“The nicest Place to Stay, Owned and operated by the nicest people in Jaco” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aparthotel Vista Pacifico

Save Saved
You added Aparthotel Vista Pacifico to your Saves list
Aparthotel Vista Pacifico
Apdo 108, Jaco 4023, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #2 of 43 Hotels in Jaco
Canada
“The nicest Place to Stay, Owned and operated by the nicest people in Jaco”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2009

My girlfriend stayed here over new years in 2004/2005 and highly recommended the Vista Pacifico. As I am volunteering for a month in Puntarenas, I wanted to see other parts of Costa Rica. So I contacted Jan and Greg directly from their website. From the very first email they were very helpful about how to get to their aparthotel. From the moment I arrived I was greeted with friendliness and hospitality, not like the mega resorts where you are treated like a reservation number only. Not here!!!
I found Jan and Greg to be both hospitable and friendly. They sat with me for a bit and chatted about local things to do, see, and avoid. Greg spent nearly an hour explaining the trail on Miro's Mountain and Jan took me to the Maxi Bodego to pick-up some groceries... twice.
My room was perfect for a single traveler. It was very clean, and air-conditioned. I had a TV., a kitchenette with coffee maker and real Costa Rican coffee, a fridge, hot plate, pots, pans, plates, and all the utensils you could need. Nice shower with warm water. Lots of shelf space for my clothes. If there was anything i needed I asked and it was immediately taken care of.
The common patio area where most guests gathered for morning breakfast of fruits, coffee, juices, toast, and other baked goodies was inviting and everyone spent the time comparing their day plans. Again Greg and Jan were always nearby to suggest the best route or place to visit. They also have free WiFi in that area. In Cabina #9 you can also access the wi-fi.
The pool was so cool and refreshingly clean. I watched each morning as the pool guy came to clean it. The chamber girls do an excellent job of cleaning your room and providing your linens and towels. the one day they even cleaned my dirty dishes from the morning. I tipped them nicely as they work very hard all day and then home to their families to do it all over again.
Manual, The night security guy, only speaks Spanish, but somehow we managed to communicate. He pointed out the local Kikachoos in the trees and I taught him a different version of solitaire.
The location of Vista Pacifico is amazing. On the cliff and from any direction a beautiful view of either the mountains, Jaco beach, sunrise, and sunset. You can’t get this view staying anywhere at beach level. Also because of the positioning of the building all the room and the common area capture the slightest of cross winds.
I would recommend this place to anyone from single traveler to honeymooners to families. The atmosphere at Vista Pacifico is like you are visiting relatives (well, the ones you like). I look forward to my next trip back!!!
I can't say anything negative about Vista Pacifico or the owners; everything was perfect, from the price, accommodations, other guests, breakfast, pool, room, location and Service...especially the service warm and friendly.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

This Hotel was a GREAT place to stay. Small, extremely friendly Hotel, with a Fantastic view overlooking the Town of Jaco and the Pacific Ocean.
Small Hotel (9 rooms), Large rooms with Kitchen or Kitchenette. Everyone staying at the Hotel gets to know each other and your stay turns into a trip with your friends (friends that a week ago, you didn't know you had)
Jan and Greg, the owners of the Hotel, will go out of their way to make you "Feel at Home"!! They will help you with your trip, advising you of places to go, things to see, translating/finding things at the grocery store and even personally taking your foot on her knee to 'Doctor" a blister !!!! Ha, Ha, Ha

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
Ventura, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2009

There was nothing Jan and Greg didn't do for us. From the moment we got there, it was pure hospitality. We were greeted by Jan with a warming smile as she took us to our room. Beautiful hotel and beautiful landscaping. The view from our room was gorgeous. House cleaning was excellent. This was definitely worth the value.

We didn't have any concrete plans before arriving to CR but they were able to recommend a sleuth of activities and places to eat as well. Not only that, they booked everything for us with a discount. Talking about service....they were truly awesome! It flooded the first day we got there and our car got stuck in the river. In the pouring rain, Jan came and rescued us. We are forever grateful, esp to the people of the community who got together to help get the car out of the river.

The ride up the hill to the hotel can be a challenge but it was actually kinda fun. Town and the beach was only a 5 minute drive. Some places we enjoyed eating at were Demario's(local CR food) and Bubba's Fish Taco. My bf took surfing lesson with Walter's Surf Shop and had a lot of fun and got great tips from Earlie(instructor). We drove down to Manuel Antonio Park, which was about 1 1/2 hr away. Watching the sunset from Villa Caleta was an amazing recommendation. That was so breath taking.

Fruit, pastry, and juice were served every morning. The drive from San Jose was a nice drive...takes about 2 hrs. The driving took some getting used. You would see cars pass like 5 cars at a time but we never saw an accident.

One of my favorite thing we did was going to the grocery stores and buying the local pastries and fruit and sampling them all. :)

Thanks Jan and Greg!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Denver, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2009

My grad school friend and I decided to backpack around costa rica this summer and Jaco was our first stop on the way to popular surf spots. The town was disgusting with little charm. However, this gem of a hotel is situated at the top of a hill with stellar views. The owners and their dog were welcoming and knowledgeable about where to head for some great food. The pool is crystal clear and the rooms are clean with perfect views. I'd go back to Jaco just to stay at the vista pacifico!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
SE Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2009

The Vista Pacifico is a great place to relax in an area that has many attractions and activities. It is located on a small mountain just outside of the town of Jaco in Punteranas. Our hosts, Jan and Greg, were extremely accomodating, and had good advice on which activites to explore. They made themselves available for questions about the area, local restaurants, banks with ATMs, markets, and just about any other topic.
People are free to keep to themselves, or to join the others in a small area that has WiFi and that tended to be the general meeting place for hotel residents.
I wholehartedly recommend Vista Pacifico.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Cheltenham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2009

We have been travelling in Costa Rica for the past 3 weeks and have stayed in 6 different hotels....the Vista Pacifico was by far the best.

It's in a great location in the hills overlooking Jaco.The rooms are spotlessly clean and there is a really nice pool area to chill out.

However, the best thing about the hotel is the owners Jan and Greg, They were endlessly helpful recommending places to eat and things to do in the area. They also went the "extra mile" to help us plan our travels through Costa Rica.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
beccaflan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2009

My friend booked our room at the Vista Pacifico, and I couldn't have been happier with our stay! Jan and Greg were friendly and welcoming from the get-go, providing us with information on where to shop for food to stock our kitchenette. Every morning we ate breakfast in the rancho with the other guests (it was the low season, but Jan and Greg still provided juice, coffee, delicious fresh fruit and pastries), and Jan and Greg helped us plan our day, giving us tips on where to park, which restaurants and beaches to check out, etc. They also provided directions and maps to every place we planned to visit. We spent our last full day in Costa Rica lounging by the Vista Pacifico's pool, because my friend and I couldn't imagine staying at this beautiful hotel and not enjoying its amenities while we had the chance! The other guests were very friendly, and I think the environment Jan and Greg provided encouraged a lot of positive interaction among their guests. I would absolutely stay at Vista Pacifico again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Aparthotel Vista Pacifico? Share your experiences!