“Love it!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Clarita's Beach Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jaco
Clarita's Beach Hotel
300 meters North of Best Western Hotel on the Beach, Jaco 0078, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #14 of 42 hotels in Jaco
Austin, Texas
“Love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

While not for everyone, Clarita's is perfect if you want a place with local flavor and comfortable facilities. Great private pool for hotel guests only. Neat bar and very good restaurant. Go someplace else if you want fancy and high class. Stay here if you want a place where local beach combing families come on the weekend but still have an active bar scene with very adequate facilities.
4th time to stay here and will continue to come back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

243 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Yes! On the beach, but a good 20 minute walk from town. Good crowded bar/restaurant. Over priced shabby room with free ganja fumes throughout the night. Bonus: every couple of hours someone would tap on the window with a key? Not sure what that was about, too scared to look! Air con, frig, fan, with curtains that looked like old beach towels. Would stay again, but not @ $80. Maybe less on a walkin?

• Stayed April 2013
Small Town, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

A bit late sending this review, My stay was end of January thru early Feb, about 10 days, Listen everyone, I have read the reviews for Clarita's.....likely all that have been ever written.......and I truly must say that I do not understand he negative ones, we all have different tastes, if your requirement is staying in 5 Star nice and fluffy bed hotel......which by the way I have done as well, Do not come to Clarita's, However, if you can accept a laid back atmosphere (Except for Thursday $1 beer nights and Kareoke night!! LOL) then this place is a must do, the rooms are truly clean..REALLY, they are basic but as I said are clean , the air conditioning will freeze you out! There is a fridge, so feel free to run to the mercado for whatever. The pool is CLEAN......and a ball to hang out in...........go with the flow, meet cool people, talk with Dave (manager), talk with the cleaning girls, the bar girls, the couples, the singles, the security guys (must know espanol!), everyone is friendly......as many say the security is there 24/7.......every staff member works hard to keep the place clean and fun. I was there with 2 friends who were there with me before and 2 guys (friends of a friend), the 2 new guys cannot wait to return to Clarita's..........and they stayed at 2 other "highly rated" hotels during their travel in CR...........their thought? Only Clarita's for future trips to Jaco. Same for me......and hope to be there again in June..

da22, Owner at Clarita's Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Gracias amigo. We enjoyed having you and hope to see you again soon. Clarita
South Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for two nights on our honeymoon at the end of March. It was such a blast, and we really enjoyed the atmosphere of Clarita's! The security was an awesome amenity that we were not expecting, and it gave us peace of mind. The rooms are basic but clean and comfortable. They are great for the price, especially considering the location is right on the beach! The pool was small but nice as well. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly too! We had a bag issue with Interbus when we first arrived, and one of the bartenders/servers was kind enough to help us get ahold of someone on the phone. I also left my makeup bag in the room as we were checking out, and the staff found it and returned it to me before we left. I highly recommend Clarita's if you are staying in Jaco.

Room Tip: Get an air conditioned room! It got really hot during our stay, and it was nice to be able to retrea...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
da22, Owner at Clarita's Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Muchas Gracias amigos. Thank you very much for giving Claritas a try. We enjoyed having you and look forward to seeing you again soon. Clarita
Newport, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Best place on Jaco Beach.Well maintained,friendly staff,secure,great food,fun bar,and great location on the beach.We met awesome people both staying there and working there.The beach is right there but they also have a nice small pool.Have fun from the Tortuga.

da22, Owner at Clarita's Beach Hotel, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Gracias Tortuga. Glad you had a fun time. We enjoyed our time with you. Clarita
Middletown, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

What can i say,this place was so much fun !!! on the water,great people,great bar,and a very friendly staff .the owner Dave , made you feel like you were part of Clarita's fam.this was my first trip to Costa Rica and when i return next Feb.i will for sure stay at Clarita's.the sunsets were beautiful ,and the 24 hour security made you feel safe at all times.the rooms were very clean and the service was great !! I WILL B BACK (THE ANG. INCH FROM R.I.) !!!!!! c you all in Feb !!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
da22, Owner at Clarita's Beach Hotel, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Gracias Inch. We are glad you enjoyed your first trip to Costa Rica and look forward to your return for next year's Super Bowl and Miss Clarita Contest. Clarita
chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

It was my first time going to Costa Rica and after reading many reviews, I took a chance on Clarita's. I was not disappointed at all. the pool was refreshing. the room was clean and it included a safe, however, i left some valuables out and left for the day. I returned to find maids had serviced my room and to my surprise all my valuables were still there. I was impressed by the honest staff! Thursday dollar beer nights made entrainment very cheap. I mingled with the locals that attended dollar beer night and they gave me great advice that saved me money on tours and activities. some of the food on the menu was average others were above average. everything was just a short walk from Clarita's and a 2 dollar cab ride brought me home at night. 24 hour security made me feel safe. overall i felt it was a great value and i will be returning.

Room Tip: A/C rooms worth the price.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Clarita's Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!