We stayed at Docelunas with our friend who had been there previously (about 3 years ago). We chose it because she has enjoyed it so much then, but she thought, and we felt similarly, that it has gone downhill -- mostly in the service department. Docelunas has luxury prices, but middle-of-the-road service. The rooms and surroundings are beautiful, but I am not sure that they will stay that way over the long run. The place was quite unoccupied when we stayed there- and that was the high season. We thought we could see why. If you are an early riser, do not count on breakfast as it does not arrive till eight am. We asked for an early breakfast due to a commitment off-site and were told they could not accommodate us. The next day we did have breakfast but it was nothing special.
We stayed two nights and because we forgot to put out the sign to tidy our rooms, no one entered our room-- normally we expect this to be a negative option thing. The bar was completely dead when we visited. The pool was too hot to have a good swim. Overall a disappointment and one of the few ones in Costa Rica.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DoceLunas is a spectacular Four Star hotel with five acres of tropical gardens at the base of a cool jungle covered mountain. Coatimundi, kinkajou, anteaters, toucans, and scarlet macaws can be seen here. We have a lovely mosaic lined pool with a waterfall cave, a full services spa, and daily yoga classes. Check out our excellent reviews and come join us in paradise! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your DoceLunas Hotel, Restaurant & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Docelunas Hotel, Restaurant And Spa
- Docelunas Hotel, Restaurant Hotel Jaco
- Doce Lunas Hotel
- Doce Lunas Resort
- DoceLunas Hotel, Restaurant & Spa Costa Rica/Jaco