“Perfect quiet location in jaco” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Catalina

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jaco
Hotel Catalina
You added Hotel Catalina to your Saves list
Calle Hidalgo | South Jaco Beach, Beachfront!, Jaco 4023, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #9 of 21 Jaco B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Seattle, Washington
“Perfect quiet location in jaco”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

Our friends told us about th is place. They live in costa rica and come here often.

Located on the south end of jaco beach. Quiet and laid back area close enough to walk to center of town for dinner or action

Secured parking and building
Small pool
beautiful grounds they have taken great care of this property

Rooms are the cleanest we have seen. Fridge small kichen and hotplate

Air condition that us quiet
Hot water
No bugs

No tv

Excellent property and great owners

We will be back

• Stayed January 2012
puravida643, General Manager at Hotel Catalina, responded to this review, August 26, 2012
What a pleasure meeting you both! Thank you for the support! Hope your travels through Costa Rica were enjoyable!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Melville, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

This place is great by the beach. The rooms are clean and the price is just right. A place you always go back to.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Lake Worth, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

I've spent significant time in this hotel, May, June and July of 2011 to be specific, as well as several months in prior years. It's a very comfortable place. The hotel is right on the beach in the south end of Jaco, which is a great area for surfing and relaxing. Walk out the door of your room to check the waves. Rooms are clean, light and airy. The vibe is peaceful and low key. At night, all you'll here are the sounds of the surf. There are no televisions so bring some books. The owners, Sandra and Naomi, work hard to ensure guests enjoy their stay. A majority of the guests, whether they be Ticos or extranjeros, seem to be regulars. Tells you all you need to know.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
puravida643, General Manager at Hotel Catalina, responded to this review, September 29, 2011
We're always happy when someone enjoys their stay at Hotel Catalina and in Jaco, Costa Rica! Thank you for the wonderful feedback and hope to see you again soon!
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

I stayed here for a few days with some friends, we found the spot so relaxing we stayed an extra night! The owner is very accommodating and the rooms have a very light and airy feeling. At night you can hear the sound of the waves in every room of the hotel. I def plan on returning soon!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
puravida643, General Manager at Hotel Catalina, responded to this review, August 21, 2011
Hello!
Thank you so much for staying with us and writing this review! We are so glad you enjoyed your time here! Looking forward to seeing you soon!
Warm Regards,
Naomi
Montréal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2011

Hotel Catalina was amazing! Soon as we arrived Naomie was like a friend always there to answer all ours questions. We were the only one in the hotel for like 3 days! The rooms are very clean and spacious, I DO Recommend you to take the room with A/C it worth the 10$ more believe me! The second day around 7pm there were a huge rain storm which cause a power outage. So from around 7am until 11am we stay in the dark which was kind of scary lol. At one point Naomie came to give us candle. The service was excellent!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
puravida643, General Manager at Hotel Catalina, responded to this review, May 13, 2011
Thank you so much for your kind review! It was so nice to meet you both! Best of wishes to you both.
Naomi
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2011

I spent a week vacationing in Jaco, and was highly recommended by an acquaintance to stay at the Aparthotel Catalina. After my experience there, I would give the same exact recommendation to anyone planning a trip to Costa Rica. The owners, Sandra and Naomi, made me feel very comfortable during my stay, and were more than eager to help me plan my week's worth of activities. I was a solo traveler and a young female, and I felt completely safe and accommodated the entire time. Sandra even took me on a morning hike one day, and Naomi- who was close to my age- never hesitated to sit on my porch and chatted with me whenever I needed company. Even the family pets, Dino and Kitty, were adorable and loved all the guests. The beachfront property boasts gorgeous views of the ocean, and you wake up / fall asleep to the tranquil sounds of waves crashing everyday. If you are planning a trip to Costa Rica, stay at Playa Jaco. And if you are staying at Playa Jaco....Hotel Catalina is the place to be!

Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Shelby, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2011

We stayed at the Hotel Catalina at the suggestion of friends who had stayed there before. They were in love with the Hotel Catalina from their previous stays and within minutes of being there my husband and I could see why. Naomi and Sandra make you feel comfortable and at home..as if you are at your home away from home. The hotel is quiet and relaxing and located perfectably on the beach. The rooms are perfectly furnished for a tropical getaway....comfortably beds, clean bathrooms and kitchenette. The most enjoyable and memorable aspect of the hotel is by far Naomi and Sandra. They were instantly like friends and not the owners of the hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Catalina? Share your experiences!