“A Great Place to Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 49 Specialty Lodging in Jaco
Beacon, New York
“A Great Place to Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Staying at R2B was a great experience. It was very easy to meet other people and everyone was very welcoming, including the owner. Yoga classes are offered twice a day five days a week and the community dinners are held every once in a while. R2B was also one of the cleanest hostels I've ever stayed in and is located a few steps from the beach.

The only reason that I gave this 4 stars instead of 5 is because the hostel was very loud in the evening, so even after I went to bed, I could hear everyone down at the bar for several hours. For this reason, I think that this is probably a good place to go if you're a younger traveler seeking to party, but a more mature audience might want to look elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Room2Board, Manager at Room2Board Hostel and Surf School, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
We are super happy you enjoyed your experience with us here! We close the bar around 10-11:00pm so that those adventure seekers can still wake up early and surf with a good nights rest. Thanks for the review, we really appreciate your feedback :)

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

This is an awesome place to stay! I was traveling on my own and needed a place to stay my last night in the area, and a friend recommended R2B. The rooms were nice, I was given a towel & Sheet upon arriving. $20 key deposit, which I got back when leaving + $22 for a 4-bedroom. I am only giving 4 stars due to the fact that I requested a 4-room with A/C, but was not given that room after I checked in. I thought I would be fine without the A/C, but I honestly had trouble sleeping due to the heat and humidity. Also, the walls are super thin, so you could hear almost everything outside (party at the bar & pool). Besides that, the hostel was clean, there was an awesome pool (with a slide), a nice bar with cheap drinks and a lot of cool travelers to meet. Everyone is your friend in Jaco! If I could re-do it, I would choose a 8-person room since it is cheaper & everyone i met at the hostel was great. Highly recommend!

Room Tip: always pay the few extra bucks for A/C!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
We are very appreciative of the positive review! Thanks! There is in fact AC available in the four bed rooms upon request. It is at an additional cost though. And we understand that some people are trying to sleep at night, so we close the pool and the bar at 11:00pm. But otherwise, we are genuinely happy that you that a good stay! Come back and visit anytime :)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

So far this is the best hostel in Jaco, super clean, well organized and secure. The pool and common areas are really nice and the rooms are just great! The price is extremely affordable which makes it completely perfect. It's location is great, like 10 steps away from the beach. The restaurant is super nice and the social area from upstairs is so different it makes it unique. I would definitely go back to this place, the people who work there are super chill and nice.

• Stayed July 2014
Such a great review! Thanks for taking the time to write something positive about us, we are so glad the people coming through our hostel are appreciating everything so much. Its so great! Come back and visit sometime :)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Stayed here for three nights while travelling through costa rica and had a wonderful time. The hostel is very new and had the feel of a boutique hotel. That being said, it still has a great atmosphere facilitated by an amazing staff. The bar and pool area are awesome and great for all kinds of socializing. It was definitely a struggle to leave Room2Board and continue on with our travels.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Best hostel in Costa Rica is a lot to live up to! But we are so happy you think so!!!! We've been working hard to create a positive atmosphere all the time. We really appreciate your review, and we hope to see you again someday!
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

As a seasoned backpacker, I always opt for hostels - Room2Board was probably one of the best I've stayed in. Designed like a hotel, with an awesome pool and slide, large rooms, an equipped kitchen and beautiful clean bathrooms it was the touch of luxury I needed. And for me, being able to do sunset yoga on the roof was an absolute highlight of my trip to Costa Rica! It's a must-stay if you come to Jaco!

• Stayed July 2014
Thanks so much for your review! We're so glad you liked everything! Come back anytime :)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Room2Board is a really clean and modern accommodation. The price is what drew me in - perhaps the most fairly priced place to stay in Jaco. The rooms have individual lockers, so you can feel secure about storing your belongings in a shared dorm. They offer a number of activities, including $5 yoga sessions, one of which is offered at sunset on the roof - highly recommend it!
Room2Board is located right by the beach, and it's not a far walk into the main strip, where there are a ton of great places to eat.
I'd say that the only downfall is that there is no air conditioning offered; there are AC units installed, but only the ceiling fans were being put into use, so it was a bit difficult to fall asleep on the really warm nights. Also, the wifi that is offered was strongest in the common areas - I had little to no signal in the dorm.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Room2Board, Manager at Room2Board Hostel and Surf School, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Thanks for the review, we always enjoy when people notice the little details that we have put into this place. We do in fact offer air conditioning in dorms, as well as in privates, for an additional cost. So next time you'd like to stay with us, we can fill you in on all of our options here!
Thanks again
Columbus, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

When arrivinging in Jaco and finding old hostel closed that I have been staying at every year since 1993 depressing. Was directed by a ypung lady on a bike who was just off work from morning shift at RoomtoBoard. She called me a taxi. When I got to RoomtoBoard.. I thought Donald trump had gone into the Hostel world business. It was beautiful. But it wasn't Donald trump's prices.Back packers can pay so much.And this was right in line with what they pay. A beach bar 10ft from the pool. Full service clean kitcnen.for your use. All Hostels could use an extra fridge. There were fans are air what every you wanted. Clean rooms. Everyone nice and friendly.But best of all "the best waves jaco has right at your door. Check it out. They also serve Good food. And have a large screen for movie nights!!!!! Jaco city itselve is only 1 & 1/2 hours from SJO airport. From here you can see the rest of country. Enjoy!!

Room Tip: there all good. I like bottom floors
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Been to Room2Board Hostel and Surf School? Share your experiences!