We stayed at Docelunas on the recommendation of someone else who had seen it. The rooms were clean, spacious and beds comfortable. The pool is sparkling and perfect for floating around, but it is no deeper than 4' anyhere. For the prices they charge, I felt like they needed to do a few things differently. first, Better signage on the approach. When you turn off the main road for the first time, you will wonder if you are in the right place. You drive through about 1/2 mile of dirt road and very poor housing...don't come after dark for the first time! The hotel is gated with security. If you have been to Costa Rica before, this contrast becomes normal. Food was nothing special eat someplace else.
Gardens are pretty. Trees are tall and drop branches and things noisily on the roof. The wood furniture in the room was beautiful, simple, elegant. Beds comfy. Two beautifully handcrafted Adirondack style chairs and a table outside on a small private porch made sitting outside pleasant. They were a bit stingy with glasses in the room, our room key didn't work well...but they fixed that. The biggest complaint was the noises the roof made whever something dropped on it...which was constantly. It sounded like bricks hitting a tin roof. It was corrugated steel!
Minor complaints...I think it was a bit pricey. There are other places.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DoceLunas is a spectacular Four Star hotel with five acres of tropical gardens at the base of a cool jungle covered mountain. Coatimundi, kinkajou, anteaters, toucans, and scarlet macaws can be seen here. We have a lovely mosaic lined pool with a waterfall cave, a full services spa, and daily yoga classes. Check out our excellent reviews and come join us in paradise! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your DoceLunas Hotel, Restaurant & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Docelunas Hotel, Restaurant Hotel Jaco
- Docelunas Hotel, Restaurant And Spa
- Doce Lunas Hotel
- Doce Lunas Resort
- DoceLunas Hotel, Restaurant & Spa Costa Rica/Jaco