$10/ night for a room in the heart of the city is golden if you ask me. Any city actually. The things that makes this place special are listed here for ease of reading:
1. Rooftop Chillin: There is a sweet rooftop to hang out on and watch the sunset from or to jump off of into the pool ;)
2. $4USD All day surf package to the playa: They provide surfboard, transportation to a nearby location with great waves, beach side lounge chairs to set your things down, shirts to keep your nipples from falling off and they take you back to your room when you're finished. Come and go as many times a day as you want. They even have their own photographer that can capture your surf session for you if you want (price unknown).
3. Half block from the "strip": Bars, restaurants, ATMs, convenience stores, art galas, dance clubs, beach with fiery red sunsets that will blow your mind, and close to the supermarket if you're staying longer.
4. Hammocks are awesome, and hey have them here.
5. Don't expect fancy, enjoy the trip!