“5 Stars are NOT enough !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aparthotel Vista Pacifico

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jaco
Aparthotel Vista Pacifico
Apdo 108, Jaco 4023, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #2 of 42 hotels in Jaco
Raymond, Maine
“5 Stars are NOT enough !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I booked my 2 week stay last summer with Juliana and just returned from 2 wonderful weeks at the Vista Pacifico ( December 27 - January 10 '13 ). I hated to leave. This gorgeous property is located on a hill high above the busy Jaco Beach area and is considerably cooler than the beach areas and I always found shade and a breeze poolside or in the ranchero area. It is so carefully landscaped and laid out that you always feel safe and comfortable outside and the guests are so friendly. I met so many nice travelers during my stay.

The lovely housekeepers are so thorough with their cleaning and they keep the rooms ( I had a 2 room apartment with a nice balcony ) and the walkway and pool areas so immaculate that you can eat off the ground. They also made beautiful bath and hand towel arrangements for me daily - decorated with small flowers from plants around my apartment - a really sweet touch.

I got spoiled every morning with a delicious array of fresh baked goodies, yogurt and granola ( made fresh by Juliana - this is not store bought ) and James makes up and lays out an array of fresh local fruits and freshly brewed coffee. He also makes up fresh fruit juices to die for. I believe this larger breakfast is offered in High Season and a smaller version is served other times of the year; however - James is so accommodating and sweet that he does his best to help you or get anything that you could possibly need.

Jan and Greg ( owners ) also are so helpful too and always gave me good tips and advice when they were there. Greg landscaped and hand built every square inch of this property over the years and the entire property is meticulously maintained. It amazed me every day how such a small handful of people could run such a place so smoothly and their pride in it shows. If you need anything - just ask and if they can do it ? They will. Try getting that in 95 % of the places you can stay at.

Health Benefits: I live in Maine and suffer from arthritis in my hands, back and feet and take a number of meds for the flair ups. I am here to tell you that after the first day in Jaco - I did not take one single 800MG Ibuprofen or any other med for the entire stay. There is something very healing about the air and humidity there ( which incidentally is not that nasty steam room humidity you find in the southern US states ). I was pain free the entire time which astounded me. I am re-thinking my retirement location plans...

If you are looking for a loud, noisy, wild - raucous place to stay ? The VP is not for you but they have plenty of those in Jaco Beach area. But VP is not a nursing home either and people enjoy having drinks and meeting new friends near the pool without being intrusive. I met a number of couples and local families visiting from San Jose area just to relax with their kids for the weekend. Everyone is respectful and friendly. my apartment had ceiling fans and A?C which I found myself using far less than I thought I would. My bed was extremely comfortable too. I slept like a rock every night and pain free too ! I rented a car ( call Freddy - the manager of Economy Rental car nearby ) - he gave me a great deal for 8 days. If you have Gold or Platinum Amex - you do not need the additional insurance and he gives you the waiver immediately ). The roads are newly paved so you can easily drive north or south easily and VP has free guest parking and also free WI FI too.

If there were a 6 star rating - I would give it to the Vista Pacifico and this wonderful family who own and run it. You could not ask for nicer people and I am going back next late December for 3 full weeks if they will have me !!! The VP is a true GEM. Mark Christian Defazio

Room Tip: I had a small apartment under the ranchero- but rooms and apartments are available in the Villa by...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

315 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

My couple and I visited Vista Pacifico this last Christmas and spent just a couple of days. The staff was wonderful with us, they were always looking if we needed anything. The place is just relaxing, out from the noisy Jaco, just what we were looking for! We would like to visit you soon!

• Stayed December 2012
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

every moment of our stay at vista pacifico was a delight. not only were our accommodations bright, spacious, and spotless, but juliana & james were super friendly, very knowledgeable, and always obliging. we were so happy with our choice to stay at vista pacifico because it was such a warm environment; being a family-run business, the staff makes you feel like you're right at home. but in this case, home happens to be a beautiful tropical paradise. we just wish our next trip there could be sooner! thank you, juliana & james! you're doing a great job.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

This place was one of the highlights of my recent trip to Costa Rica. The owners are very warm, hospitable and friendly. My first day there they offered me an upgrade and gave me maps and directions on how to move about Jaco and then to Quepos. The hotel is clean, surrounded by a beautiful garden area and pool. Also the fabulous views from my hotel balcony of the ocean and the valley were wonderful. Next time I come and visit I will stay here over and over again!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

From its top of the mountain site, the lovely Vista Pacifico AparHotel gives you views of both sunrise and sunset. That's my idea of paradise. The pool is perfect, the grounds are lush and gorgeous with the fragrant ulang ulang at night, the rooms are immaculate and large, and James and Juliana are so sweet and accommodating. I spent a happy two weeks there and will look forward to doing so again very soon. While it is easy to simply lounge around the hotel and spend time in busy little Jaco, next time I will ask them to book some of the great adventures offered in the area. I am not necessarily a surfer, as so many who are attracted to Jaco are, but there is lots to do beyond bungy jumping and horseback riding on the beach..From the turtle release tour, to aerial tram ride, to buying food at the local market and cooking fully from my room. And there is every style of cuisine available in Jaco. Certainly not the sleepy little town I visited 16 years ago, and boy, am I glad I went back again.

Room Tip: Several configurations available. Check which is most advantageous for you. From family suites, to...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Tara, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This was our second trip to Costa Rica, and after our first visit to Vista Pacifico we would stay at none other. After 5 years the hospitality we received was even better than I remembered. Juliana booked us a rental car from the air port and had our fridge stocked with goodies. Jan fixed us up with great tours and was able to get us the best rates. The roads in Costa Rico are greatly improved since last visit but when I was having car problems. Jan & Greg showed me just where to go and get it fixed. Most days after a light breakfast of fresh fruit, yogart with granola, pastries and great coffee, we would head off on another adventure. Other days we would lounge by the pool and make ourselves brunch in our kitchenette. Our rooms and the public areas were always clean and tidy. Greg's gardens are spectacular and the veiw from the hotel is 360 degrees of beauty, from beach to mountains. With fresh breezes both day and night AC was unnessesary and we avoided the humidity of down town Jaco. All this and really affordable too. The only bad thing was having to say good bye and head home.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

My wife and I stayed at Vista Pacifico this past weekend for two nights. Vista Pacifico is kind of like Mary Poppins: "practically perfect in every way"! Keep in mind that the place is small and intimate - just nine rooms. We had one of the smaller ones, but it included a burner, microwave and refrigerator, so we ended up cooking dinner for ourselves both evenings.(A large supermarket is within walking distance.) The first evening we used the hotel's grill, which is available to everyone. The garden is gorgeous, as is the view of the valley, the ocean, and the sunset. Juliana and James are gracious and friendly, and just plain fun to hang out with. What was most impressive to Emily and me, however, was quality of the facilities. The owners paid careful attention to detail when the built the place ten years ago, and they continue to maintain the facility so that it looks immaculate. You simply don't find many hotels at this price that look anything like the Vista Pacifico. Oh, and we really enjoyed the pool - perfect temperature. The only disadvantage, if you want to call it that, because we considered it an advantage, is the distance from the main drag of Jacó. Emily and I walked to and from town a couple of times, but the trek up the hill on our way back was a bit challenging on the way back. However, the taxi ride is only about $5, a small price to pay for the peace and tranquility, not to mention the amazing view that we enjoyed at Vista Pacifico.

Room Tip: The rooms all have amazing views. If you are only a couple, the smaller rooms are all you need.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Aparthotel Vista Pacifico? Share your experiences!