“Another Simply Super Stay At Clarita's” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Clarita's Beach Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jaco
Clarita's Beach Hotel
300 meters North of Best Western Hotel on the Beach, Jaco 0078, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #14 of 42 hotels in Jaco
Small Town, NY
“Another Simply Super Stay At Clarita's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

A bit late sending this review, My stay was end of January thru early Feb, about 10 days, Listen everyone, I have read the reviews for Clarita's.....likely all that have been ever written.......and I truly must say that I do not understand he negative ones, we all have different tastes, if your requirement is staying in 5 Star nice and fluffy bed hotel......which by the way I have done as well, Do not come to Clarita's, However, if you can accept a laid back atmosphere (Except for Thursday $1 beer nights and Kareoke night!! LOL) then this place is a must do, the rooms are truly clean..REALLY, they are basic but as I said are clean , the air conditioning will freeze you out! There is a fridge, so feel free to run to the mercado for whatever. The pool is CLEAN......and a ball to hang out in...........go with the flow, meet cool people, talk with Dave (manager), talk with the cleaning girls, the bar girls, the couples, the singles, the security guys (must know espanol!), everyone is friendly......as many say the security is there 24/7.......every staff member works hard to keep the place clean and fun. I was there with 2 friends who were there with me before and 2 guys (friends of a friend), the 2 new guys cannot wait to return to Clarita's..........and they stayed at 2 other "highly rated" hotels during their travel in CR...........their thought? Only Clarita's for future trips to Jaco. Same for me......and hope to be there again in June..

da22, Owner at Clarita's Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Gracias amigo. We enjoyed having you and hope to see you again soon. Clarita

243 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
South Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for two nights on our honeymoon at the end of March. It was such a blast, and we really enjoyed the atmosphere of Clarita's! The security was an awesome amenity that we were not expecting, and it gave us peace of mind. The rooms are basic but clean and comfortable. They are great for the price, especially considering the location is right on the beach! The pool was small but nice as well. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly too! We had a bag issue with Interbus when we first arrived, and one of the bartenders/servers was kind enough to help us get ahold of someone on the phone. I also left my makeup bag in the room as we were checking out, and the staff found it and returned it to me before we left. I highly recommend Clarita's if you are staying in Jaco.

Room Tip: Get an air conditioned room! It got really hot during our stay, and it was nice to be able to retrea...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
da22, Owner at Clarita's Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Muchas Gracias amigos. Thank you very much for giving Claritas a try. We enjoyed having you and look forward to seeing you again soon. Clarita
Newport, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Best place on Jaco Beach.Well maintained,friendly staff,secure,great food,fun bar,and great location on the beach.We met awesome people both staying there and working there.The beach is right there but they also have a nice small pool.Have fun from the Tortuga.

da22, Owner at Clarita's Beach Hotel, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Gracias Tortuga. Glad you had a fun time. We enjoyed our time with you. Clarita
Middletown, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

What can i say,this place was so much fun !!! on the water,great people,great bar,and a very friendly staff .the owner Dave , made you feel like you were part of Clarita's fam.this was my first trip to Costa Rica and when i return next Feb.i will for sure stay at Clarita's.the sunsets were beautiful ,and the 24 hour security made you feel safe at all times.the rooms were very clean and the service was great !! I WILL B BACK (THE ANG. INCH FROM R.I.) !!!!!! c you all in Feb !!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
da22, Owner at Clarita's Beach Hotel, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Gracias Inch. We are glad you enjoyed your first trip to Costa Rica and look forward to your return for next year's Super Bowl and Miss Clarita Contest. Clarita
chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

It was my first time going to Costa Rica and after reading many reviews, I took a chance on Clarita's. I was not disappointed at all. the pool was refreshing. the room was clean and it included a safe, however, i left some valuables out and left for the day. I returned to find maids had serviced my room and to my surprise all my valuables were still there. I was impressed by the honest staff! Thursday dollar beer nights made entrainment very cheap. I mingled with the locals that attended dollar beer night and they gave me great advice that saved me money on tours and activities. some of the food on the menu was average others were above average. everything was just a short walk from Clarita's and a 2 dollar cab ride brought me home at night. 24 hour security made me feel safe. overall i felt it was a great value and i will be returning.

Room Tip: A/C rooms worth the price.
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Four of us just finished a week at Claritas and enjoyed our stay. They were very helpful in helping us find a good skipper for 3 days of fishing (Capt. Jorge). The rooms were clean but nothing fancy. Just right for a bunch of old fishermen! The staff was great, cute as they could be and never stopped working serving the guests and locals.
My only complaint was loud music on the weekends till midnight. It made sleeping tough till things quieted down. Guess I should have been in the bar not in my bed!
Food I thought was a little pricy but that seemed to be the case all over town.
I give Claritas a big thumbs up and when I go back on my next trip I'll stay with them again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Waterbury, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Well I will be coming down for the 10th time in 5 years next week. Where will I be staying. Claritas of course. Unfortunately my old friend Clarita who used to sleep outside my room every night and go for walks with me is no longer there, but Clarito is trying. If you are going on a vacation and want to get a good bang for your buck Claritas is for you. Good cold beer, good free java in the morning with your gallo pinto. They are on the beach and after 11PM the waves pounding on the beach will put you to sleep. Its far enough from the center of town so that there isnt much congestion, but only a 10 minute walk on the street, or 8 minutes if you walk on the beach to go to town. Easy to pick up a cab and for a little more than a buck, your there if your that lazy or hung over. Everyone there is friendly and attentive to your needs. But understand this is Costa Rica, not NYC. It might take 10 minutes to get your bill. the rooms are adequate and clean. Security is top notch. If you plan on spending 24 hours in your room on the internet and watching TV, stay somewhere else. I had a medical issue while there several years ago and the staff couldnt do enough for me. Its not the Ritz, but fits my style and budget.

Room Tip: I hate to say this but get a room towards the back. A little less noise from deliveries to bar in th...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Been to Clarita's Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!