“Hospitable and Charming” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aparthotel Vista Pacifico

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jaco
Aparthotel Vista Pacifico
Save Saved
You added Aparthotel Vista Pacifico to your Saves list
Apdo 108, Jaco 4023, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #2 of 42 Hotels in Jaco
new york
“Hospitable and Charming”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

Jan and Greg could not have been nicer friendlier or more helpful. Beautiful hotel, built with a clear passion for the property. Sitting high over Jaco, immaculate tasteful rooms. Wifi worked great in room and by the pool. And last but not least was the company and entertaining tricks of Wonder dog Rubio.

Stayed February 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Swift Current, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for one night in Jan. We were put in an adjoining room #6. The people next door were noisy and every sound came through that adjoining door. In the afternoon, I told Julianna about the noise and she said they would not be noisy in the evening. Finally, well after 1am, they were quiet so we got a few hours of sleep. Julianna had the casita available but would not rent it to us for only one night so we suffered. Julianna is very nice, the breakfast was delicious but it is not quiet as advertised.

Stayed January 2014
janandgreg, Owner at Aparthotel Vista Pacifico, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Thank you for the kind words about our manger, Juliana, and our complimentary breakfast.

We are sorry that your stay with us was not as pleasant as it could have been due to the noise of the guests in the adjoining room. While we try our best to monitor and handle the behaviour of guests it is disappointing to us as well when people are inconsiderate in this way, particularly after we had spoken with your neighbours to try to avert a problem.

As we recall you had not reserved in advance and took our last room at the hotel. In January, when it is "summer vacation time" for Costa Ricans, Jacó is very busy and our hotel truly is one of the quietest locations in the entire town.

We hope that should you return to Jacó you will give us another chance to live up to our reputation of a quiet and tranquil family hotel and we will do our best to ensure you have a better night’s sleep.

the Vista Pacifico Management Team
Oshawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

This was my first trip to Costa Rica, travelling with my 13 year old son, and we stayed at Vista Pacifico for 11 days. It was an incredible experience right from the start and we are already talking about when we can go back! It was so hard to leave this gem and we miss it already. Juliana and James were so helpful is making our stay a great experience and made every aspect of our vacation a memorable one. They are wonderful hosts, always making you feel welcome and comfortable. They were very knowledgeable in helping to make the vacation and activities fun and exciting for my son and I. The room we stayed in was perfect, met all of our needs, and was always clean. The location was beautiful, quiet and picturesque with lovely gardens, pool and a tranquil atmosphere that was so relaxing and peaceful. The view from this little piece of paradise is spectacular and every morning, watching the sunrise from the balcony was a highlight, followed by a lovely continental breakfast and planning the day with the help of Juliana and James, or just relaxing by the pool. When we return to Costa Rica, we will definitely stay at Vista Pacifico again and would highly recommend it. You will not be disappointed. It was an incredible experience in every way and we have wonderful memories that will last a lifetime! Thank you!! Christina and Patrick

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
West Coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

I travel to Costa Rica for work and have stayed at Vista Pacifico twice, once for an extended period of time. I cannot say enough great things about this place. That being said, there are a couple of main things that make this place so great.

1. The owners are incredibly hospitable, warm, and knowledgeable. Juliana and James (and their young son Desi!) live on site and are usually the ones that are there (unless on a well deserved vacation). Juliana's parents are the owners and live just down the hill. All of them have shown me a great amount of kindness, and have helped me enormously in getting to know the area. They are always available and put a lot of work into making sure everyone who stays with them has an awesome, relaxing, enjoyable time. I'm continually impressed by their hospitality.

2. The location... is amazing! The hotel is set on a hill above Jaco overlooking the surrounding mountains and ocean. In the afternoon the breeze gently cools the property, which is a welcome relief from the stifling heat you'd find down in the middle of Jaco. The city of Jaco is full of amenities; dining, activities, bars ect. However, I found it a welcome relief to be outside of the bustle yet close enough to the action (I'm 26 and like to go out too, so that says something). If you don't have a car, expect to pay about 2 dollars to and fro into town. If you are particularly active, walking into town is pleasant, although it is a bit far and can be very hot. The return trip involves a climb up the hill, which isn't horrible but not for the faint of heart. Either way, I didn't find getting into town an inconvenience when I didn't have a car. The property is gorgeous. They maintain the gardens beautifully; it is seriously a very tranquil and peaceful place.

3. The value cannot be beaten. This place is affordable for all kinds of visitors. I stayed here with my boyfriend when he joined me after my work was finished and it was perfect and affordable for two people. I know that families will rent out two units or more, most of which come with a kitchen, and save a ton of money than if they'd stayed in a hotel without a kitchen. On top of the value, the rooms are very spacious and have great views. Each room (and I've stayed in a few) has tasteful decorations, hot water, and amenities geared towards all sorts of travelers. I've stayed the majority of my time in the long term bargain room, which is smaller than most, but was exactly what I was looking for while I was in country working. The owners built the hotel from the ground-up and have put a lot of energy into creating an inviting, affordable oasis. This isn't just an affordable place that is ok. It is an absolutely beautiful, welcoming, peaceful place that happens to be incredibly affordable.

I obviously like this place, but with reason. I travel a ton for work, and have traveled a lot around Costa Rica, and I have yet to find a more unique, affordable place. On top of the beauty and the price, Juliana and James are truly incredible hosts.

Can't wait to get back there!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

My fiance and I returned here in November and had another fantastic stay. The magic of the Costa Rican "Pura Vida" lifestyle reigns supreme at this little slice of paradise. Set atop a hill with a lovely breeze away from the bustle of town (but centrally located so that any activity is within reach), the Vista Pacifico has become one of my favorite places in the world. Juliana and James are gracious hosts who truly care about the well-being of their guests. They are constantly working to improve the hotel (although I think that it's perfect the way it is!), and all that they do is especially impressive since they have a (beautiful!) one-year-old son. I highly recommend this lovely locale for anyone looking for a respite from the rush of modern life. Take a break, get to Costa Rica, check out the Vista Pacifico, and breathe deeply. You'll never want to leave!

Room Tip: We stayed in #4 this time, which was bright and spacious!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

We stayed at Vista Pacifico this last week, seven of us in total, 3 adults and, 4 kids. We had rooms 3 and 4. Super clean, comfortable all the amenities required. As previous guests have commented it is a beautiful spot. The hosts are very friendly and chilled. We had a wonderful experience at Vista Pacifico - And we are already planning our next trip.

Scott

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Just returned from another wonderful two weeks at Vista Pacifico, Jaco. Loved cooking in my apartment/room, the friendly atmosphere, the amazing view and, of course, the fabulous weather.
Can't think of a more comfortable place to be in the sun. Also enjoyed Jaco's incredible beaches and wonderful restaurants and shops. Thank you again. I will be back. And, hey, warm empanadas are delivered to the gate by a friendly neighborhood vendor. Who could ask for more ?

Room Tip: Rooms range from rather typical hotel room to a complete apartment with terrace and multiple floors...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Been to Aparthotel Vista Pacifico? Share your experiences!