“Wonderful Hotel Wonderful Owners” 4 of 5 stars

Aparthotel Vista Pacifico
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Apdo 108, Jaco 4023, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #2 of 43 Hotels in Jaco
Dallas, Texas
“Wonderful Hotel Wonderful Owners”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

This place was one of the highlights of my recent trip to Costa Rica. The owners are very warm, hospitable and friendly. My first day there they offered me an upgrade and gave me maps and directions on how to move about Jaco and then to Quepos. The hotel is clean, surrounded by a beautiful garden area and pool. Also the fabulous views from my hotel balcony of the ocean and the valley were wonderful. Next time I come and visit I will stay here over and over again!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

From its top of the mountain site, the lovely Vista Pacifico AparHotel gives you views of both sunrise and sunset. That's my idea of paradise. The pool is perfect, the grounds are lush and gorgeous with the fragrant ulang ulang at night, the rooms are immaculate and large, and James and Juliana are so sweet and accommodating. I spent a happy two weeks there and will look forward to doing so again very soon. While it is easy to simply lounge around the hotel and spend time in busy little Jaco, next time I will ask them to book some of the great adventures offered in the area. I am not necessarily a surfer, as so many who are attracted to Jaco are, but there is lots to do beyond bungy jumping and horseback riding on the beach..From the turtle release tour, to aerial tram ride, to buying food at the local market and cooking fully from my room. And there is every style of cuisine available in Jaco. Certainly not the sleepy little town I visited 16 years ago, and boy, am I glad I went back again.

Room Tip: Several configurations available. Check which is most advantageous for you. From family suites, to...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Tara, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This was our second trip to Costa Rica, and after our first visit to Vista Pacifico we would stay at none other. After 5 years the hospitality we received was even better than I remembered. Juliana booked us a rental car from the air port and had our fridge stocked with goodies. Jan fixed us up with great tours and was able to get us the best rates. The roads in Costa Rico are greatly improved since last visit but when I was having car problems. Jan & Greg showed me just where to go and get it fixed. Most days after a light breakfast of fresh fruit, yogart with granola, pastries and great coffee, we would head off on another adventure. Other days we would lounge by the pool and make ourselves brunch in our kitchenette. Our rooms and the public areas were always clean and tidy. Greg's gardens are spectacular and the veiw from the hotel is 360 degrees of beauty, from beach to mountains. With fresh breezes both day and night AC was unnessesary and we avoided the humidity of down town Jaco. All this and really affordable too. The only bad thing was having to say good bye and head home.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

My wife and I stayed at Vista Pacifico this past weekend for two nights. Vista Pacifico is kind of like Mary Poppins: "practically perfect in every way"! Keep in mind that the place is small and intimate - just nine rooms. We had one of the smaller ones, but it included a burner, microwave and refrigerator, so we ended up cooking dinner for ourselves both evenings.(A large supermarket is within walking distance.) The first evening we used the hotel's grill, which is available to everyone. The garden is gorgeous, as is the view of the valley, the ocean, and the sunset. Juliana and James are gracious and friendly, and just plain fun to hang out with. What was most impressive to Emily and me, however, was quality of the facilities. The owners paid careful attention to detail when the built the place ten years ago, and they continue to maintain the facility so that it looks immaculate. You simply don't find many hotels at this price that look anything like the Vista Pacifico. Oh, and we really enjoyed the pool - perfect temperature. The only disadvantage, if you want to call it that, because we considered it an advantage, is the distance from the main drag of Jacó. Emily and I walked to and from town a couple of times, but the trek up the hill on our way back was a bit challenging on the way back. However, the taxi ride is only about $5, a small price to pay for the peace and tranquility, not to mention the amazing view that we enjoyed at Vista Pacifico.

Room Tip: The rooms all have amazing views. If you are only a couple, the smaller rooms are all you need.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Owen Sound
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Greg took time from his busy schedule to give us a tour of the gardens. Palm, banana, and avocado trees, citrus fruit trees and many other plants and flowers make this property an amazing Eden!
Julianna and James were gracious hosts, answering our queries about the area and Julianna also booked a wonderful evening of "turtle watching" for us. I can't say enough about this place. We can't wait to return.

Room Tip: The rooms with the towers are fun and get a good breeze; no air conditioning required.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This is my second review of this property, for our second stay here. We returned in March, a year and a half after our first visit. The owners have moved down the hill and their daughter, Juliana, and her husband, James, now manage the hotel.

This is a beautiful place and an amazing bargin! Jan, Greg, Juliana, and James treat guests like close friends. Breakfast is fantastic, the rooms are clean, the pool is lovely, and after a few days you'll never want to leave!

The Vista Pacifico also happens to be in a wonderful location in magical Costa Rica. I can't wait to return in a few months!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This is a gem of a hotel. It's not just the facilities but the kindness of the family that runs it. Jan, Greg, Juliana, and James couldn't be more helpful with recommendations, assistance, tips, connections, bookings, directions, and just simple friendliness. The rooms are bright, clean, and cheerful. The views are great. Breakfast is delicious. The pool is a God-send in the humidity. Don't be put off by the rough road going up to the hotel. It's the kind of place you can just hang out on the beautiful grounds for part of a day or you can use as a base for visiting Jaco, beaches, and national parks. I thought the fact that some rooms don't have air conditioning was going to be a problem, but it really wasn't, with the ceiling and floor fans and double doors open to the ocean breeze.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Aparthotel Vista Pacifico? Share your experiences!