you, we appreciate it, and we hope to see you again some day! Cheers!

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Nice place if you want some comfort while backpacking! Enough shower with hot water! Rooms are great and absolutly clean! Would totally recommend it! 4 stars only because it is a bit, really not too much, out of the centre!
Go there and enjoy a fantastic time!

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
We're very happy you felt comfortable here while on your trip. It is certainly our goal to provide some comfort to travelers who have been on the road for extended periods of time. thanks for the review! travel safe!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

We went to this hostel twice and each time it was great ! The staff is awesome, the hostel is super clean and the food is really good . The best thing about this hostel is probably the pool and the location , it is 30 seconds walk from the beach. I would recommend this hostel without a doubt to everyone for sure .

• Stayed August 2014
We're very glad you enjoyed everything here enough to come back twice. Hopefully we don't have to wait too long for lucky number 3! Thanks for the review
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

If swimming pools, bars, massive projectors, kitchens, roof terraces with amazing views and clean rooms with about 4 plug sockets per person aren´t your thing then this place just isn´t for you!
I was tempted not to leave the hostel!

Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
You should have just stayed then!! Hopefully that means you'll come back sometime :)
thanks!
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

After traveling to Nicaragua last year on a surf trip, I wanted to return to Central America to experience the awesome pacific ocean. This year I decided to go down to Jaco, the surf capital of Costa Rica, to surf the beautiful waves there.

Room2board was by far the best hostel experience I've had to date. I stayed 10 days and would have loved to stay longer. I was in the $14 a night room which was miles better than the $10 a night room I stayed at during my trip to Nicaragua.

Looking back, I think three key things made the hostel such a great place to stay.

Staff: Very friendly staff that is always willing to help. They showed me the best spots to go surfing, suggested some great places for food, and frequently went out at night with us when they finished their shift.

Facility: It's brand new and exceptionally clean. Rooms were nice, beds were comfortable, and bathrooms were large. I felt safe leaving things in my room and each guest gets their own locker to store valuables. The pool is really nice and there is a big wall to project movies in the evening. The roof deck was great for relaxing, enjoying the view, and cooling down. The food was good and the bar had just what you wanted.

Guests: The people that were staying at the hostel were incredibly friendly. The atmosphere is inviting making it easy to talk with the other guests who come from every corner of the world. The hostel also hosts some great events to get their guests together such as a pool party with live DJ or a reggae night with food catering from a local restaurant.

Overall an amazing experience, and certainly the best place to stay while in Jaco.

Room Tip: The white mesh hammock on the top deck is THE spot for a strong wifi signal.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Thanks for the review!! All the good things that you have to say are very much appreciated. We are so thrilled to be getting such great people coming through the hostel, exactly the clients we want! So glad you enjoyed your stay, and thanks again for all the nice comments. We hope to see you again some day soon!
Seal Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Fun, clean, great staff, relaxing while a great place to party. Great beach view. The dinner time meal is delicious and a great time to meet people. Delicious banana pancake breakfast. Offers lots of great activities such as surfing, yoga, zip line, and nature hike.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thanks for the review, we are glad you had a good time partying and adventuring with us. Don't forget to come back again sometime!
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

in front of he beach... lovely people.... nice structure... very clean...nice treament... cool waves... they allowed me to celebrate my birthday there with no problems at all... I`m staying there from now on!!!

RECOMENDED.....!!!!!!

Room Tip: All of them..!!!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Thanks for the great review, we appreciate your business, and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Been to Room2Board Hostel and Surf School? Share your experiences!