“Awesome place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Apdo 108, Jaco 4023, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #2 of 43 Hotels in Jaco
“Awesome place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

My wife and I stayed here while visiting the Jaco area for 3 days. What a great place to stay. Beautiful views, gorgeous pool! Great breakfast of fresh fruit, pastries etc served every morning. It was great having a refrigerator and grill or stove to cook on. Our fridge was stocked with the items we had requested before arriving. A very short drive from the room into Jaco made it easy to enjoy the beach and nightlife and then return to a quiet room at night. If you are planning to visit Jaco stay here. You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
South Rockwood, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

My third visit to Jaco and third stay at Vista Pacifico, (the nights I stayed at other Jaco Hotels were a disaster - noisy and overpriced). Vista Pacifico is far enough from the city to abate the traffic noise and exhaust fumes, but only a $3 taxi to town. The ocean view from atop the hill is great and breezes make Vista Pacifico 10 degrees cooler than town.
I stayed for a week during the October 'rainy' season and saw no rain!
For my week stay during the January 'dry' season- it rained briefly every day- go figure. Caught some Mahi Mahi (bragging rights) and ate them off the grill at the hotel! Fresh fruit, coffee and buns every morning- plus a swimming pool. Don't even think of staying anywhere else in Jaco, you'll thank me for this advise...Michigan Bob

Room Tip: Get an A/C room if you're from the colder climes, but after two days you'll aclimate- and wo...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
London, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed for one week in a one-bedroom suite at the Hotel Vista Pacifico and had an amazing time! Our hosts were so friendly and helpful throughout our stay and helped us plan and book all our activities in and around Jaco. The views of Jaco from the hotel were stunning and we were only a very short (and inexpensive) taxi ride away from the downtown area. We loved how quiet and private it was at the hotel and we found the whole experience incredibly relaxing. We both agreed we were glad we didn't go with an all inclusive resort as we loved everything about the hotel and our hosts. Definitely worth visiting and staying with them!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

The hotel was exactly what we were looking for. We had a car so it was easy to get into town which took about 5min. It was so great chatting to other guests around the pool. From the mountain top it had a great view over the pacific. There is a communal barbecue area so we had a chilled barbecue one evening and everyone was out so we had the whole place to ourselves. If you looking to relax and totally unwind then this is the place for you. James and Julianna were great hosts.

• Stayed February 2012
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Excellent quarters provided by helpful kind and friendly hosts - they made sure the entire trip to Costa Rica was more fun and interesting with their help - forever grateful for this and look forward to a return trip to enjoy their hospitality yet again - best regards from Kentucky...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Vista Pacifico- a view of the Pacific. The hotel is a wonderful place for rest, relaxation and fun. Those who run it, James and Juliana, and who own it are terrific. You become part of what makes this a special place. The setting is lovely, the pool wonderful, the breakfast with fresh fruits, pastries and coffee is great. We liked it so much we extended our stay.
I chose it because of Trip Advisor reviews. My fellow reviewers were right. It's great!

PS James and Juliana are happy to tell you about places to visit and help with bookings. You often get a discount. Great service.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Raymond, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I booked my 2 week stay last summer with Juliana and just returned from 2 wonderful weeks at the Vista Pacifico ( December 27 - January 10 '13 ). I hated to leave. This gorgeous property is located on a hill high above the busy Jaco Beach area and is considerably cooler than the beach areas and I always found shade and a breeze poolside or in the ranchero area. It is so carefully landscaped and laid out that you always feel safe and comfortable outside and the guests are so friendly. I met so many nice travelers during my stay.

The lovely housekeepers are so thorough with their cleaning and they keep the rooms ( I had a 2 room apartment with a nice balcony ) and the walkway and pool areas so immaculate that you can eat off the ground. They also made beautiful bath and hand towel arrangements for me daily - decorated with small flowers from plants around my apartment - a really sweet touch.

I got spoiled every morning with a delicious array of fresh baked goodies, yogurt and granola ( made fresh by Juliana - this is not store bought ) and James makes up and lays out an array of fresh local fruits and freshly brewed coffee. He also makes up fresh fruit juices to die for. I believe this larger breakfast is offered in High Season and a smaller version is served other times of the year; however - James is so accommodating and sweet that he does his best to help you or get anything that you could possibly need.

Jan and Greg ( owners ) also are so helpful too and always gave me good tips and advice when they were there. Greg landscaped and hand built every square inch of this property over the years and the entire property is meticulously maintained. It amazed me every day how such a small handful of people could run such a place so smoothly and their pride in it shows. If you need anything - just ask and if they can do it ? They will. Try getting that in 95 % of the places you can stay at.

Health Benefits: I live in Maine and suffer from arthritis in my hands, back and feet and take a number of meds for the flair ups. I am here to tell you that after the first day in Jaco - I did not take one single 800MG Ibuprofen or any other med for the entire stay. There is something very healing about the air and humidity there ( which incidentally is not that nasty steam room humidity you find in the southern US states ). I was pain free the entire time which astounded me. I am re-thinking my retirement location plans...

If you are looking for a loud, noisy, wild - raucous place to stay ? The VP is not for you but they have plenty of those in Jaco Beach area. But VP is not a nursing home either and people enjoy having drinks and meeting new friends near the pool without being intrusive. I met a number of couples and local families visiting from San Jose area just to relax with their kids for the weekend. Everyone is respectful and friendly. my apartment had ceiling fans and A?C which I found myself using far less than I thought I would. My bed was extremely comfortable too. I slept like a rock every night and pain free too ! I rented a car ( call Freddy - the manager of Economy Rental car nearby ) - he gave me a great deal for 8 days. If you have Gold or Platinum Amex - you do not need the additional insurance and he gives you the waiver immediately ). The roads are newly paved so you can easily drive north or south easily and VP has free guest parking and also free WI FI too.

If there were a 6 star rating - I would give it to the Vista Pacifico and this wonderful family who own and run it. You could not ask for nicer people and I am going back next late December for 3 full weeks if they will have me !!! The VP is a true GEM. Mark Christian Defazio

Room Tip: I had a small apartment under the ranchero- but rooms and apartments are available in the Villa by...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to Aparthotel Vista Pacifico? Share your experiences!