“like being home!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 43 Hotels in Jaco
San Jose, Costa Rica
“like being home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

My couple and I visited Vista Pacifico this last Christmas and spent just a couple of days. The staff was wonderful with us, they were always looking if we needed anything. The place is just relaxing, out from the noisy Jaco, just what we were looking for! We would like to visit you soon!

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

every moment of our stay at vista pacifico was a delight. not only were our accommodations bright, spacious, and spotless, but juliana & james were super friendly, very knowledgeable, and always obliging. we were so happy with our choice to stay at vista pacifico because it was such a warm environment; being a family-run business, the staff makes you feel like you're right at home. but in this case, home happens to be a beautiful tropical paradise. we just wish our next trip there could be sooner! thank you, juliana & james! you're doing a great job.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

This place was one of the highlights of my recent trip to Costa Rica. The owners are very warm, hospitable and friendly. My first day there they offered me an upgrade and gave me maps and directions on how to move about Jaco and then to Quepos. The hotel is clean, surrounded by a beautiful garden area and pool. Also the fabulous views from my hotel balcony of the ocean and the valley were wonderful. Next time I come and visit I will stay here over and over again!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

From its top of the mountain site, the lovely Vista Pacifico AparHotel gives you views of both sunrise and sunset. That's my idea of paradise. The pool is perfect, the grounds are lush and gorgeous with the fragrant ulang ulang at night, the rooms are immaculate and large, and James and Juliana are so sweet and accommodating. I spent a happy two weeks there and will look forward to doing so again very soon. While it is easy to simply lounge around the hotel and spend time in busy little Jaco, next time I will ask them to book some of the great adventures offered in the area. I am not necessarily a surfer, as so many who are attracted to Jaco are, but there is lots to do beyond bungy jumping and horseback riding on the beach..From the turtle release tour, to aerial tram ride, to buying food at the local market and cooking fully from my room. And there is every style of cuisine available in Jaco. Certainly not the sleepy little town I visited 16 years ago, and boy, am I glad I went back again.

Room Tip: Several configurations available. Check which is most advantageous for you. From family suites, to...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Tara, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This was our second trip to Costa Rica, and after our first visit to Vista Pacifico we would stay at none other. After 5 years the hospitality we received was even better than I remembered. Juliana booked us a rental car from the air port and had our fridge stocked with goodies. Jan fixed us up with great tours and was able to get us the best rates. The roads in Costa Rico are greatly improved since last visit but when I was having car problems. Jan & Greg showed me just where to go and get it fixed. Most days after a light breakfast of fresh fruit, yogart with granola, pastries and great coffee, we would head off on another adventure. Other days we would lounge by the pool and make ourselves brunch in our kitchenette. Our rooms and the public areas were always clean and tidy. Greg's gardens are spectacular and the veiw from the hotel is 360 degrees of beauty, from beach to mountains. With fresh breezes both day and night AC was unnessesary and we avoided the humidity of down town Jaco. All this and really affordable too. The only bad thing was having to say good bye and head home.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

My wife and I stayed at Vista Pacifico this past weekend for two nights. Vista Pacifico is kind of like Mary Poppins: "practically perfect in every way"! Keep in mind that the place is small and intimate - just nine rooms. We had one of the smaller ones, but it included a burner, microwave and refrigerator, so we ended up cooking dinner for ourselves both evenings.(A large supermarket is within walking distance.) The first evening we used the hotel's grill, which is available to everyone. The garden is gorgeous, as is the view of the valley, the ocean, and the sunset. Juliana and James are gracious and friendly, and just plain fun to hang out with. What was most impressive to Emily and me, however, was quality of the facilities. The owners paid careful attention to detail when the built the place ten years ago, and they continue to maintain the facility so that it looks immaculate. You simply don't find many hotels at this price that look anything like the Vista Pacifico. Oh, and we really enjoyed the pool - perfect temperature. The only disadvantage, if you want to call it that, because we considered it an advantage, is the distance from the main drag of Jacó. Emily and I walked to and from town a couple of times, but the trek up the hill on our way back was a bit challenging on the way back. However, the taxi ride is only about $5, a small price to pay for the peace and tranquility, not to mention the amazing view that we enjoyed at Vista Pacifico.

Room Tip: The rooms all have amazing views. If you are only a couple, the smaller rooms are all you need.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Owen Sound
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Greg took time from his busy schedule to give us a tour of the gardens. Palm, banana, and avocado trees, citrus fruit trees and many other plants and flowers make this property an amazing Eden!
Julianna and James were gracious hosts, answering our queries about the area and Julianna also booked a wonderful evening of "turtle watching" for us. I can't say enough about this place. We can't wait to return.

Room Tip: The rooms with the towers are fun and get a good breeze; no air conditioning required.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple