“Super Special in Every Way” 5 of 5 stars

Aparthotel Vista Pacifico
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Apdo 108, Jaco 4023, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #2 of 44 Hotels in Jaco
Canada
“Super Special in Every Way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2009

We have visited Vista Pacifico every year since it opened. Jan and Greg love their property and want you to feel like it is your home way from home, too. They take great pride in welcoming you to the region and truly care about your comfort and you and/or your family having a stress-free experience.
The apartments and studios are very clean with excellent views and beautiful breezes. The grounds feature lush gardens, a lovely pool, a communal Rancho and the company of other interesting guests, if you so choose to join in on the many great, impromptu conversations.
If you want to come and go quietly, that's fine too. Jan and Greg will still do everything they can to make your stay memorable and pleasant.
There is nothing better in Jaco than going 'down' the hill to town to shop, go to the beach or take a tour and then come back up to a peaceful, pretty and special hideaway. If you are looking for a non-stop party, this is not the place for you. But if you want to kick back, enjoy the beauty around you and feel welcomed into a little piece of paradise in Jaco, look no further than Vista Pacifico.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Washington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2009

I came to Jaco Beach with a friend at the last minute... we had no idea what to do or where to go in Costa Rica. The owners, Jan and Greg, were not only friendly but provided countless recommendations of the "best" things to do in Jaco, Costa Rica and other spots nearby. We had a great time! Vista Pacifico is a treasure on Jaco Beach. Lovely bed and breakfast style accomodations made us feel as if we had our own private villa overlooking the beautiful mountains and ocean of Jaco. We were only able to stay for 4 days but I would go back in a minute. Very clean and it was nice NOT to be staying in a high-rise hotel... the accomodations and atmosphere added so much to the trip.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
Palm Springs, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2009

I have never stayed in Jaco before, but I can tell you that this has to be your best bet. I was fortunate enough to find it. I went with my partner and they are very welcoming. If you want to "party" this is probably not for you. It is relaxing and peaceful. We were only going to stay for one night and ended up staying for four nights. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2009

My girlfriend stayed here over new years in 2004/2005 and highly recommended the Vista Pacifico. As I am volunteering for a month in Puntarenas, I wanted to see other parts of Costa Rica. So I contacted Jan and Greg directly from their website. From the very first email they were very helpful about how to get to their aparthotel. From the moment I arrived I was greeted with friendliness and hospitality, not like the mega resorts where you are treated like a reservation number only. Not here!!!
I found Jan and Greg to be both hospitable and friendly. They sat with me for a bit and chatted about local things to do, see, and avoid. Greg spent nearly an hour explaining the trail on Miro's Mountain and Jan took me to the Maxi Bodego to pick-up some groceries... twice.
My room was perfect for a single traveler. It was very clean, and air-conditioned. I had a TV., a kitchenette with coffee maker and real Costa Rican coffee, a fridge, hot plate, pots, pans, plates, and all the utensils you could need. Nice shower with warm water. Lots of shelf space for my clothes. If there was anything i needed I asked and it was immediately taken care of.
The common patio area where most guests gathered for morning breakfast of fruits, coffee, juices, toast, and other baked goodies was inviting and everyone spent the time comparing their day plans. Again Greg and Jan were always nearby to suggest the best route or place to visit. They also have free WiFi in that area. In Cabina #9 you can also access the wi-fi.
The pool was so cool and refreshingly clean. I watched each morning as the pool guy came to clean it. The chamber girls do an excellent job of cleaning your room and providing your linens and towels. the one day they even cleaned my dirty dishes from the morning. I tipped them nicely as they work very hard all day and then home to their families to do it all over again.
Manual, The night security guy, only speaks Spanish, but somehow we managed to communicate. He pointed out the local Kikachoos in the trees and I taught him a different version of solitaire.
The location of Vista Pacifico is amazing. On the cliff and from any direction a beautiful view of either the mountains, Jaco beach, sunrise, and sunset. You can’t get this view staying anywhere at beach level. Also because of the positioning of the building all the room and the common area capture the slightest of cross winds.
I would recommend this place to anyone from single traveler to honeymooners to families. The atmosphere at Vista Pacifico is like you are visiting relatives (well, the ones you like). I look forward to my next trip back!!!
I can't say anything negative about Vista Pacifico or the owners; everything was perfect, from the price, accommodations, other guests, breakfast, pool, room, location and Service...especially the service warm and friendly.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

This Hotel was a GREAT place to stay. Small, extremely friendly Hotel, with a Fantastic view overlooking the Town of Jaco and the Pacific Ocean.
Small Hotel (9 rooms), Large rooms with Kitchen or Kitchenette. Everyone staying at the Hotel gets to know each other and your stay turns into a trip with your friends (friends that a week ago, you didn't know you had)
Jan and Greg, the owners of the Hotel, will go out of their way to make you "Feel at Home"!! They will help you with your trip, advising you of places to go, things to see, translating/finding things at the grocery store and even personally taking your foot on her knee to 'Doctor" a blister !!!! Ha, Ha, Ha

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
Ventura, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2009

There was nothing Jan and Greg didn't do for us. From the moment we got there, it was pure hospitality. We were greeted by Jan with a warming smile as she took us to our room. Beautiful hotel and beautiful landscaping. The view from our room was gorgeous. House cleaning was excellent. This was definitely worth the value.

We didn't have any concrete plans before arriving to CR but they were able to recommend a sleuth of activities and places to eat as well. Not only that, they booked everything for us with a discount. Talking about service....they were truly awesome! It flooded the first day we got there and our car got stuck in the river. In the pouring rain, Jan came and rescued us. We are forever grateful, esp to the people of the community who got together to help get the car out of the river.

The ride up the hill to the hotel can be a challenge but it was actually kinda fun. Town and the beach was only a 5 minute drive. Some places we enjoyed eating at were Demario's(local CR food) and Bubba's Fish Taco. My bf took surfing lesson with Walter's Surf Shop and had a lot of fun and got great tips from Earlie(instructor). We drove down to Manuel Antonio Park, which was about 1 1/2 hr away. Watching the sunset from Villa Caleta was an amazing recommendation. That was so breath taking.

Fruit, pastry, and juice were served every morning. The drive from San Jose was a nice drive...takes about 2 hrs. The driving took some getting used. You would see cars pass like 5 cars at a time but we never saw an accident.

One of my favorite thing we did was going to the grocery stores and buying the local pastries and fruit and sampling them all. :)

Thanks Jan and Greg!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Denver, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2009

My grad school friend and I decided to backpack around costa rica this summer and Jaco was our first stop on the way to popular surf spots. The town was disgusting with little charm. However, this gem of a hotel is situated at the top of a hill with stellar views. The owners and their dog were welcoming and knowledgeable about where to head for some great food. The pool is crystal clear and the rooms are clean with perfect views. I'd go back to Jaco just to stay at the vista pacifico!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Aparthotel Vista Pacifico? Share your experiences!