“Best place to stay in Jaco” 5 of 5 stars

Aparthotel Vista Pacifico
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Apdo 108, Jaco 4023, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #2 of 43 Hotels in Jaco
West Coast
“Best place to stay in Jaco”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

I travel to Costa Rica for work and have stayed at Vista Pacifico twice, once for an extended period of time. I cannot say enough great things about this place. That being said, there are a couple of main things that make this place so great.

1. The owners are incredibly hospitable, warm, and knowledgeable. Juliana and James (and their young son Desi!) live on site and are usually the ones that are there (unless on a well deserved vacation). Juliana's parents are the owners and live just down the hill. All of them have shown me a great amount of kindness, and have helped me enormously in getting to know the area. They are always available and put a lot of work into making sure everyone who stays with them has an awesome, relaxing, enjoyable time. I'm continually impressed by their hospitality.

2. The location... is amazing! The hotel is set on a hill above Jaco overlooking the surrounding mountains and ocean. In the afternoon the breeze gently cools the property, which is a welcome relief from the stifling heat you'd find down in the middle of Jaco. The city of Jaco is full of amenities; dining, activities, bars ect. However, I found it a welcome relief to be outside of the bustle yet close enough to the action (I'm 26 and like to go out too, so that says something). If you don't have a car, expect to pay about 2 dollars to and fro into town. If you are particularly active, walking into town is pleasant, although it is a bit far and can be very hot. The return trip involves a climb up the hill, which isn't horrible but not for the faint of heart. Either way, I didn't find getting into town an inconvenience when I didn't have a car. The property is gorgeous. They maintain the gardens beautifully; it is seriously a very tranquil and peaceful place.

3. The value cannot be beaten. This place is affordable for all kinds of visitors. I stayed here with my boyfriend when he joined me after my work was finished and it was perfect and affordable for two people. I know that families will rent out two units or more, most of which come with a kitchen, and save a ton of money than if they'd stayed in a hotel without a kitchen. On top of the value, the rooms are very spacious and have great views. Each room (and I've stayed in a few) has tasteful decorations, hot water, and amenities geared towards all sorts of travelers. I've stayed the majority of my time in the long term bargain room, which is smaller than most, but was exactly what I was looking for while I was in country working. The owners built the hotel from the ground-up and have put a lot of energy into creating an inviting, affordable oasis. This isn't just an affordable place that is ok. It is an absolutely beautiful, welcoming, peaceful place that happens to be incredibly affordable.

I obviously like this place, but with reason. I travel a ton for work, and have traveled a lot around Costa Rica, and I have yet to find a more unique, affordable place. On top of the beauty and the price, Juliana and James are truly incredible hosts.

Can't wait to get back there!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

My fiance and I returned here in November and had another fantastic stay. The magic of the Costa Rican "Pura Vida" lifestyle reigns supreme at this little slice of paradise. Set atop a hill with a lovely breeze away from the bustle of town (but centrally located so that any activity is within reach), the Vista Pacifico has become one of my favorite places in the world. Juliana and James are gracious hosts who truly care about the well-being of their guests. They are constantly working to improve the hotel (although I think that it's perfect the way it is!), and all that they do is especially impressive since they have a (beautiful!) one-year-old son. I highly recommend this lovely locale for anyone looking for a respite from the rush of modern life. Take a break, get to Costa Rica, check out the Vista Pacifico, and breathe deeply. You'll never want to leave!

Room Tip: We stayed in #4 this time, which was bright and spacious!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

We stayed at Vista Pacifico this last week, seven of us in total, 3 adults and, 4 kids. We had rooms 3 and 4. Super clean, comfortable all the amenities required. As previous guests have commented it is a beautiful spot. The hosts are very friendly and chilled. We had a wonderful experience at Vista Pacifico - And we are already planning our next trip.

Scott

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Just returned from another wonderful two weeks at Vista Pacifico, Jaco. Loved cooking in my apartment/room, the friendly atmosphere, the amazing view and, of course, the fabulous weather.
Can't think of a more comfortable place to be in the sun. Also enjoyed Jaco's incredible beaches and wonderful restaurants and shops. Thank you again. I will be back. And, hey, warm empanadas are delivered to the gate by a friendly neighborhood vendor. Who could ask for more ?

Room Tip: Rooms range from rather typical hotel room to a complete apartment with terrace and multiple floors...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

We just returned from a wonderful trip to Costa Rica and the stay at Vista Pacifico was one of the many highlights, James and Juliana are wonderful hosts and really went out of their way to make our stay wonderful. They are friendly, down to earth and extremely knowledgeable of the many activities and places in and around the area. The pool is a nice respite at the end of a long day and the provided breakfast hits the spot with some nice treats as well as healthy choices for all types. The best aspect of AVP is the peace and quiet brought by the surrounding areas. It's far enough outside of Jaco to get away from all of the noise and hustle and bustle, but also close enough for a nice dinner via a 5 minute ($4) taxi ride. Stay here for a real piece of Costa Rica's Pura Vida.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

We had a very special birthday party at this delightful, charming hotel in early November. The staff and accommodations were exceptional! The property is tranquil, well maintained and the gardens and pool are perfect for catching up on the New Yorker articles you never get to finish, with and a nice Gin & Tonic. The location is safe and quiet with spectacular views of the ocean and the valley. Bonus = there is a tucan who frequently visits.
Our hosts, Juliana and James, are relaxed, charming and unobtrusively attentive. They make you feel so welcome, and thoughtfully stocked the basics and wine for our arrival (just fill out the form on the website www.vistapacifico.com).
This visit was my second, and most certainly, not my last. One of Costa Rica's gems!
TK, Toronto.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

My 2 sisters and I stayed here for one week, Dec. 7th to 14th. We loved every minute of it. This little hotel is quiet and relaxing. Good for the soul if you lead a hectic paced life. Our units 6 & 7 were perfect. Juliana and James are the perfect hosts. From shopping for us before we arrived, arranging our car rental, organizing and reserving trips and restaurants for us, couldn't have asked for more. This hotel sits on top of hill and overlooks the town of Jaco. Jaco beach is great to walk on during the morning when it's quieter. Watching the surfers during the day was great fun too. Everything Julianna recommended for us was perfect. We even got brave enough to try zip lining. We can hardly wait to go back again some time in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for unit 7 as it has a great tower you can climb up to and have a great view of the area.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family