“Tropical Paradise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoceLunas Hotel, Restaurant & Spa

You added DoceLunas Hotel, Restaurant & Spa to your Saves list
DoceLunas Hotel, Restaurant & Spa
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   Quebrada Seca | 400 M Este from Costanera, Jaco 4132, Costa Rica   |
Special Price
20% off - stay 3 days
Ranked #5 of 43 Hotels in Jaco
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New York
“Tropical Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2010

Hello everyone.
I went to Costa-Rica in 2008 and I spent there one and half month. I traveled from my hometown, Prague - Czech Republic. The flight was so long I was looking forward for a shower and a comfortable bed. The hotel satisfied me way beyond my expectations. Nice spacious room with a big bathroom, cable TV facing the bed, fast Internet connection, cozy sitting area. And after you leave the door you are in front of a big sweet mosaic pool with a small cage to hide from the sun.
I heard about the hotel from a friend in Prague who talked about the trip over and over. Now I know why :o)
Since my flight was in January I arrived from the cold Czech winter into the summer season in tropical country, which was a first and I worried about the heat a bit. The Hotel area was actually much cooler then in the city center with mountain breezes and lots of shade from all the beautiful trees all around.
I travel a lot in general and mostly as a solo traveler, so safety is very important! I was a bit concerned about the safety in Jaco for a single young woman, but there is not really much to worry about. The hotel property is all fenced with guards on duty all night (btw. my Spanish was really poor so they often helped me catching the cab late hours, when the reception closed.) And in the center of Jaco is safe too. There are tons of restaurants, bars and shops on the main street, lenghtwise the beach, that are always crowded. This street is located circa 20 minutes walk from the hotel. At first I thought to rent a car, but the taxi´s are so cheap comparing to Prague! There was no need.
What I enjoyed the most in the hotel beside the regular things like the room, nice stuff etc. was the unique romantic and very relaxing atmosphere similar to my imagination of a big paradise garden full of fruit-trees, flowers and little stone paths ending in the restaurant Eclipse and a Spa center with Bikram Yoga Studio with an ocean-view! God! I can´t wait go to back :) One of the great features was also a note I found in the room saying that the tap water is filtrated and drinkable! How cool is that!
The food in the hotel restaurant was great, I think they had organic vegetables only and the Canadian manager gave me a lot of interesting tips what to do and see. I met the owner too and seemed as a really nice guy.
During the period of time there I went to see couple different towns along the Pacific side, but I kept coming back to Jaco and there was no doubt which hotel I´ll pick!!
Costa-Rica was a great relaxing and soul-filling experience, perfect vacation place that meets entertainment, sports, nightlife and relaxing, spiritual aspect in one. You can surf, go fishing, make trips to the rain-forests, dance salsa, scuba-diving and there are so many other things to do! Plus you can pick an orange or banana from a tree when you´re hungry and eat it!

• Stayed January 2008, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Vancouver BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2010

Absolutely Divine. I had the pleasure of meeting Brain in the Canadian embassy in San Jose, I had lost my passport and was having a hell of a time .When I met Brian that all changed, he told us about his Hotel and invited us there. We arrived in paradise , I was blown away. Dolce Lunas is the perfect Hotel, it has all your needs and wants.Thank you Brain and Chris for an unforgettable time , you guys rock.

Ciao,
CanadianGirl4:20

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2010

Me and a friend traveled to Jaco and had an amazing stay at Doce Lunas. Chris and Brian were incredibly friendly and helpful and also available. We sat in the Bar/restaurant with them and felt very welcome.
The grounds are beautiful, and serene--a perfect getaway from the bustle of Jaco. The rooms are clean and the beds comfortable. The bathroom and shower are a great--the best in Costa Rica.
We definitely recommend this hotel for anyone looking to stay in a beautiful hotel on the outskirts of a town with a great nightlife and great beaches. We only wish we could have stayed longer!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2010

I had the pleasure of staying at Doce Lunas for a week in Feb. One of the best hotels I have stayed in anywhere. It was recommended to me by a friend, and now I know why. The grounds were bueatiful, exotic plants and birds. Not to mention a great swimming pool, which has it's own version of the grotto waterfall. The rooms are very impressive, comfortable beds, clean and well decorated. Great food, great service, great hotel...what more could you ask for. The staff was great, very helpful. Brian and Chris know where all the best spots to visit are. Thanks to Chris and Brian for such and enjoyable vacation. The only place I would stay in Jaco!!! Will definately be back soon.

• Stayed February 2010
Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2010

My friends and myself were pleasantly surprised when we were recommended to stay at Doce Lunas in Jaco Beach, on the central Pacific shores of Costa Rica. Our budget was geared towards middle-comfort accomodations...meaning that the occasional A/C or swimming pool would be a bonus! We were so excited when Brian, the friendly and worldly general manager of Doce Lunas showed us our rooms, or shall we say suites, with bathtubs, minifridges, and really better rooms then most expensive franchise-hotels.
The swimming pool is luxurious, and the service is attentive, bi-lingual, and well-trained.
Needless to say that one night turned into four, and we cannot wait to go back to this beautiful oasis. Bravo!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
Washington D.C.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2010

Doce Lunas is a little slice heaven. (From an atheist, that's saying something...) This luxurious, secure, gorgeous property is a great place to get away and relax. Very beautiful and tranquil, easy to get to, not far off the beaten path south of San Jose, just an easy, extremely scenic two-ish hour drive to this gorgeous, peaceful place. The grounds are landscaped with indigenous flora, you can watch scarlet macaws at sunset going to roust. The rooms are impeccably clean and quiet. You'll not even know that someone else is staying there. Enjoy the covered outdoor restaurant and candle light meals. Sun during the day or have a yoga class with the top notch staff. I can't say enough about how pleasant and relaxing out stay was at Doce Lunas. We spent many a night enjoying a cold cocktail and the surroundings outside our bungalow. If you want a great time in a beautiful place, this is it! And if you have the pleasure of bumping into the owner, he's one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet and has some great stories. You can't go wrong. If you happen to also enjoy cats, you can also make friends with some of the ones that live at the resort and come by to visit from time to time, wonderfully care for by the staff.
We really enjoyed our stay at Doce Lunas and are really looking forward to going back during our next trip to Costa Rica. Go!!! :)

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Long Island, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2010

We had the pleasure of staying at the Doce Lunas Hotel this past February. It has beautiful resort like grounds with a small hotel feel. It was quiet and peaceful, especially in the morning, when all you could hear were the birds chirping. Weather was fantastic and the kids particularly enjoyed the pool, with the waterfall cave. Pool also has a shallow end which was perfect for my two year old to wade around in and play. Staff at the hotel was friendly and accomodating. Rooms were extremely spacious and clean. We stayed in one of the family suites, which had ample room for me my husband and our two kids. Rooms also had fridges and coffee makers so we were able to buy some groceries at the local bodegas and relax in the mornings.
Our only issue with Doce Lunas, if you could call it that, was that breakfast didn't begin to be served until 9am and when you are traveling with small kids (2&4 year olds) they are up way before 9am. However, a coffee maker and coffee were provided in rooms. Restaurant/ Bar area was a beautiful open air area. All meals we had were delicious, staff even prepared Super Bowl Patry for us. However, everything takes a long time so just have to be aware and order way before you want to eat. We also took a really great yoga class at the rooftop yoga studio. It was a great way to start the day!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family

Been to DoceLunas Hotel, Restaurant & Spa? Share your experiences!