“Great value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 19 Jaco B&B and Inns
Oakville, Canada
“Great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

Spent one night while on our way to Dominical. Great value. Clean. Good management. Pool very clean. Room had a small fridge which was very convenient. Really easy walk to the ocean. Backed onto a stream with lots of wildlife. Would definitely stay there again. Wifi available in common area.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Couples
Business
Annapolis, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

I happened to be in Jaco when Costa Rica played in the World Cup and that was a fun time to be there. I watched games at the local restaurants and had a merry time watching the ticos celebrate there win. After they won a game, the streets filled up with cars and an impromptu parade broke out....

About the hotel, I stayed at the Mau Mar. It is owned by the same people that own the Posado, Rob and Margaret. I was pleased to find the warmest and nice people there. Rob and Margaret were so nice and helped me find everything I needed in town. Rob was busy around the place keeping it shipshape, and they always had time for a brief chat. Margaret pointed out some local eateries.

I have to say some good things about the manager from The Netherlands, and I feel so stupid, but I forgot his name, and we became good buddies while I was there. He always offered to allow me to use the kitchen at the Mau Mar. He had very good insights about life in Costa Rica, as he is married to a Tica. Both Rob and the manager were very knowledgeable about business and world affairs, and I enjoyed our morning talks. It was nice to have someone to converse with, since I was traveling alone, after dropping my daughter off at surf camp in Tamarindo.

Next time I am in Jaco, I am staying there so I can say hello to my new friends. My apologies for forgetting the name of the general manager, he was a really cool guy!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

I found this hotel to be a good option for surfers. Nothing fancy and basic, but clean and convenient. The owners live in the same building. The hotel has a nice pool and common area. I remember well freezing AC - the owner set it quite low when I checked in.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Been to Mau Mar? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Mau Mar

Address: BOHIO STREET, Jaco 61101, Costa Rica
Location: Costa Rica > Province of Puntarenas > Jaco
Beach Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Kitchenette Swimming Pool
Ranked #12 of 19 B&Bs / Inns in Jaco
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline so you can book your Mau Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Mau Mar Costa Rica/Jaco

If you own or manage Mau Mar, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.