“Hotel Vista Pacifico, a gem of a hotel with great service” 5 of 5 stars

Aparthotel Vista Pacifico
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Apdo 108, Jaco 4023, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #2 of 44 Hotels in Jaco
Lima, Peru
“Hotel Vista Pacifico, a gem of a hotel with great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

The Hotel Vista Pacifico is a great hotel with comfortable rooms, great service, and owners who truly care about their customers. They will bend over backward to make sure that your stay is pleasant and that you leave happy. In all, I wouldn't recommend Jaco itself, but if you go to Jaco then this is a great place to stay. The beach is not pretty, the town is small, but there are a number of outdoor activities such as ATVing and surfing.

Although it is not in the city, this hotel is a short taxi ride or walk away. It is on a hill so the walk to the city is pleasant, but walking back is not. For those who choose a taxi, it is only a few bucks for the ride and will not be a large part of your trip budget. If you take a taxi, then I would recommend you get the phone number of the first taxi guy that you use and get a good feel for. You can always call him from the hotel and use him on every taxi ride. You can also rent a car, which I found to be the best thing that we did on the trip. We rented the car in Jaco and was able to travel to Manuel Antonio, then to Arenal, and drop the car off in San Jose before going to the airport. Renting the car was the best thing we did for the vacation, as we did not find Jaco to be what we were looking for on our vacation (we thought the beach would be better).

The breakfast they provide is small and basic, basically a continental breakfast, but it is sufficient and the fruit was fresh and tasty. This hotel is safe and the owners can be found walking around, tending to business and always attentive to your needs with genuine hospitality. They should be commended for the great operation that they have established. If you choose this hotel, you will be pleased.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

After traveling around Costa Rica for almost a week and a horrible hotel experience in La Fortuna (Arenal) we arrived at a little piece of paradise sitting on a mountain top. We spent the last three nights at Vista Pacifico and it was perfect. Juliana and James were awesome and knew the places to go and things to see. The ambiance at the hotel is great, just sitting neat the pool and being greeted by other patrons to the hotel, just kind of made you feel like you were at home. We stayed in a one bedroom and the upstairs room with the wind blowing and ceiling fan, was better then an air conditioner. The kitchen was equipped with all everything you need to cook, they even have a barbeque grill near the pool. A nice breakfast in the morning was perfect before heading out for the day. We traveled with two children (ages 2 and 7) and they both loved it. Will surely be back on our next journey to Jaco.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I went to Jacó to go ATVing and I didn't want to leave, so I found the hotel online. I happened to snag the last room which is smaller than the rest but still very nice. It had a kitchenette and a nice big bed and TV/ AC, coffee maker. The staff was extremely accommodating. The best staff two person staff yet. The breakfast was great. They had pastries, fruit, yogurt, fruit juice. The only problem is that is not really walking distance to the beach the route (It's very far but it's not walkable) but the view from the mountains is great and there's a nice big pool.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Monroeville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

After a long day in Jacó, we were treated to incredible hospitality, unlike any I have experienced anywhere else. The room was clean, water was hot, and the kitchen was well equipped. After watching the sun set from the clean and refreshing swimming pool, my husband and I enjoyed watching the tree frogs and gecko's frolic around the beautiful gardens. In the morning we were treated to a wonderful complimentary breakfast of fresh fruit, pastries, coffee, juice, yogurt, and homemade granola. This is a fabulous place to stay. We have already recommended the hotel to others. Thanks for making us feel "at home"!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for three nights of our honeymoon. We loved it! The owners and staff are amazing....friendly and super helpful. Having breakfast every morning next to the pool with a beautiful view of the hills and mountains on one side of the hotel was only surpassed by sitting on the veranda of our room looking down into Jaco with a pristine view of the Pacific.

Room: Our room had a kitchenette, stocked with anything we could possibly need and even came with a bag of popcorn and coffee that I could make. The water was hot, and the tv had lots of channels. We didn't have an air conditioner, but there was a celing fan and a standing fan that provided all the cool air we needed. The bed was verrry comfortable (softer than any of our other beds in Costa Rica). The only downside is that there are lots of the tiniest, fastest ants I've ever seen running around. You pretty much can't put your coffee down for more than 5 minutes without it containing a whole village of ants).

Staff: Julianna and James are super cool. It's a family-run (and Canadian-run) business and you can tell, which I loved.

Nearby town: I really enjoyed Jaco. We got surf lessons there and had a great time with locals on our night out on the town. It's only a 5-minute, $5 cab ride into town from the hotel, which gave us a nice break from having to drive everywhere. It's a very tourist-focused town, and has a rougher night-life than some people are up for. But, if you ask around, you can find some great local spots with good, cheap food (like Rustico), and we really enjoyed our night out there.

Basically, loved, loved, loved it!

Room Tip: We had room #2. Second floor with a beautiful view and a kitchenette. I would recommend the ocean vi...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

We stayed at Vista Pacifico for two nights last month an enjoyed our stay very much. This was our first trip to CR so I wanted to stay outside of town. The hotel is on top a hill just outside of town with a nice view of the town & beach.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

It's been a month since my girlfriend and I stayed here so this review is a bit overdue. Our expectations were high after reading all the glowing reviews when booking our trip and yet we were still pleasantly surprised with the charm and friendliness of this place. Really, it's Jan, her family and staff that makes the big difference. They do go out of their way to make sure your stay, not just at the hotel but all of Jaco, is a pleasant one. I understand that this is like the millionth review stating how great the hosts were but I wouldn't be doing my service if I didn't say a bit about them.

I won't go into details about the hotel itself. You can see from the previous reviews that the hotel is smaller, quaint, clean, safe, highly affordable, has a nice pool, up on a mountain with great views, etc. Unless you’re looking for an all inclusive eat/drink fest or a resort with a lobby lined with chandeliers, this is the place to stay in Jaco. I do have a couple recommendations however.

Having a car, while not necessary, is very convenient. It's a very long walk from the hotel to town/beach area and, while cabs are cheap and readily available, having a car let you go back and forth on a whim. You get to drive around town to take in the sights in an air conditioned car also. We took a day trip down to Manuel Antonio which you can do by bus but we were able to stop at multiple spots along the coast on our way. We made some friends staying at the hotel without a car that were able to join us and had a great time.

Air conditioning. The second floor where we stayed may offer a slightly better view and a private balcony but no air conditioning. I would have liked the option of having air conditioning. 3 out of 4 nights offered a cool mountain breeze at night but the air was dead still one night and it was hot. First floor rooms have air conditioning and access to one large shared balcony with a set of outdoor table and chairs. We decided the next time we go we’ll stay on the first floor.

Try the tuna especially if you like sushi. Apparently, west coast Costa Rica is the yellow fin tuna capital of the world. It was some of the freshest tuna sushi I ever had.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Aparthotel Vista Pacifico? Share your experiences!