“Perfect every time!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aparthotel Vista Pacifico

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jaco
Aparthotel Vista Pacifico
Apdo 108, Jaco 4023, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #2 of 42 hotels in Jaco
“Perfect every time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This is my second review of this property, for our second stay here. We returned in March, a year and a half after our first visit. The owners have moved down the hill and their daughter, Juliana, and her husband, James, now manage the hotel.

This is a beautiful place and an amazing bargin! Jan, Greg, Juliana, and James treat guests like close friends. Breakfast is fantastic, the rooms are clean, the pool is lovely, and after a few days you'll never want to leave!

The Vista Pacifico also happens to be in a wonderful location in magical Costa Rica. I can't wait to return in a few months!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

315 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This is a gem of a hotel. It's not just the facilities but the kindness of the family that runs it. Jan, Greg, Juliana, and James couldn't be more helpful with recommendations, assistance, tips, connections, bookings, directions, and just simple friendliness. The rooms are bright, clean, and cheerful. The views are great. Breakfast is delicious. The pool is a God-send in the humidity. Don't be put off by the rough road going up to the hotel. It's the kind of place you can just hang out on the beautiful grounds for part of a day or you can use as a base for visiting Jaco, beaches, and national parks. I thought the fact that some rooms don't have air conditioning was going to be a problem, but it really wasn't, with the ceiling and floor fans and double doors open to the ocean breeze.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

From the moment you arrive at the gate there's a sense of privacy as Vista Pacifico sits on the highest hill in Jaco. You are greeted by the friendliest people who make you feel right at home. Room 1 is a gorgeous two-floor suite with a tower overlooking the town and ocean! Every day the great maids fold your towels into animals inspired by Costa Rica's ecology; monkeys were hanging from the bed frame one day! The kitchen was fully stocked of all common and uncommon kitchen utensils, somewhat of a rarity when you book hotels (wine openers are crucial).

The hotel thrives on its cleanliness and beautiful landscape. The private pool is a great way to start or end your day, whether before the fantastic daily breakfast (fruits! yogurt! granola! juice!) or after one of the scheduled day trips (ziplining! crocodiles!), all served and planned by the wonderful Jan, Juliana and James. They were extremely knowledgeable of Jaco and its surroundings, providing great recommendations on restaurants, guided tours and beach spots. I never hesitated to ask for assistance or help, they were very reliable and always happy to help.

Vista Pacifico treats its guests like family. The charm of relaxing in a sun chair and greeting other guests as they arrive feels very homey. My favourite times were the mornings talking to guests about their day trips, I instantly made friends and we went on day trips together! If that's not a friendly environment I don't know what is.

There are so many more things I could say about Vista Pacifico, it's such an awesome find that it almost feels like a steal. I only review things I love, and I absolutely love this place. This was my first time in Costa Rica and Vista Pacifico and definitely not my last. Juliana, Jan and James are the definition of Pura Vida. Gracias amigos!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I've stayed at Vista Pacifico twice now, and I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Jaco. The rooms are lovely (stay in a suite with a tower, if you can!), and all the little details are so thoughtful. I especially like that the aparthotel is on the hill above the city, which means it's peaceful at night when Jaco isn't, but plenty close to the beach.

On our first visit, we split our time between sitting by the pool, reading and chatting, and exploring the area around Jaco. When we wanted to explore and try the zip lines, Jan booked us a tour. She also helped us find nice places to stay when we moved on to explore more of the country. She even booked a car for us, and arranged to have it delivered to the hotel, but returned in San Jose before our flight. On our second visit, we were more independent, driving ourselves in from San Jose. This time, Jan's daughter Juliana took care of us. Everybody is so warm and friendly, truly embodying Pura Vida. Highly recommended!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

An amazing value considered with the other options we considered when planning our stay. The atmosphere is very friendly and family run - almost a touch of B&B. Very helpful people who gave us great pointers on where to go and what to do. Highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

A friend and I stayed at this hilltop beauty for one week (Sept. 15-22, 2012) – my second vacation to wonderful Costa Rica and her first. I stayed at an all inclusive resort my first trip. I was looking for more “Costa Rican” accommodations this trip. I found a perfect fit at Vista Pacifico. I started planning the trip about a month out and the owners (Juliana assisted me) were fabulously communicate and helpful from room booking to acquiring a rental car (ready and waiting when we landed at San Jose Airport). Their kind hospitality was ever-present during our week long stay. Juliana, James and Jan are very knowledgeable about the area and eagerly helped us choose and book our daily adventures – unforgettable, magical Costa Rican adventures! When all we wanted to do was rest and relax, Vista Pacifico was the perfect place to be for that, as well. Jaco is beautiful. It is also a busy tourist town. Vista Pacifico sits on a hilltop above the town – a safe, tranquil oasis complete with a gentle mountain breeze.

We stayed in room #7. It was immaculately clean and comfortable. It had no air conditioning and never missed it – we slept like babies every night with the windows open wide. The kitchenette is more like a kitchen – plenty of room and storage to cook a Costa Rican feast if you so choose. We stayed during low season when a ‘light’ breakfast is served. It was more than enough for me: fresh coffee, fruit, pastries, yogurt, homemade granola and juice every morning. Delicious!

I encourage you to look at the wonderful photos of the hotel and surrounding area previous guests of Vista Pacifico have posted on TripAdvisor. I promise the ‘vistas’ are more beautiful than any camera lens can capture. Many of the photos also give a good perspective of where the hotel sits in relation to the town of Jaco. Also visit the hotel’s stellar website at http://www.vistapacifico.com.

I also encourage a car rental WITH a navigation system preset with Costa Rican destinations. I thought about bringing my Garmin from home, but Juliana advised me that many people had difficulties with ones brought from the States. Thank you, Juliana, for that tip! I was very grateful for a dependable navigation system while driving in Costa Rica. NOTE: almost all cars in Costa Rica are stick shifts. Costa Rica is a mountainous country and gears are needed to traverse the terrain. That being said, we had no trouble navigating or driving during our trip.

I am already looking forward to my next trip to Costa Rica and my next stay at Vista Pacifico. Many thanks for your generous hospitality to my new friends at Vista Pacifico. Until I see you again and, always, Pura Vida!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We stayed four nights and can't rave enough about this hotel. From our reception, to the accomodations, to the breakfast each day and wonderul and friendly staff....this is a must stay if you want to experience Costa Rica away from the chain hotels!

A truly great experience.....we booked based on prior reviews.... so we are glad to add our review to authenticate this wonderful hotel spot.

Room Tip: Some rooms don't have air conditioning but ours was comfortable without it in September...if you...