I travel to Costa Rica for work and have stayed at Vista Pacifico twice, once for an extended period of time. I cannot say enough great things about this place. That being said, there are a couple of main things that make this place so great.
1. The owners are incredibly hospitable, warm, and knowledgeable. Juliana and James (and their young son Desi!) live on site and are usually the ones that are there (unless on a well deserved vacation). Juliana's parents are the owners and live just down the hill. All of them have shown me a great amount of kindness, and have helped me enormously in getting to know the area. They are always available and put a lot of work into making sure everyone who stays with them has an awesome, relaxing, enjoyable time. I'm continually impressed by their hospitality.
2. The location... is amazing! The hotel is set on a hill above Jaco overlooking the surrounding mountains and ocean. In the afternoon the breeze gently cools the property, which is a welcome relief from the stifling heat you'd find down in the middle of Jaco. The city of Jaco is full of amenities; dining, activities, bars ect. However, I found it a welcome relief to be outside of the bustle yet close enough to the action (I'm 26 and like to go out too, so that says something). If you don't have a car, expect to pay about 2 dollars to and fro into town. If you are particularly active, walking into town is pleasant, although it is a bit far and can be very hot. The return trip involves a climb up the hill, which isn't horrible but not for the faint of heart. Either way, I didn't find getting into town an inconvenience when I didn't have a car. The property is gorgeous. They maintain the gardens beautifully; it is seriously a very tranquil and peaceful place.
3. The value cannot be beaten. This place is affordable for all kinds of visitors. I stayed here with my boyfriend when he joined me after my work was finished and it was perfect and affordable for two people. I know that families will rent out two units or more, most of which come with a kitchen, and save a ton of money than if they'd stayed in a hotel without a kitchen. On top of the value, the rooms are very spacious and have great views. Each room (and I've stayed in a few) has tasteful decorations, hot water, and amenities geared towards all sorts of travelers. I've stayed the majority of my time in the long term bargain room, which is smaller than most, but was exactly what I was looking for while I was in country working. The owners built the hotel from the ground-up and have put a lot of energy into creating an inviting, affordable oasis. This isn't just an affordable place that is ok. It is an absolutely beautiful, welcoming, peaceful place that happens to be incredibly affordable.
I obviously like this place, but with reason. I travel a ton for work, and have traveled a lot around Costa Rica, and I have yet to find a more unique, affordable place. On top of the beauty and the price, Juliana and James are truly incredible hosts.
Can't wait to get back there!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Aparthotel Vista Pacifico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Vista Pacifico Jaco
- Aparthotel Vista Pacifico Hotel Jaco
- Aparthotel Vista Pacifico Costa Rica/Jaco