“Our yearly stop at Catalina” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Catalina

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jaco
Hotel Catalina
Calle Hidalgo | South Jaco Beach, Beachfront!, Jaco 4023, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #5 of 21 Jaco B&B and Inns
Kamloops, Canada
“Our yearly stop at Catalina”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Stay at the Catalina every year and have had many wonderful times with Sandra and Naomi. Met lots of great people, watched many breath taking sunsets, had so many fun happy hours with lots of laughing and singing, lots of boogie boarding and many birthdays there. Rooms are always clean too! Had some wonderful stays at the Hotel Catalina! Thank you Sandra and Naomi!!

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

puravida643, Manager at Hotel Catalina, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for your continuing support! We always have a wonderful time when you and your family stay here as well! Thank you again and hope to see you soon!

77 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Thunder Bay, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

When we first looked at staying in Jaco we were turned off by the bad rap it gets. But we soon found Jaco and Hotel Catalina to have everything we needed. Naiomi and Sandra are the nicest two ladies you could ever meet. The room they gave us overlooking their beautiful gardens was peaceful and cool even without A/C. Naiomi gave us tips on the area and directions to a great farmers market. If you are looking for a quiet place to stay with the best sunsets in Costa Rica Hotel Catalna is for you!

Room Tip: The rooms at the back are a bit more private
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words and recent stay! We are happy that you enjoyed your time in Jaco and your stay with us at the Catalina! Thank you again and hope to see you soon!
Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Im writing this review under my husband's name-sorry! Anyway, Im 29 and from the US and last June was my third stay at the Catalina. I went back to Jaco to get married and brought my family to The Catalina. Months before my wedding I was in contact with Naomi. She answered many questions I had and made every effort to assure our stay would be great. We arrived and were greeted warmly, as always, by the girls.I filled up their hotel with my family and friends.The rooms were clean and cozy with new towels and sheets daily,swept floors, kitchen pots pans and utinsils.The beach is feet from the gate and the view could not be better. The girls keep a close eye on the property so I always felt safe. Never a worry.
By the end of the week at the Catalina, everyone was in love with Jaco and the Catalina and had become fast friends with Naomi and Sandra (and Dino and Kitty too of course :). I cannot thank Naomi and Sandra enough for their hospitality to me, my parents, aunts, uncles,cousins and friends. You two are amazing people with big hearts and I cannot wait to come back. If you do not visit this gem in Jaco, you are missing out on a great experience and great people.

Room Tip: "my room" is the immediate one on the left when walking in the gate. It's closest to t...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
We are so happy to be part of your special occasion! Thank you for staying with us at the Catalina. It is always a pleasure to see you and your family! Thank you and hope to see you soon.
Quebec City, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stayed in Jaco for 2 night in Januay at Catalina and it was just the perfect hotel by the beach to relax and have a good time. Big and clean rooms with a kitchenette. Super friendly staff, Naomi and Sandra, the owners, were amazing with us.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
puravida643, Manager at Hotel Catalina, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review! We are so happy you and your family enjoyed your stay, we loved meeting you! Thank you for taking out the time to write a review! Wishing you and your family a fantastic 2013!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I had never been to Jaco before and wasn't sure what to expect. Hotel Catalina was the perfect place to spend a week vacation relaxing. It's located on the southern end of town, in the nicest and quietest part of the beach. The mother and daughter owners are from the US and have been down there for 12 years. They are so welcoming, friendly, and a wealth of knowledge of what to do in the area. Manuel Antonio national park is an easy day trip.

The rooms are a good size, extremely clean, and the hotel area is quiet. There is a small pool, but this hotel is right on the beach, so why not go swimming in the ocean! Speaking of the ocean, there is good surf for anyone who is beginner-intermediate. You can even rent boards or take a lesson from a surf academy right outside the hotel gate.

I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone that wants to get away and relax. If you're looking for a party place, this is not the hotel.

I'm missing hotel Catalina and Playa Jaco already. Will have to get there again since it's only a 1.5 hour drive from San Jose.

Room Tip: They have both A/C and non A/C rooms.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time out to write a wonderful review! So happy that you enjoyed your stay here and hope to see you again in the future! Have a wonderful 2013!
new york city
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I highly recommend this hotel. My friend and I stayed there during the low reason. We loved it there. What a wonderful hotel. Naomi is super friendly and helpful if you need recommendations for restaurants + things to do. We would def visit again!

Room Tip: We stayed in the fan room next to the pool. I love it. Strong wifi. everything works!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
puravida643, Manager at Hotel Catalina, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
So glad you enjoyed your stay at the Catalina! Thank you for your review and support! Hope to see you again in the future! Wishing you all the best in 2013!
Billings, Montana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Absolutely loved this hotel and amazing women who run it. It was complete paradise and Naomi and Sandra were so wonderful!!! If I ever get the chance to visit Costa Rica again I will defiantly be staying at hotel Catalina. I have never felt so at home while traveling but at the Catalina the moment I got there they were so welcoming and inviting it felt like I have known them for years. It was a tearful goodbye with hopes of visiting again some day.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you! It was a pleasure meeting you and your family, hope to see you all again sometime soon in the future! Happy 2013!

Been to Hotel Catalina? Share your experiences!