“So much noise!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Clarita's Beach Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jaco
Clarita's Beach Hotel
Save Saved
You added Clarita's Beach Hotel to your Saves list
300 meters North of Best Western Hotel on the Beach, Jaco 0078, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #14 of 42 hotels in Jaco
Oslo, Norway
“So much noise!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012 via mobile

The hotel lied about the rates at Internett. Anounced 50, but actually 60$. The budget rooms should not cost that much, they are worth 25$.
Our room was like a restroom in a karaoke-bar. The karaoke was so loud in our room that we couldn't hear eachother talk. And we did not have any use of the cable tv, because we couldn't hear it. Nice pool, but you can not use it after nine a clock.

• Stayed February 2012
da22, Owner at Clarita's Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 5, 2012
Let's be accurate: We don't lie about our prices. We lie only about my weight, age and how much I had to drink last night!
Our web site (in English) clearly states that rates for non ac rooms in the high season of February 2012 are $60 per night which includes tax. Per our web site, the non ac rooms cost $50 from May-November, the low season. This guest stayed in February 2012 thus $60 per night. Perhaps this guest/reviewer does not speak English. If so we apologize for his confusion
Our pool is open 24 hours. We do have a sign that says (in English) "No loud noises in the pool area after 9:00pm". Perhaps this guest/reviewer does not speak English. If so we apologize for his confusion.
Finally, the reviewer states that the room he chose looked like a restroom and was only worth $25. NOW I'M CONFUSED. Before renting the room for $60 the reviewer inspected the room and saw that the less expensive non ac room was located close to the bar/restaurant while the $80 ac rooms were located far away from the bar. Nevertheless, he decided to take the cheaper non ac room that he personally inspected. Why look at the room, then rent it for $60 and later write that the room was like a restroom in a Karaoke bar and only worth $25? Yep, that is why my hair is grey and I'm only 24. Gracias. Clarita

246 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

My travel partner bought my ticket for my bday and never showed. I went with VERY LITTLE $$ as he was paying for everything. After arriving in Jaco I was told by an American hotel owner to go to Clarita's. This was a number of years ago, but the cost was $20/night for non-air and $30/night for air. I chose the non-air (as $$ was tight), brought $300 for a 6 night trip!!! Had the time of my life at the hotel... The owner and staff were absolutally wonderful. The views were awesome and the rooms were VERY clean. Where else can you stay ON the beach for that cheap? The major chain hotel next door (OK Western) was $129 night. Would go back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Mountain Top, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

First trip to Jaco, CR and I'll be back! Clarita's is a fun and inexpensive hotel ON the beach. It is one of it's greatest assets, sand and surf, as you kick back and relax in this cool old surfing town. I traveled with a group that has been staying here for several years and their description of Clarita's was right on. The owners have worked hard to make the facility clean and comfortable. I was impressed with the rooms and the quality of food in the bar/restaurant. Several posts here have mentioned the "indifference" of the girls behind the bar/servers. I agree the staff could have been a little more accommodating. I understand the difference in culture and how difficult it must be to hire and train good people to the "American Standard". I've worked in the hospitality industry most of my life and know consistent customer service is one of the most difficult issues facing any property. I also understand that we Americans can be a little aggressive and demanding and feel since we're paying the bill we deserve a certain level of service. Kudos to Reni, Mesa, Allison, Dorothy and the rest of Clarita's staff for putting up with a bunch of "teenage boys" on spring break! Don't pass this one up!

Room Tip: Get a room with a/c.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Scottsdale, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012 via mobile

Me and a pal hung out here for the superbowl and had an amazing time at this super chill beach bar and hotel.

Great drinks, pretty girls, and the best beach and sunset views. This is also very close to downtown Jaco's restaurants and nightlife.

I shall return!

• Stayed February 2012
Florence, Ala
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

I stayed at clarita's in Jan. 2012. I was dismayed at the indifference and gruff atitude of the staff as a whole. This was my 4th trip to CR and I have come to expect more. The setup consists of the bartender acting as the reception desk, so she frequently seemed harried and ill. also, if there was any problem, she had to handle it herself. There seemed to be no support staff at all. I stayed 5 days and could not get my safe opened, which forced me to carry all my docs, cash ect. with me at all times. I asked everyday and was told "the man is coming", "I told the man" ect. I did not read the part about there being no shampoo/conditioner/ice bucket in the room. and none avail at the bar/reception desk. The mattress was good. but the frame so squeaky that turning over might wake you up! I couldn't believe the walls were so thin you could hear everything you neighbors were doing
(and I mean everything). I want to make something clear. I'm not a crybaby tourist that expects the hilton at motel six prices, I travel alone to CR to fish, ATV ride,Whitewater raft, Zipline and hike the volcano. I don't mind roughing it. I brought back a large bag of Spanish mackeral to eat and gave the rest to the staff and the total lackluster response of " Oh thanks" no smile no personality no nothing. Please don't be fooled by the video on the site! I came home from the Casino at 9pm on Fri and there was a senoir citizen Kareoke(?) party goin on at full volume and you could hear it til 2am. On Sat the bar was closed by midnight. I thought this was High season. Whatever response comes from my review, Know I have told things exactly as they happened this may have been a happenin place a one time but, unfortunately I say pass it by for a room close by almost the same money and not near the hassles and noise. WJB

Room Tip: there are several places closer in to town that offer clean rooms for good value(I checked) I am sho...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
San Rafael de Escazu, Costa Rica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

Our trips to Jaco usually involve renting a 2 or 3 bedroom condo but during a last-minute getaway I ended up staying at Clarita's for 1 night and the place was better than expected.

The room is not fancy, but it's clean, had a better than expected mattress, along with a mini-bar fridge, safety box and small tv.

For the price, $60/night (room with A/C is $20 a night more) I couldn't have been happier. I just needed a place to rest my head for a few hours after a long night at the bars and Clarita's was perfect.

Waking up and strolling to the beach front bar is nice and the area where Clarita's is located seems to be the cleaner side of Jaco Beach - so I'd say it's worth paying the $1 taxi to and from center of town than staying at a walking distance hotel in the middle of Jaco.

Overall, I wasn't at the hotel long but it suited its purpose and is definitely on my radar for any future visits when I need a basic accommodation for a night or two.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Denver, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

Spent 5 nights at Clarita's hotel and had a great time. The rooms are beach front and basic (fan, air conditioning, tv, hot water and safe), located on the north end of Jaco beach. There is a medium size attractive pool and patio area where one can sun bathe or stay in the shade and use the WIFI. The hotel has a great bar where locals, tourists and ex-pats all gather, they also have a full service kitchen--great ceviche! The staff was very accommodating in all regards including doing my laundry. There was 24 hour security and the bar/restaurant usually closed around 10, noise and/or safety was never a concern. If you want a very relaxed hotel, on the beach, very cheap, with a great bar then this is your place.

Room Tip: Room options were ac or no ac..otherwise did not see a great deal of difference between the rooms.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Clarita's Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!