“DoceLunas+++, Jaco is a great beach town!” 5 of 5 stars

DoceLunas Hotel, Restaurant & Spa
Quebrada Seca | 400 M Este from Costanera, Jaco 4132, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #4 of 42 hotels in Jaco
york, pa
“DoceLunas+++, Jaco is a great beach town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2010

DoceLunas was a great hotel! My boyfriend and I traveled there with twelve of our friends to watch our friends band play at the resort called the Midnight Spaghetti and the Chocolate G Strings. They have played there for the past three years. We were taken care of the entire time during our stay. When we needed a cab, we walked to the front desk and asked an employee to call one for us. In five minutes, a cab of our preferred size was there to pick us up. It took a couple of minutes to get into town and cost less than three dollars. We were also able to get a cab in the middle of the night. The bartenders Danny and Andro were fun to talk to and full of knowledge regarding the town. Our meals were superb and fresh. The pineapple juice was also fresh and blended with ice. The pool has a waterfall which was a blast to swim under. The sidewalks were swept everyday. The rooms were spacious, accommodating, and beautiful. There are colorful and tropical flowers, plants, trees and hummingbirds all over the resort. We enjoyed ourselves greatly at DoceLunas, and when we come back to Jaco, Costa Rica, we will definitely stay there!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

317 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2010

I am a single woman traveling on business and felt very safe here. DoceLunas is a beautiful facility. The grounds are gorgeous. The pool is beautiful, a quick dip will refresh the weary traveler. On my next trip I will schedula a day just to sit there all day with a book. The rooms are large and decorated. The air conditioning and hot water work all the time. The food at the restaurant is very good, I love having breakfast on site. The conference center holds 100 people comfortably, it would be perfect for an annual meeting or conference, perhaps a wedding. The staff is gentle and very attentive. They know the area and could get taxis within minutes, even when we needed to go exploring on short notice.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2010

The way the hotel sets under the mountain,so close to the ocean it creates it's own microclimate.It backs up to the rain forest and monkey mountain .It's a little cooler then in the town of jaco.Alot less dustier.The owner ,chris was wonderful and took us out on the town and showed us some of the nite life.The hotel was full of humming birds and the orchads are everywhere.We fell in love with spookie,the cat.He came and visited with us regularly.He was really snuggly.Spookie helped my girfriend feel alittle bit less homesick .She also felt safe taking a cab and going shopping in town by herself.Jaco is a really cool beach town and also has the trinket shops,that are loaded full of must have items.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
North Pole, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

I spent 3 weeks in Docelunas hotel and was very impressed with the room,service and ambiance. I could go on and on about the grounds and the peaceful serene setting. The staff made me feel very welcome, and tended to my needs very promptly.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2010

Hotel DoceLunas is not your typical beach hotel in Jaco. Generously sized bungalo style suites overlooking the big sunrise mosaic swimming pool with waterfall are a great oasis at the edge of the Costa Rican jungle. Restaurant serves great food & provides a beautiful outdoor dining & bar area. This is a great hotel for vacationers looking for a little class & pampering after a day of fun & sun on the beach of Jaco. Very close to all beach activities, ocean & jungle tours.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

This was my first (of hopefully many more) trips to DoceLunas in beautiful Costa Rica! When I first stepped foot on the grounds at DoceLunas, I knew this was going to be a perfect tropical get-away...everything I always wanted out of a vacation. As my 8 days quickly flew by, the trip turned out to exceed all of my expectations of a dream vacation. I owe it all to the perfect experience I had at DoceLunas! My room was comfy, the staff was friendly and Chris, the owner was an amazing host! The first 2 days I enjoyed the comfort of my huge bed and room and the exquisite food by Stewart (mmmm so good!). I could have spent my entire stay on the hotel grounds but I did want to get out and experience the beauty of the beaches and rain forest of Costa Rica for a few days. The remainder of my stay, I spent by the gorgeous pool, with the company of beautiful flowers, trees and wildlife in the setting behind me. I can't wait to get back to DoceLunas and recommend anyone looking for an incredible vacation to check it out. You won't regret it!!! Tell them Spooky sent you!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
tucson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2010

loved staying here. staff was very friendly/helpful. room was like a suite. gardens were fabulous as was the pool. i plan on staying here again next winter.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business

Been to DoceLunas Hotel, Restaurant & Spa? Share your experiences!